Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 May 18, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Cammywatson033
Helping Minnie

Mobile Disneyland hotel and early magic hours

Hey, looking to book the Disneyland hotel for one night, does anyone know where I could get a good deal on it, if that’s even possible. Also do you get the 1 hour extra magic hour if I stay there and have a 1 day both parks ticket? I heard that it needs to be a minimum 3 day ticket to get this, is this true?
Cammywatson033 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 18, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Wishing
slightly serious Dibber

Yes you do get extra magic hours onsite for each day of your stay. Depending on when you looking to travel check the main Disneyland website. They release deals for most months excluding Christmas, July/Beg Aug, but you do have to wait till nearer the time to book. Its usually 10 or 15 percent for the DLH. The last two years we have used the orbitz discount code for the Disneyland Hotel as they get a limited allocation of rooms.
DCL: '14 Disney Magic.
Disney Wishing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 18, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Cammywatson033
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Great, thankyou
Cammywatson033 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 18, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

There's two separate early hour benefits at DLR. One is every day with an onsite stay that has no minimum, the other one (think it's called Morning Magic - but not like EMM at WDW) is a single day's access to EMH at Disneyland only with a 3+ day ticket regardless of where you stay. The latter is probably what you heard about.

For onsite stays, make sure you choose the day carefully for which park you want the extra hour in. Off the top of my head, DL is Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday and the other days are DCA. If it were me, I would go with a DCA morning for two reasons - the popular rides there (like RSR) get long queues quickly and DCA typically closes a couple of hours earlier than DL. And if you've only got a single day ticket, this will maximise the hours you can spend in the parks.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 18, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Cammywatson033
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Thankyou
Old 26 May 18, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
lisad
Excited about Disney

I managed to get the Disneyland Hotel for $330 per night (plus tax). I think the rack rate is about $450 plus tax.

I booked in January for our trip this month. The offers on the Disney site did not include my dates at that time, so I made a refundable booking with Expedia. I checked the Disney site on the day after the old offer ended (March) and was pleased to see my dates had been reduced in the new offer. So I booked direct and cancelled Expedia.

Hotel was great. Hope you find a good deal
lisad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 18, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Cammywatson033
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Thanks, I’ll have a look on Expedia
Old 26 May 18, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

We used our early morning hour at DLR, on a Saturday morning, into park at 7am. It was oyr last day before flying home, left at 10am. On/off Peter Pan by 7.10am 😃. Both parks open at 8am on Friday/Saturdays, get there for ropedrop if you can, we had 4 days after Easter and made full use of them without a Maxpass. Another tip would be using the single rider line for Radiator Springs Ride given the v long waits!
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List