Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 22 Nov 17, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Noddy22
VIP Dibber

Mobile Park to view gators

Could anybody recommend any national parks to hopefully view some gators. My other half is obsessed with seeing one (at a distance! ) but without paying to go somewhere like gator land I’m a bit unsure of the likely places. Any suggestions would be much appreciated
Noddy22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 17, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
chrisxal
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Anywhere there is inland water, DH plays golf and often sees them wandering across the golf course but it is very hit and miss. Gatorland is really the best place and the safest place as well.
chrisxal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 17, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Merritt Island, over by Cape Canaveral. We saw loads of creatures including manatees and alligators close up. You could also go on an airboat ride.
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 17, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post

swfwmd.state.fl.us/recre...arreserve.html
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 17, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

Where are you staying?

These were taken from our lake view villa !

You may get to see one where you’re staying.
ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 17, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
ianc
Apprentice Imagineer

Circle B Bar Reserve has a walk past the lake called Alligator Alley. Entrance is free. Should see quite a few. Also consider an airboat ride such as Kissimmee Swamp Tours - I've been with them twice and both times they took us to where there were lots of baby alligators, as well as the adult ones.
You sometimes see a couple in Lake Toho at the lakeside park in Kissimmee. A year or so ago, there was one in the 2nd lake at Celebration.
The first time I ever visited Florida many years ago was with VH. I went to their reps welcome meeting, where they do the hard sell of tour tickets. They had someone there from Gatorland with a small alligator with its mouth taped shut - I was disgusted - how would Richard Branson like to have his mouth taped shut? See them in their natural habitat in the wild - it so easy!
ianc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 17, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post

That's two for Circle B, really is worth it.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 17, 04:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Noddy22
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thanks everyone for the help. We’re staying in Animal Kingdom Lodge. Robbotoo, I’m not easily scared by animals but not sure if I’d like one that close!
Circle B looks a nice afternoon out from the hustle and bustle of the parks. Animal kingdom is our favourite park but it’s just manic at the moment since pandora opened. It almost ruins the feel of the place.
Noddy22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 17, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando Magic
Earning More Ears

The best place by far to see Alligators in their natural habitat is The Deep Hole.
You can enter this by getting a Permit at the Myakka State Park!
Only 30 people allowed a day !

Wee did this twice:

Day 1 : oldersom.nl/blog/dag-3-d...ka-state-park/

Day 2 : oldersom.nl/blog/dag-21-...the-deep-hole/

The blog is dutch but the photo's will tell more then enough !

See this link: fox13news/news/local-...ver-state-park

"This has become one of the best gator-watching spots in the park, and even in the state."

Edited at 11:39 AM. Reason: added a link to fox 13
Orlando Magic is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 17, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

I second Merritt Island. It's a nice day out and we have consistently seen alligators on one of the drives and manatees at the manatee view.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List