Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Dec 17, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
spoonarama
Getting Excited

Mobile Most useful items to take for baby

Hi all,

Looking for people’s top tips on the most useful item they’ve taken out to Disney with a baby. Excluding essentials, here’s the items I want to take (baby will be 9 months when we go):

- Travel grobag so we can get him straight to bed from stroller (would people suggest a 1 or 2.5 tog for early March?)
- Baby Ear defenders
- baby sunglasses
- Black our blind
- Inflatable baby pool / shade
- buggy fan
- snooze shade
- pool ring/seat
- fold up playmat

Also I’d be really interested to know what people have done in the evenings back at the hotel when baby is asleep. We’re at POFQ so crib will have to be in the main room with us!
spoonarama is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 17, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Would highly recommend a sling for airport and ride queues-infact anywhere!.found it invaluable with all of mine
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 17, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
spoonarama
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by nadya View Post
Would highly recommend a sling for airport and ride queues-infact anywhere!.found it invaluable with all of mine
Ah yes definitely! Love my sling although it’s a soft one, might be tempted to borrow a more structured one, although the soft one takes up less space 🤔
spoonarama is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 17, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Never had a structured one-always used a pouch sling or mei tai sling-worked great.it helped that the boys were used to them from birth,but very convenient .
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 17, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

I have a connecta soft buckle carrier and love it. Took it last year for our 3 month old and will take it next year when she will be nearly 2

For grobag we took a 1 tog last time and just had the a/c set for 20/21c
Then long sleeved pjs/sleep suit.
Not actually sure you could get a 2.5tog travel one as you shouldn't have bulky clothes on in a car seat (I know you mention pram but the travel ones are intended for use with a car seat)

gro/what-to-wear/#EN

We had some baby banz but she just kept pulling them off so you might be better off with a wide brimmed sun hat as you will need the hat anyway

Edited at 11:20 PM.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 17, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
jovial
Imagineer

jovial's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
All of those especially the ear defenders , so many people asked where we got ours ! Our wee girl slept through all the fireworks without being disturbed and boy were they loud ! Another thing is a sling it was invaluable in the airport and the parks when they get bored sitting in the buggy , we purchased one with an inbuilt seat so they weren't hanging down , this was cooler for Her as it meant we didn't always use the straps just had something to sit her on without pulling the arms out of you ! We bought it on Amazon if this helps
jovial is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 17, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Snoobs
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I’m interested to follow this as my little petal will be just 1 when we go.

These are must haves I have put on my list:

*hand luggage with plenty of nappies, snacks and toys

* sling
* small folding stroller
* 1 tog sleeping bag
* ear defenders
* wide brim hat
* large sunshade for the pram
* tons of factor 50 sun cream
* sippy cup for water which I will freeze every night so she has Icey water

* all in one sun suit for the water parks/pool

* pushchair fan

Apparently Disney’s baby care centres are second to none and really amazing :-) xxx
Old 10 Dec 17, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

I found it useful to have a small bag that fits inside your change bag/hand luggage for use on the plane
The toilets are so small there isn't anywhere to put anything.
So a small bag with wipes, nappies and folding change mat. You can leave this in the seat pocket and quickly and easily get up to do a nappy change
Also good for the parks
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 17, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
spoonarama
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by Snoobs View Post
I’m interested to follow this as my little petal will be just 1 when we go.

These are must haves I have put on my list:

*hand luggage with plenty of nappies, snacks and toys

* sling
* small folding stroller
* 1 tog sleeping bag
* ear defenders
* wide brim hat
* large sunshade for the pram
* tons of factor 50 sun cream
* sippy cup for water which I will freeze every night so she has Icey water

* all in one sun suit for the water parks/pool

* pushchair fan

Apparently Disney’s baby care centres are second to none and really amazing :-) xxx
On the sun cream note, really don’t know how much to take. I know exactly how much I need for 2 weeks, but no idea how much to take for him! He’s only a baby but I’ll be putting it on constantly, so maybe 2 bottles a week? Don’t want to run out but equally don’t want to overpack when there’s SO much stuff to take anyway!
Old 10 Dec 17, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
spoonarama
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by LLamb View Post
I found it useful to have a small bag that fits inside your change bag/hand luggage for use on the plane
The toilets are so small there isn't anywhere to put anything.
So a small bag with wipes, nappies and folding change mat. You can leave this in the seat pocket and quickly and easily get up to do a nappy change
Also good for the parks
That’s a really helpfuk tip thanks! I’d been thinking about making a small changing pouch for taking into the bathrooms in the parks rather than my whole backpack, but hadn’t thought about nappy changes on the plane!