Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 22 May 18, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
benvo
Excited about Disney

Upgrading 3 parks to 2 park seasonal

Hi all,

Last couple of trips we have just got seasonal pass, (we were there twice in 12 month span last year so worked out great)

Going again this November and all have ran out, we always get one preferred for the free parking and discounts.

I was thinking to include volcano bay to get the 3 park 14 day explorer pass and then upgrade at towards the end of the holiday (we are there for 3 weeks so will be worth being able to go as we please over the 3 weeks) My issue is i would only want the 2 park seasonal pass after the fact, only plan to go to volcano a couple of times to experience it.

I have seen online people tend to be able to upgrade for $5 a ticket or free in some instances, we would want to upgrade to a 2 park seasonal pass.

But i have seen conflicting stories on the net, when people have been to volcano bay on the explorer ticket, some are able to upgrade just to a 2 park seasonal, but some have been told as they went to volcano they have to upgrade to a 3 park pass.

Any one have any experience? I have emailed universal but there response just says you will be able to upgrade as long as by the last day but they haven't specifically said a 2 park seasonal will be ok.

Thanks

Ben
Old 28 May 18, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Tink17
Earning My Ears

I have just posted this same question would really like to know if it’s possible as we also want to do that.
Tink17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 18, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
tylergeorgia
Apprentice Imagineer

We go November this year and April next and was thinking of doing this. We have never been twice in 12 months before, so my silly little question is - where do I go to see about upgrading- is it just to the standard ticket booths? We have never purchased tickets there before, we have always had real tickets purchased in the UK
Old 28 May 18, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Mobile

I am interested that it only costs $5 because looking online the difference in price for a family of four is £300 if o buy an annual pass as opposed to a two week ticket?
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 18, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
benvo
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I believe upgrade is via the guest services booths.
Old 28 May 18, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Mobile

So do we buy the annual pass now or buy the 2 week pass and risk it for a biscuit at the booths to upgrade ?
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 18, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
benvo
Excited about Disney

Mobile

you can defo upgrade at the park but i believe its the proce that can differ.

I have read if you go to volcano they can only let you upgrade to a 3 park pass which wont be $5. But have seen others who have been able to upgrade to a 2 park even though they went to volcano
Old 28 May 18, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Tink17
Earning My Ears

Originally Posted by benvo View Post
you can defo upgrade at the park but i believe its the proce that can differ.

I have read if you go to volcano they can only let you upgrade to a 3 park pass which wont be $5. But have seen others who have been able to upgrade to a 2 park even though they went to volcano
This is also what I’ve read would love an answer from someone who has recently been able to upgrade after using volcano bay?
Tink17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 18, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Mobile

Get it now!
If you compare the price of the 2 park pass against the 14 day pass then yes it’s not much difference so it’s the water park that makes the difference.

Got it thanks
Old 29 May 18, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
loopylaura
Serious Dibber

Right sorry to disappoint everyone but we have just returned from staying 2 weeks at Sapphire Falls.

My daughter came out to join us for a week and we were going to upgrade her 3 park ticked to a 2 park seasonal pass (we had done this last August for $5). Both Hotel Reception at Sapphire Falls and Royal Pacific and Park Information Centre told us that you can no longer upgrade to a 2 parkseasonal pass... You can now only exchange it to a 3 park pass which would have been $74.

If anyone else has been recently maybe they had more luck but we did try all options in case we were being given duff information
loopylaura is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List