Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 May 18, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
TICH1952
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Literally just upgraded our March flight out from PE to UC for £75.20 each. We already have UC coming back anyhow.
TICH1952 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 18, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Lovesholidays View Post
You couldn’t upgrade for me could you Mr Tom, you always seem to get fantastic bargains 😀
Ha ha. It's all down to playing the waiting game, checking all the time and ignoring silly prices. I always have a figure in my mind that I wont go beyond as PE is fine by me anyhow. I don't use the UC bed as I dont like it albeit my Wife does. I do like the better food and extra space though.
We do like sitting together for dinner (opposite) as thats nice.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 18, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Lovesholidays
Imagineer

Lovesholidays's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Ha ha. It's all down to playing the waiting game, checking all the time and ignoring silly prices. I always have a figure in my mind that I wont go beyond as PE is fine by me anyhow. I don't use the UC bed as I dont like it albeit my Wife does. I do like the better food and extra space though.
We do like sitting together for dinner (opposite) as thats nice.
I’m waiting and waiting, originally it was it was approx £1165, dropped to £600’s then finally down to £500’s, last two days back up to £965 🤔 was thinking I could hopefully get something around the £400’s, now reading your posts, I want an upgrade for under £100’s lol, my patience is running out 😂😂
Lovesholidays is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 18, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Lovesholidays View Post
I’m waiting and waiting, originally it was it was approx £1165, dropped to £600’s then finally down to £500’s, last two days back up to £965 🤔 was thinking I could hopefully get something around the £400’s, now reading your posts, I want an upgrade for under £100’s lol, my patience is running out 😂😂
I'm different to most I think in as much as I really dont mid where I am be it PE or UC. Hence I wont pay big bucks for an upgrade. If it happens then it's nice, but if not then hey ho.
Bear in mind UC is not what it was 3 or 4 years ago. Yes it's still very nice but not worth paying top dollar for.

Our return in Sept has been hilarious. First upgrade price was over £3500 each!, it dropped eventually to £480 and now it's back up to £960. I will dive in at under £100 and thats it. Not a penny more.
Every £7 is a glass of wine lost

Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 18, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I'm different to most I think in as much as I really dont mid where I am be it PE or UC. Hence I wont pay big bucks for an upgrade. If it happens then it's nice, but if not then hey ho.
Bear in mind UC is not what it was 3 or 4 years ago. Yes it's still very nice but not worth paying top dollar for.

Our return in Sept has been hilarious. First upgrade price was over £3500 each!, it dropped eventually to £480 and now it's back up to £960. I will dive in at under £100 and thats it. Not a penny more.
Every £7 is a glass of wine lost
Bear in mind that a lot of us have never flown in UC before, this will be our first time so we have no idea what it was like 3 or 4 years ago.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 18, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
Bear in mind that a lot of us have never flown in UC before, this will be our first time so we have no idea what it was like 3 or 4 years ago.
I agree. It is still nice I must say. The food on our flights this April and May was really good, staff were excellent etc.
I have been flying the Atlantic since 1976 with PanAm, TWA, BA, Virgin and Airtours (god they were dire!) and nothing stays the same for ever I know.

My view is the Virgin UC experience will rise again once the new aircraft are flying in 18 months or so. Their cabins are now looking tired. Two people were bumped out of the cabin in April as the seats were broken and covered up.

Old 24 May 18, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
bandofox
Helping Mickey

Hi Mr Morrow,
how much was your pe ticket?
If you don't mind me asking?
bandofox is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 18, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by bandofox View Post
Hi Mr Morrow,
how much was your pe ticket?
If you don't mind me asking?
It was a Miles ticket. PE out and UC back £459 each.

Old 24 May 18, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
bandofox
Helping Mickey

I'm being quoted £787 for pe in February but have 19500 miles, EC is only £439. Thinking of ringing the fc to see what I can do.

Thanks for the information
bandofox is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 18, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
imgointodisney
Helping Mickey

This is really interesting!

Flying next Wednesday PE bought with miles and the only option I have to upgrade to UC is to bid a minimum of £450 each way, for me that is far too expensive and it is not guaranteed.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated...am I best to call or just wait until I get to the airport?

Cheers guys
Sheraton Vistana Resort 2002, Legacy Park Villas 2008, Aylesbury Park Villas 2008, Park Central Hotel NY 2009, Highlands Reserve Villas 2012, Vacation Village at Parkway 2013, Edison Hotel NY 2014, Southern Dunes Villas 2015, Wyndham Canterbury SF 2016, Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago 2016, New Yorker Hotel 2016, Hilton Dupont Circle DC 2016, Westridge Villas 2016, Shelburne NYC 2017, The Hamlet Villas 2017.
imgointodisney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List