Notices
Guest Services Site Questions, a tech query or just want to test something.

Old 26 May 18, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Topazcheal
Trying for More Ears

Photo pass downloading (memory maker)

Sorry not really sure what section this would fit into!

We had the memory maker with our holiday as have some lovely photos which I can view and post using my iPhone but would like to have them somewhere safe as they will soon expire! I’ve downloaded them onto a memory stick and they have all stored as zip files which when I’ve tried to print them up Tesco it states the stick is empty! It’s not I’ve tried in in another laptop, but again when trying to use a photo on the website to turn into a canvas etc it down upload.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated as I’m totally non tech and feeling quite frustrated that I cannot access my photos although know they are on the little stick 😭
Topazcheal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 18, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
toonmadlad
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Topazcheal View Post

We had the memory maker with our holiday as have some lovely photos which I can view and post using my iPhone but would like to have them somewhere safe as they will soon expire! I’ve downloaded them onto a memory stick and they have all stored as zip files which when I’ve tried to print them up Tesco it states the stick is empty! It’s not I’ve tried in in another laptop, but again when trying to use a photo on the website to turn into a canvas etc it down upload.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated as I’m totally non tech and feeling quite frustrated that I cannot access my photos although know they are on the little stick 😭
I think you will need to unzip the folder you've downloaded from Disney onto a computer to see all the pictures properly as JPEG's, then you can save all the un-zipped pictures back on the memory stick (providing there's enough space).. the Tesco machines will then be able to see them and print.

You can download a free copy of WINZIP of the internet, its software that will open the Disney folder... just google WINZIP.

Hope it helps

Edited at 02:30 PM.
toonmadlad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 18, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
goldendelicious
Proud to wear my Ears

You may have to extract the photos from the zip file first,i'm sure the option is at the top when looking at your memory stick on a computer.
Hope this helps We're not the most technical people but are sure that's what we did :-)
goldendelicious is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 18, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
jnc2345
Getting Excited

Download them all at once on a computer, then open the zip file which contains all the images. Extract the zip file to have all the images save into one folder, then move those images to the memory stick. I would also recommend uploading them to Google Drive, which is easy and keeps your pictures safe.
jnc2345 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 18, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. I resize mine and add borders etc. Then download them. At that stage I see them all as downloads on the PC and put them in a dated folder on 'my photos' on the PC.
They all appear individually and I can put them on a memory stick and take them to Tesco to print.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 18, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Topazcheal View Post

Do you still have them stored on your I phone if you do can you take that to Tesco and upload from there and print off just a idea .
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 18, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

Once they are downloaded to your computer they won’t expire from there so don’t worry! Once you’ve saved the zip files, open them up and move the photos inside onto your memory stick and that way you will be able to get them printed off. You could also use Snapfish online? I printed all mine from there, you get 50 free prints a month if you’re using the app and they just post them out to you!
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 18, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Topazcheal
Trying for More Ears

I saved them all to a hiddin Facebook album to get one printed up Tesco but I've just collected it and it's quite poor quality which has confused me as I saved it as the biggest file I could :-(

I didn't select to zip the files when I downloaded onto the stick so I may just try again and store to laptop then onto stick.

Thought it would be straightforward, might just be me
Topazcheal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List