Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 25 Jun 19, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I don’t use it but Our asda buddies had to start doing it more because too much is being nicked by people not scanning stuff! It’s a daft idea as it’s all based on trust which obviously is in short supply these days.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 07:22 AM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

I've never used it and never will. When I use the self service tills they always go wrong. Me and technology just don't get on. 😂
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 07:06 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

I used the scan and shop over the weekend I got selected for a random check but they didn't "old style" rather than the whole lot.
Old 8 Jul 19, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
swiper
VIP Dibber

Decided to give it ago ... after 5 shops we have had to re scan all shopping every time!
We complained and said this isn’t time effective for us!
Will just be shopping the normal way as it saves so much time👍
swiper is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Lell
Imagineer

Lell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I like the scanning system and am probably only spot checked about 1 in 10 times but don't like the idea of them doing a full rescan instead of limited number. Fine if you only have a few items but a nightmare if you have a full shop.
DLP (Disney Explorers) Sep 2004, DLP (Sequoia Lodge) Sep 2007, Disney CSR/Universal RPR Oct 2010, Disney AKL Oct 2012, Doubletree by Hilton at Seaworld Oct 2014, West Coast Road Trip 2017, Florida Road Trip 2018, West Coast Road Trip 2019, East Coast/Canada Road trip 2022, National Parks Road Trip 2023
Lell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lell View Post
I like the scanning system and am probably only spot checked about 1 in 10 times but don't like the idea of them doing a full rescan instead of limited number. Fine if you only have a few items but a nightmare if you have a full shop.
I like the scanning system because it allows me to keep an eye on how much money I am spending on booze as I go around
Old 8 Jul 19, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by DisneyCupcake View Post
For anyone who uses the Scan and Go system in Tesco and is selected for a random service check there has been a change to how it is done and it isn't positive. The entire shop must be rescanned with no exceptions - so they have done away with the limited rescan.

I found out to my cost today with a completely full trolley - by the time they had finished it must have added an extra 30 minutes to my shop which meant frozen items (ice creams) had started to defrost . The staff member doing the re-scan wasn't happy and quite rude when I said that I wouldn't be using the system again. She just muttered "that's what you signed up for" - she was even more unhappy when I demanded that they exchanged the melting ice creams for fresh ones out of the freezer.

So don't forget to build in extra time especially if you are shopping with young children if you have to use Scan and Go or even better use the normal till and make Tesco work for their money.
Good for you for asking to have the defrosting items replaced, a few more people doing this and they may be forced to rethink this asinine change to the system.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
claireyfairy8
Apprentice Imagineer

claireyfairy8's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
I find the scan and go such a faff! Never seems to work, I always get extra checks.
My mum always uses it though.

Much prefer online shopping.
claireyfairy8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I was checked yesterday, but only 6 of the 20 plus items.
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List