Notices

Old 20 Jul 19, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Oo single digits now, how exciting! Grabbed some dollars on the revolut card yesterday whilst it was at $1.25, will see how it fares over the next week or so 😄🤞 love your round the world meals, can't believe your Dad with the wasabi..🤣🤣
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’m loving all the eating round the world photos, I feel very hungry now...what could I have to eat? The holiday journal looks great, it’s a nice idea as keepsake of the trip. Do your parents know they will have their own trip report to read to remind them of their holiday? I can’t believe we are so close to being on holiday!
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

My heart is melting at the picture of your mum in her ears. My mum has those Pyrex casserole dishes too! Nik loves meatballs and mash, that’s his preferred way to serve them. Your schnitzel looks like it turned out really well and I am drooling over the Black Forrest Gateau. I just know when I see your Biergarten pictures I am going to want to go! Italy looks like another winner, especially the starter. The barbecue looks so good, we never have them as it seems too much fuss for just the two of us! I can’t believe the quiche and coleslaw were home made, so impressed. Your Mickey meringue is inspired, and looks so delicious, I love pavlova. I did wonder how you were going to marry together Japan and Canada but you did well, no maple syrup for the pancakes though!?

It would be really great if your mum does manage to use her journal and have some thoughts she’d be willing to share with us, of course, other than ‘Abby is an absolute slave driver. I thought this was supposed to be holiday’

I cannot believe how much young you looks like Kate! When I first scrolled down I just thought it was a poorly focused picture of her!

It's going to be a loooooooong week Abby!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Kate is definitely your mini me! Love the old Disney photos.

Your Mickey meringue looked fab, came out so well. Really enjoyed your eating round the world meals.

So close now!
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
Oo single digits now, how exciting! Grabbed some dollars on the revolut card yesterday whilst it was at $1.25, will see how it fares over the next week or so 😄🤞 love your round the world meals, can't believe your Dad with the wasabi..🤣🤣
Dad and the wasabi was funny. I have a Halifax clarity card and the exchange rate on that is usually pretty good so I tend to just put the credit card on my magic band account and only take a few hundred dollars for tips. This rate is so poor, on our first trip we got $1.75 to the pound that seems a million years ago now.

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
I’m loving all the eating round the world photos, I feel very hungry now...what could I have to eat? The holiday journal looks great, it’s a nice idea as keepsake of the trip. Do your parents know they will have their own trip report to read to remind them of their holiday? I can’t believe we are so close to being on holiday!
The meals have been so fun. I managed to not serve myself any chips on Friday so I felt very virtuous! I will fit into my shorts!

Before I started the pre trip I did tell Mum and Dad about the Dibb and I asked if they minded their photos being posted online, it would have been a bit tricky to get photos if they'd said no so I'm glad they agreed. I'll send them the daily trip reports when I write them. Dave and the kids are never that fussed to read them and I don't think they've ever read a whole day. Dave did start to read the first trip report I did for NYC and Orlando, I'm not sure if he made it to the end. It's a good job I've got you guys who look forward to reading about it all as the people actually on holiday with me don't want to read about it.

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
My heart is melting at the picture of your mum in her ears. My mum has those Pyrex casserole dishes too! Nik loves meatballs and mash, that’s his preferred way to serve them. Your schnitzel looks like it turned out really well and I am drooling over the Black Forrest Gateau. I just know when I see your Biergarten pictures I am going to want to go! Italy looks like another winner, especially the starter. The barbecue looks so good, we never have them as it seems too much fuss for just the two of us! I can’t believe the quiche and coleslaw were home made, so impressed. Your Mickey meringue is inspired, and looks so delicious, I love pavlova. I did wonder how you were going to marry together Japan and Canada but you did well, no maple syrup for the pancakes though!?

It would be really great if your mum does manage to use her journal and have some thoughts she’d be willing to share with us, of course, other than ‘Abby is an absolute slave driver. I thought this was supposed to be holiday’

I cannot believe how much young you looks like Kate! When I first scrolled down I just thought it was a poorly focused picture of her!

It's going to be a loooooooong week Abby!
I'm a meatballs and mash convert. It was a tasty meal. The BBQ was a real joint effort. I've got 3 younger brothers and they all brought things, so it wasn't all me! Dad made the salmon parcels and the vegetable kebabs. The quiche was actually made by a friend of my mums and mum brought it round for us all to share, it was a delicious quiche, I was a bit sad when they took the leftovers home .

Funnily enough Dad did ask Mum where the maple syrup was for the pancakes...I'm sure she was thinking 'if you wanted maple syrup you could have gone shopping for it ' he had to make do with chocolate sauce and strawberry sauce.

Maybe Mum will let me share some of her thoughts a bit like April used to do with Poot and more recently Disney Dafodill did with her daughter.

Dave thought those photos of me as a teenager looked like Kate too. Fortunately Kate doesn't mind that we look alike.

I think you're right it is going to feel like a long week. This time next week I'll be starting the packing as you know I don't like to do it too early and it's usually the day before.

Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
Kate is definitely your mini me! Love the old Disney photos.

Your Mickey meringue looked fab, came out so well. Really enjoyed your eating round the world meals.

So close now!
I was really pleased the Mickey meringue came out so well. I wish I could remember which dibber it was who posted a picture of their creation so I could thank them as it wasn't an original idea of mine.

Almost there

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

I am hopelessly behind . Am now In complete awe at your round the world feasts and the thoughtful travel journal. Sigh. Just doesn’t happen here with all these non Disney menfolk.

Totally excited for your trip x
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Just caught up with your plans. 7 days to go! Whoop whoop.

I also think Kate is so like you, it's funny cos I've just been away with my family and I watched my 14 year old Dd walking around the pool and it was like looking at myself! Lol... Weird but cute.

Have a great time your holiday sounds fantastic. 😀

Ps: the Mickey pavlova looks yummy! 😋

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023

Edited at 02:13 PM.
Kat11 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Looking again I can see Max in the teacup photo!

I totally agree about the rotten dollar rate. When we first went to the US I used to think of everything as 'half-price' now I just think $ = £. How the mighty have fallen.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Oh I've been so looking forward to this "eating around the world" post, and it didn't disappoint

There's a couple of blasts from the past in there for me - Black Forest gateau, yum, and the cream jug for your Italy dessert. My mum has the exact same jug, it was brought out every Sunday of my childhood which was the only day we had pudding

I agree with other posters, Kate is your double - it's nice that she doesn't mind. What an exciting trip you took at 16 years old, great memories I'm sure.

The meatball dish looks fab, I think it would have been my favourite, with the spag bol a close second. Wow, the amount of food at the BBQ! It all looks delicious, and it's lovely that you could involve your wider family as well.

Such a nice idea to make a journal for your mum. I do hope she is willing to share some of her thoughts with us. It's so cute that she is wearing her ears at the table

Not long to go now, I'm so glad your shorts fit

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
I am hopelessly behind . Am now In complete awe at your round the world feasts and the thoughtful travel journal. Sigh. Just doesn’t happen here with all these non Disney menfolk.

Totally excited for your trip x
We enjoyed the meals and it was fun to talk about the trip, Dave knows more about this trip than he has ever known about previous trips.

I'm really glad the weather is going to heat up this week. Im hoping to top up my tan a little bit, well at least start the tan off!

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Just caught up with your plans. 7 days to go! Whoop whoop.

I also think Kate is so like you, it's funny cos I've just been away with my family and I watched my 14 year old Dd walking around the pool and it was like looking at myself! Lol... Weird but cute.

Have a great time your holiday sounds fantastic. 😀

Ps: the Mickey pavlova looks yummy! 😋

Kat
At the moment Kate seems to be like a gazelle or something, all legs! I expect she will end up taller than me.

The countdown is really cracking on now. I'm so excited that it's nearly here. I keep looking at the weather over there and scrolling the day's forward to see what it will be like when we're there, no surprises that it's going to be hot and humid!

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Looking again I can see Max in the teacup photo!

I totally agree about the rotten dollar rate. When we first went to the US I used to think of everything as 'half-price' now I just think $ = £. How the mighty have fallen.
Yes I think you're right. I don't think Max looks like me at all now, but the photo of a sulky looking teenager does remind me of Max.

I should go and check what dollars we've got left over from last year as that might be a pleasant surprise. Probably it will only be a handful of bucks though and not the hundreds I'd like to discover unspent from last year.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List