Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 9 Aug 19, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Oh Abby Max’s face is priceless. Looking forward to finding out what’s behind it !
Shame the cocktails were only average round the pool. Love the range of snacks you are all trying out and your Dad is awesome !
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh no, I’ve only just seen this as we were away when you started it, now I have 42 pages to read through.

I will catch up though, looking forward to seeing your delicious cocktails again. Hope you had a great trip 😀
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Just got up to your first evening in POFQ, I do hope you love the resort as much as we did. I hope your parents enjoy the trip too.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Very shocked Kate didn’t take pictures of lunch!

I am glad your dad is getting into the snack credit spirit. The Mickey Beignets are so cute. We have only had the ‘normal’ ones.

I am glad your parents are going all with the snack credit breakfast, my mum would be horrified at the thought of a doughnut for breakfast haha.
She did get Mum to take photos, but I haven't got them.

They are so stuffed most of the time that I think they are grateful when I tell the it's a sharing snack breakfast.

Originally Posted by Disney Planning View Post
Oooh beignets for lunch, we liked to get some late when we got back in from the parks. Either way they're delicious.
We've had some of Dads and they are tasty

Originally Posted by Wismgari View Post
Oh, great face Max - I can't wait to see what caused it!

Some good looking snacks again - love that your dad had half a doughnut for breakfast and beignets for lunch! My sort of day right there!
He was very shocked Dad is definitely in holiday mode with the sweet stuff.

Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
My DH got picked as a knight last time, was so funny! 😄
Same here, DH has been a knight, Max was picked as the Beast on our first trip and Kate was the wardrobe once. I'm the only 1 out of the 4 of us to never be picked. I kind of knew he'd be picked.

Originally Posted by scouse_minx View Post
Brilliant use of snack credits, the Jamaican coffee sounds lovely and I always over look Joffreys in favour of Starbucks but I’ll have to try that.

The Mai Tai looks lush! Always wondered about the Frose - I’ll keep that off the list

Lovely to see your Dad enjoying the DDP
Joffreys have way shorter lines than Starbucks so they tend to win out with us. The Mai Tai was tasty. I just couldn't taste the alcohol in the Frose and if I'm having a cocktail I like to know about it

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Did your Dad eat all 3 beignets himself, if so hats off to him, I couldn't manage more than 1 in any sitting!

Ohhh I am sad that I forgot to have Gumbo at POFQ...

In terms of the rice at Yak and Yeti - size is everything! Those new sized boxes are ridicously mean and I'm with your Dad that they are a rubbish value snack credit.
He sure did eat all 3! In spite of how teeny tiny the pot of rice was he still didn't finish it and gave some to Kate. We had stuffed ourselves at DC though.

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I said to DH last night after reading that I couldn’t believe how many times I have seen food reports with doughnuts for breakfast! I find it very peculiar, but then I don’t often eat sweet things anyway.

OP I was surprised at the gumbo, it looks like a good use of a snack credit, but it looks like soup, I always thought gumbo had a lot of “stuff” in it, like a more liquid version of jambalaya.
We love the sweet pastries and donuts for breakfasts, not at home of course, only over here

The gumbo does have bits of meat and veg in, but it was more soup like than I imagined it would be, still tasty though.

Originally Posted by Disney Planning View Post
Just on the good value snacks, I think the funnel cake with strawberries on is one of the best and easy to share.
Keep your eyes open for that as it's coming

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Oh Abby Max’s face is priceless. Looking forward to finding out what’s behind it !
Shame the cocktails were only average round the pool. Love the range of snacks you are all trying out and your Dad is awesome !
He was very surprised we've had better cocktails since and you've got to try out all the cocktails to know which are good.

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Oh no, I’ve only just seen this as we were away when you started it, now I have 42 pages to read through.

I will catch up though, looking forward to seeing your delicious cocktails again. Hope you had a great trip 😀
I hope you had a good time in Vietnam, I'll look forward to reading about it when we get home. I'm barely keeping up-to-date with this report, I haven't had a chance to look up other stuff on the dibb. I'll have a big catch up when I get home.

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Just got up to your first evening in POFQ, I do hope you love the resort as much as we did. I hope your parents enjoy the trip too.
We've really enjoyed the resort, the buses have been trying at times, but less so the last few days. That's the only niggle we really have. The resort is beautiful.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Cinderella's Royal Table dinner

This is a meal that the 4 of us have done once before and enjoyed but never felt the need to return to. It's a 2 credit meal and there are so many great restaurants to try out that I haven't wanted to use 2 credits here. In the planning of this trip Mum had 3 requests, to swim with dolphins (check), to see the Harry Potter stuff (coming at the end of the trip) and to eat inside the castle. So, this was our first 2 credit meal.

We checked in say 7pm and didn't have long to wait until we were called through to meet Cinderella and then settled in our table by the windows on the right side of the lower floor. It was a really good table and I was happy we had a view overlooking the carousel.

Some photos of the menu and table

We were each given a wishing star and a wand or sword.

We ordered our drinks, the kids both had cokes. Mum, Dave and myself went with red wine. That's my yellow Mickey balloon behind Kate.

Dad had a sparkling white wine.

In this meal you are allowed a starter, main and a dessert. We did not do well with ordering different things here I'm afraid and researching for the dibb went a bit out the window. For starters the kids both had the charcuterie which they liked, although Max was a bit short changed on the breadsticks as his were much smaller than Kate's

Maybe they were down to their last breadstick so broke one in half for Max

All the adults went for the scallop, singular there was only one!

It was a lovely scallop, but just one felt a bit stingey. Compared to the fab starters at Tony's this was a bit poor. Dad couldn't help but compare to his mountain of calamare at Tony's. Still, we all enjoyed it and rather than begin stuffed we actually were looking forward to our mains.

Kate chose the fish for her main, it was salmon and she really enjoyed it.

All the rest of us chose the steak. This was so tasty and we were all really pleased with our choices.

Max inhaled his within moments of it arriving, so Mum shared some of hers with him, Dad was feeling a bit put out as he normally gets lucky with her left overs but Max has hollow legs at the moment. Even our server commented that she had never seen anyone eat a steak that quickly.

Mum and Dad were starting to worry that Kate hadn't met the Princesses and had been missed out. I tried to reassure them they are very good at their job and would make sure they came to our table. Sure enough they all started to arrive.

First up Aurora

Then came Max's Magical Moment. Our server Ashely brought him a second steak he was so surprised

She explained that he clearly wasn't full after his first dinner and she couldn't have him leaving not feeling satisfied so this one was on her. He was so happy. Of course he had no trouble eating it all up.

We were all pretty surprised at this I don't think I've seen anyone getting a second dinner before? Obviously food is replaced if it's not up to scratch, but a second meal from loving the meal so much?

Ariel and Snow White came round and Kate had fun meeting them.

Dave and me both had a second glass of wine, later with the bill Ashley only charged for one extra glass though so that was sweet too.

For desserts Dave, Max and me all had the deconstructed cheesecake.

This was yummy, but I think we would all prefer a fully formed cheesecake, gourmet diners we are not!

Mum and Kate had the peanut butter cake, which I was surprised about as neither of them particularly like peanut butter. But they both enjoyed it.

Dad had the sorbet.

Finally we saw Jasmine.

It had been a really special meal and I'm pleased we did it. As we said with the Tony's meal the server can make all the difference. The food here was delicious, Ashley made the experience magical as clearly a 14 year old boy isn't there for the Princesses. She made it for him

We left CRT at just after 8.45pm. The area between the castle and the carousel was all roped off and the cast members had to let us out. I wanted to see HEA as we didn't watch it after Crystal Palace as it was raining that night. So I took everyone off to the left, past the Haunted Mansion and then down past Sleepy Hollow. We kept walking through the people camped out in the hub as far as the bridge that goes to Adventureland. Where we stopped with 5 minutes to spare before HEA started. It was the perfect view as we were up on the edge of the pavement behind a couple of buggies so we all had a really good view.

It was a lovely evening and some really magical moments. I was so pleased with the view for HEA.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Your meal sounds lovely.! We have never eaten there.

1 scallop though😂😂😂

How amazing for Max to get a whole extra dinner, that would have been the absolute highlight of our trip for ds if that had been him.

Glad you are getting through your mums wishes. We were like that with my Mil at Christmas, it’s so nice to watch them reacting to the things they really wanted to see and do and all the other things they hadn’t even thought of.

Definitely making some magical memories. ❤️
Old 9 Aug 19, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Oh wow that is amazing! I love that he got a second steak- that is the most unusual (but awesome) bit of pixie dust I have ever heard them do at Disney

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

Oh wow, a whole extra steak! No wonder Max looked so excited! It looks like a lovely meal (One scallop though?! lol). We went to CRT last year for the first time and also got a lovely window table (although the carousel was under construction, but still beautiful!).
Wismgari is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

I love Max’s face and how amazing to get a second steak! The food looks lovely but I wouldn’t have been impressed with a singular scallop, and I did laugh at the concept of a deconstructed cheesecake!
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Crt looks lovely and what a nice server.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List