Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Aug 19, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobbins
Imagineer

Bobbins's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Ld1978 View Post
Hi all,

We are due to travel Sept next year (although still debating changing to May but unsure) and travelling with 2 adults 2 kids (3 and 6).

Been looking at Virgin flights for ideas and what would people recommend in terms of class? I was looking at the economy delight with the extra legroom - is it worth the extra?
Having just done it I would say yes - however it's a bit of a pain for a group of 4 as only the window rows of 3 are Economy Delight. What I'd love to do is chance it and book window and aisle in two rows - hoping to get two empty middle seats - having that free space makes a massive difference. However if the flight is full Virgin will put someone in those seats.
Bobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 19, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bobbins View Post
Having just done it I would say yes - however it's a bit of a pain for a group of 4 as only the window rows of 3 are Economy Delight. What I'd love to do is chance it and book window and aisle in two rows - hoping to get two empty middle seats - having that free space makes a massive difference. However if the flight is full Virgin will put someone in those seats.
Virgin will offer it to other passengers at the upgrade price - they are unlikely just to put someone in it. I woud be asking what seat was available before agreeing to upgrading.

It has been known that cabin crew will ask cheeky passengers to move if they put themselves in those empty seats during the flight as they cannot upgrade passengers themselves.

I have a row to myself next month currently.
Old 13 Aug 19, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobbins
Imagineer

Bobbins's Reviews
Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
Virgin will offer it to other passengers at the upgrade price - they are unlikely just to put someone in it. I woud be asking what seat was available before agreeing to upgrading.

It has been known that cabin crew will ask cheeky passengers to move if they put themselves in those empty seats during the flight as they cannot upgrade passengers themselves.

I have a row to myself next month currently.
There was a post a day or two ago where a family of 4 have had their seats moved and have been put in Economy Delight. If the flight is full obviously Virgin will put people in any available seat.

ETA: I just remembered that one thing I thought was a bit 'off' was the meal service started at either end of Economy so we, in the Economy delight seats, were about the last to be served. Of course by then they'd run out of the most popular choice of meal. Not that it matters much, they all pretty well taste the same anyway!

Edited at 06:35 PM.
Bobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 19, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

There was a post a day or two ago where a family of 4 have had their seats moved and have been put in Economy Delight. If the flight is full obviously Virgin will put people in any available seat.

ETA: I just remembered that one thing I thought was a bit 'off' was the meal service started at either end of Economy so we, in the Economy delight seats, were about the last to be served. Of course by then they'd run out of the most popular choice of meal. Not that it matters much, they all pretty well taste the same anyway!
Didn't 3 of them get ELR and 1 in delight?
Old 13 Aug 19, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Booking window and aisle seats in rows of three is selfish and increases the chances of families not being able to sit together. Some airlines now (I believe TUI or TC can’t remember which) insist on all parties seats being booked together.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 19, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobbins
Imagineer

Bobbins's Reviews
Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
Booking window and aisle seats in rows of three is selfish and increases the chances of families not being able to sit together. Some airlines now (I believe TUI or TC can’t remember which) insist on all parties seats being booked together.
It was tonque-in-cheek - I have a feeling you're right and it won't let you select seats apart on the same reservation.

When I've flown for work with colleagues it's common for check-in staff tp block out the middle seat though - although I guess by then they know how loaded the plane is going to be.
Old 14 Aug 19, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
Imagineer

We have Disney booked for Sept (9th) so yes out of school holidays (eldest will be starting year 2) but only debating May for potentially the weather and one less week out of school (will be year 1).

So approx 400 per person would be a fairly good deal. At least I know something to aim for I will check out other airlines too. I was wondering if Xmas sales may offer better prices for Sept time? We would be flying from London.

Does anyone know much about the Virgin Classes and if economy delight is worth it?
I love economy delight, but i'm 6ft tall and a tad chubby, not sure it's worth it for the little ones, but if it's a price you like and you need the legroom, go for it.
BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Ld1978
Being a bit Goofy

Thanks everyone. The extra legroom is really more for hubby as he is over 6ft and also has a bad knee post footy so sitting scrunched wont help him. Obviously makes no difference at all to the kids

Where are these bubble seats?
Old 14 Aug 19, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Thanks everyone. The extra legroom is really more for hubby as he is over 6ft and also has a bad knee post footy so sitting scrunched wont help him. Obviously makes no difference at all to the kids

Where are these bubble seats?
the bubble seats are upstairs on the 747. Very popular and you have to pay to book them but they are economy ( there are PE seats up there too)