Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 16 Aug 19, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
That's what I thought too actually I managed a couple of hours sleep on the plane. The kids also napped in the car on the way home and then we went straight to bed when we got in just after noon, but we set the alarm so that we only had an hour and a half. I have to say no one wanted to get up when the alarm went off. But Dave and me shot around the house doing all the unpacking and now I don't feel too bad. Hopefully we can all drop off at a sensible time tonight and then be back to normal tomorrow.

Next summer I've booked up CBR, at the moment it's just a one person booking with QSDP. I do plan on adding Dave, Max and Kate once I've sorted the flights so if I have to change dates then hopefully I won't get an amendment fee as I will be adding 3 people to the booking and upgrading to DDP.

The universal APs were a bargain at $0 each! Had to be done really didn't it by next summer the lines for Hagrid should be a bit shorter.
I have the same for next August! What dates are you thinking of going Abby? Would be lovely to cross over.

Yay for the AP's such a bargain isn't it, hope you didn't have as much mess around as I did to get them

Narcoossee's looks amazing. I'm not a lover of Lobster but it looks so nice.

Glad to see you kept the cocktail game strong not sure I would have been too keen on the key lime pie one either.

Poor Max with his dessert but how lovely for Kate to share ... Caitlin certainly wouldn't share unless she didn't like it

What a perfect end to the day watching HEA on the boat another lovely day xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Your trip seemed to go so fast this year, I’m looking forward to reading the rest of the report.

Pleased to hear you have booked next year’s trip already, you give me lots of ideas of places to try for our next trip (hopefully in 2021) Is it easy to add the others on if you just book for one person? I am expecting to book our trip when dining is released next April but if dates need changing it’s handy to not need to pay 3 lots of adjustments. Would it affect free dining, or upgraded dining plan etc?

Edited at 09:16 PM.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Can’t believe you are home already.
That went so fast.
Looking forward to hearing more about your adventures.
Old 16 Aug 19, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Wow $0 for APs. That's great. We paid $70 each last year which I was relatively happy with!

I'm enjoying all the cocktails and living vicariously through your trip as it's been so rainy here

Crazy that you're home already though. Always goes so quickly
debojahh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Thanks for answering about the funnel cake. Narcoosees looks lovely.
dixonsontour is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I can’t believe you are back home! It’s made me so happy thinking of you over there and Nik’s been asking how you’ve been getting on. I feel so deflated that it’s all over for you!

I nearly fell out of bed reading how much your bar bill came to at Narcoosee’s, it really adds up when you have a big party huh?! I am so glad you got a great table at Narcoossee’s, it really helps.

Max, I am sorry, that cheesecake is heaven on a plate, I am quite frankly, affronted that you don't like it. Kate’s s’mores look very fun though. I really love her playsuit too.

So lovely to have gotten the boat to MK. We are going to MK for the evening the night we are staying at the GF and I think it will be so magical to get the boat ‘home’ at the end of the night.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 02:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Narcoosees looks really good, and Kate’s S’more dessert looks a great choice!

Great deal on the $0 AP for Universal! How did you manage that?!

Glad you are safely home, hope you are back to normal body clocks soon
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Welcome home. It really does look a fabulous trip. And another one sorted. Hardly any time for Disney blues before the planning starts again !

Glad to see the margs holding their own on the cocktail front . The key lime pie one definitely looks a bit sickly. Mind you so do the funnel cakes. I’m never sure about those.

Wow to the amazing meal at Narcs ( not attempting the spelling, too early). It all looked lovely. Eye watering prices but hurrah for DDP. And you bagged a lovely view.

But most importantly I need to know more about the magic star cocktail . Details please 👍
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I can’t believe you’re home, it seems to have gone so fast!

Narcoossee looked fab, and I don’t blame you all choosing the surf and turf

Grand Martini looks like a must try and I wonder if they’d allow a solo adult to try Kate’s dessert?!
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Wow, I can't believe you are home already. I hope you managed to get a good nights sleep without too much of the pesky jet lag getting in the way.

I'm not a big seafood fan but Max's steak at Narcoossees looked delicious and I think the deconstructed cheesecake sounds quite nice. I can see why he would have preferred Kate's though.

I'll be following the rest of your trip with interest especially how you managed to get through all those remaining credits! We must be quite greedy as we never end up with that many left.

How did you manage to upgrade to Universal APs for free - that's a real bargain. I'm wondering if it might be an option for us as we're definitely going next year and are in the early stages of planning a trip for 2020 too.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List