Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 20 Aug 19, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Yay, you reached zero on everything! That is an impressive feat. Nice of the kids to help you with all those snacks

I love Mexican so I was thinking about trying Antojitos - the margaritas look great even if the seating and food isn’t the best! Sounds like you all still enjoyed it anyway.

Cocktails and laundry...I might actually do some housework if that’s how it goes

P.S. FPs went very well today, found the process really easy although my comprehensive lists helped of course! Got all we wanted so can now just look forward to it x
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I though that was weird at the time, but I suspect the selection we got just added up to 5 snacks, probably we could have got another bar or two for the 2 QS. It's hard to total it up before you get to the counter as there are usually offers like buy 2 get 1 free for the bars of chocolate.

I'm glad you knew as I couldn't remember the exact price.

I'm sure you'll have a couple of spare credits for a bar or two

Haha! I’m sure I’ll have a couple of credits left, however I am a Starbucks addict and I’ve no one to steal, ahem, borrow credits from

Plus.. I’m not sure 2 or 3 snack credits would be enough to feed my peppermint bark addiction and I’ve now got a REALLY extensive snack list thanks to your report 🤤
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
Yay, you reached zero on everything! That is an impressive feat. Nice of the kids to help you with all those snacks

I love Mexican so I was thinking about trying Antojitos - the margaritas look great even if the seating and food isn’t the best! Sounds like you all still enjoyed it anyway.

Cocktails and laundry...I might actually do some housework if that’s how it goes

P.S. FPs went very well today, found the process really easy although my comprehensive lists helped of course! Got all we wanted so can now just look forward to it x
I'm so glad your FP booking went smoothly. Nothing to do until packing, apart from dream about it all.

I suspect Antojito's would have had a more favourable review if we had had a better table but nevermind. I didn't want to go to Margaritaville and have the giant nachos as we've been before and it felt like we'd done nachos a bit already, but I think this would have been a better choice.

Originally Posted by Kissedafrog View Post
Loved this trippie 💕
Binge read it today, thank you so much for taking the time to post such an informative account 😁
Thanks, I'm glad you've had fun reading it

Originally Posted by scouse_minx View Post
Haha! I’m sure I’ll have a couple of credits left, however I am a Starbucks addict and I’ve no one to steal, ahem, borrow credits from

Plus.. I’m not sure 2 or 3 snack credits would be enough to feed my peppermint bark addiction and I’ve now got a REALLY extensive snack list thanks to your report 🤤
glad to be of service, or not as it were!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I think this needs a bit more thought, good job we've got 51 weeks left to sort out the finer details. Somehow it sounds nicer to say 51 weeks than 340-ish days.
I like the idea of the countdown in weeks...I’m sure we’ll come up with some kind of plan!
Oh I could just drink a frozen butter beer or a fire whisky-good job I have a slither of Butterbeer fudge left to help with the craving.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

The fire whisky sounds gorgeous and I love the sound of the peach tree fizzing tea - it sounds very refreshing

Antojitos hasn’t really appealed but the cocktails and food looks great. It’s a shame you were seated in a bad section though I don’t blame you for not asking to be moved as sometimes it just feels like too much hassle when all you want to do is sit and enjoy your meal.

Max and Kate are definitely champion snackers - I am a little in awe of them really

Edited at 06:31 PM.
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
fletchie148
Imagineer

Loved finding your report today
Loving following along
Polite pig for us next time, we like chuys or Chevys for Mexican but good to see other options too
2000 - Disney All Star Movies 2000 - 2007 - Quality Inn International. 2005 - Quality Inn Suites 2008 - The Fountains 2009 - Orange Lake 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015 and 2016. Vista Cay 2017. The Grove Resort & Spa 2018
Majorca - Tonga Towers 2019. Orange Lake 2020 - never happened. Orange Lake 2022. Orange Lake 2023. Voco Dubai 2024
fletchie148 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

I love how even after that breakfast the kids were still hungry but well done on using all the credits!

Such a shame it rained so you couldn't get to the pool but I'm sure the cocktails more than made up for it

At least you tried Antojitos and even better that dad paid for it. I really hope the weather picks up for you, this is what's putting Chris off going next August time he doesn't want to go for 3 weeks and have most days with rain xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

I laughed at Max and Kate dipping into the snacks at Universal, they must have been so hungry 😂 We loved the frozen butter beer when we tried it too, although it’s very sweet. The butter beer in the UK Harry Potter tour wasn’t nice at all so we were really surprised at how nice the frozen one was.

The cider with a whiskey in it sounds delicious and very strong. I have never heard of that served anywhere before but I would certainly give it a try 😉. Your Mexican meal looked good, although that’s the one type of cuisine we don’t eat as it doesn’t agree with us at all 😀

Your parents seem to have really enjoyed the holiday too, it’s been lovely to see how you have all got along. I look forward to reading your full trip report soon 😀
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Aww just catching up.

Chefs de France, French Martini and Illuminations, exactly like our last night. Sounds like you had a lovely evening.

It won't be the same without Illuminations...
Old 21 Aug 19, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
I like the idea of the countdown in weeks...I’m sure we’ll come up with some kind of plan!
Oh I could just drink a frozen butter beer or a fire whisky-good job I have a slither of Butterbeer fudge left to help with the craving.
I managed to eat a whole bag of the Chip and Dale dried fruit and nuts yesterday. I'm almost wishing the kids would hurry up and eat the leftover snacks quickly as I'm kind of looking forward to when they are gone. I know I'll regret it though when there is nothing left.

Originally Posted by scouse_minx View Post
The fire whisky sounds gorgeous and I love the sound of the peach tree fizzing tea - it sounds very refreshing

Antojitos hasn’t really appealed but the cocktails and food looks great. It’s a shame you were seated in a bad section though I don’t blame you for not asking to be moved as sometimes it just feels like too much hassle when all you want to do is sit and enjoy your meal.

Max and Kate are definitely champion snackers - I am a little in awe of them really
Fire whisky was a revelation I loved it.

Because it was already gone 8pm and we had only really had snacks to eat since breakfast I thought the others would bite my head off if they didn't get food and pronto so I just settled for the rubbish table. I would have enjoyed it more if we had been in a nicer location.

Originally Posted by fletchie148 View Post
Loved finding your report today
Loving following along
Polite pig for us next time, we like chuys or Chevys for Mexican but good to see other options too
Definitely give Polite Pig a go, it was one the standout QS of the trip for me. Thanks for the tips about where to get good Mexican.

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
I love how even after that breakfast the kids were still hungry but well done on using all the credits!

Such a shame it rained so you couldn't get to the pool but I'm sure the cocktails more than made up for it

At least you tried Antojitos and even better that dad paid for it. I really hope the weather picks up for you, this is what's putting Chris off going next August time he doesn't want to go for 3 weeks and have most days with rain xx
I think that because the kids knew there were loads of crisps, candy and cookies in my bag they couldn't resist, they can't have actually been hungry.

I feel like the weather this summer has been the worst we've had, maybe I'm exaggerating. We've only ever been to Florida in late July/August and we've had some trips where we barely had any rain. Perhaps it was the timing of the rain last summer as it just didn't affect us too much apart from the day we had dinner at BOG. Plus the rain was done in 15 - 20 minutes. This year the rain seemed to last far longer and that was a bit of a pain as there were a few times when it went on for what felt like hours.

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
I laughed at Max and Kate dipping into the snacks at Universal, they must have been so hungry 😂 We loved the frozen butter beer when we tried it too, although it’s very sweet. The butter beer in the UK Harry Potter tour wasn’t nice at all so we were really surprised at how nice the frozen one was.

The cider with a whiskey in it sounds delicious and very strong. I have never heard of that served anywhere before but I would certainly give it a try 😉. Your Mexican meal looked good, although that’s the one type of cuisine we don’t eat as it doesn’t agree with us at all 😀

Your parents seem to have really enjoyed the holiday too, it’s been lovely to see how you have all got along. I look forward to reading your full trip report soon 😀
Poor kids they must have been starving i totally agree the butterbeer in the UK Harry Potter is yucky I much prefer the stuff over in Universal.

I'll get started on the full report in a week or two. I'm looking forward to writing up those first few days as it all seems a long time ago now.

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Aww just catching up.

Chefs de France, French Martini and Illuminations, exactly like our last night. Sounds like you had a lovely evening.

It won't be the same without Illuminations...
It was a lovely last evening at WDW. Totally agree it won't be the same without Illuminations. I love that music.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List