Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Aug 19, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by loola30 View Post
Did my first 5k parkrun today...well, unofficial as it wasn’t on (bank holiday town show in the park), but I still ran the course anyway. 34:35. Quite pleased with that as I’ve not run over trails and grass before. It’s going to be a hot one today though 🥵
Well done. Excellent time!

Back in UK now so hopefully will do my 1st UK post graduation run soon. Hoping I can start making inroads into time, whilst increasing distance.
Old 25 Aug 19, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

After doing C25K last year I'm now doing the great north run in a couple of week ... anyone thinking about it give it a go ... I couldn't run to the end of the street .. now I do 13 mile most weekends and am planning on booking for the next Star Wars run at Disney 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻 X
Old 25 Aug 19, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

How did it go? Thinking of investing in some new trainers / socks and wondered if it made a difference?
I haven’t used them yet! 🙈 My blister was so bad that it was still painful just to walk on, when it was my run day on Friday and I then take the weekend off. I’m intending on getting up early tomorrow before the heat hits so I’ll let you know how I get on.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Button17
Imagineer

I graduated on Thursday. So proud of myself as really never believed I could run. Aim to run 3x a week and am entering my first race, the Poppy run in October.

Good luck everyone and hang in there xx

Edited at 09:48 PM.
Button17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Button17 View Post
I graduated on Thursday. So proud of myself as really never believed I could run. Aim to run 3x a week and am entering my first race, the Poppy run in October.

Congratulations Button17.

Well done!

Old 26 Aug 19, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Button17 View Post

Congratulations! x
Old 26 Aug 19, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

How did it go? Thinking of investing in some new trainers / socks and wondered if it made a difference?
Well that was my first run with no blisters. The socks I got are blister resistant. My feet were so hot in them, but it is already a very hot day. In winter I think they will be good. I’ll still wear them through summer though. The new trainers were comfy so I think I did the right thing getting some properly fitted.
Old 26 Aug 19, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I know there was a link somewhere in this thread, but can anyone recommend a head band/sweat band?
Old 26 Aug 19, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Clairelovestate View Post
Well that was my first run with no blisters. The socks I got are blister resistant. My feet were so hot in them, but it is already a very hot day. In winter I think they will be good. I’ll still wear them through summer though. The new trainers were comfy so I think I did the right thing getting some properly fitted.
I’m glad a change of shoes and socks has helped, blisters are miserable.
Old 26 Aug 19, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by skalexander View Post
I’m glad a change of shoes and socks has helped, blisters are miserable.
They are! The one I got on Wednesday was so large and painful I was hobbling around on Thursday as it was on the arch of my foot where I walk on 😩. It’s healing well now and hopefully that will be the last for a while.