Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 20 Aug 19, 02:37 AM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

We left Cabana Bay two days ago. We used the pool with the lazy river most of the time and had no issues. Used the other pool with the slide once and again, no issues. We quite liked the hotel, didn’t see any unwanted behaviour at all. We only used it as a base, but it was fine. The bus service to the parks was excellent, only waited about 5 minutes at the end of the day, all other times a bus was waiting.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Emma & Lloyd
Apprentice Imagineer

We are off here in three weeks. Any issues with the CBBR pool and we will decamp to RPR for the day to use their pool.

Villas at Grand Floridian 2014 Cabana Bay 2015 Animal Kingdom Villas 2016 Animal Kingdom Villas 2017 Cabana Bay & Saratoga Springs 2019 Saratoga Springs 2021
Emma & Lloyd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Moody230
Excited about Disney

We are here now. No issues with pool that i've seen and we have a poolside family suite. I have also not witnessed any anti social behaviour, just lots of families on vacation. Only time i’ve noticed the pool closed is during afternoon storms. We are here for another 9 nights.

We would happily stay here again.

Edited at 01:05 PM.
Moody230 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
RockTheDots
slightly serious Dibber

RockTheDots's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We stayed at Cabana Bay for 3 nights in May. We thought it was a great resort, loved the vibe. There were quite a few teens around as it was cheerleading comp season, but they were all polite and didn't lessen our enjoyment. No pool incidents that we were aware of...
Disneyland: 2022 (Trip report: LA & Aulani), 2023
DCL: Magic x2, Dream, Wish (booked for 2024!), Fantasy and Wonder (booked for 2025!)
RockTheDots is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Fefster View Post
Maybe it was just one family, but I hear it has been closed every day this week. It made me think they do not have a separate kids pool or an adult pool and maybe another hotel would be better for us.

I've cancelled it now and I'm starting to think about other hotels. I got a quote from Virgin for 4 nights in October at Portofino Bay for £264 a night. This seems not too bad. What do you think?
Good price, well worth that ... I just cancelled an annual pass holder rate for mid September $319 for deluxe, so your rate seems decent without the APH discount

sandshal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

We found Portofino had a very different vibe around end June one year, lots of large American family groups taking over the pool, I love a good noisy night out but these were loud and quite arrogant at times. I'd have thought you'd be fine at any of the resorts in October, avoiding weekends during HH nights

sandshal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Fefster
Excited about Disney

We have booked Sapphire Falls. We love the boat transport and the hotel looks lovely, much more our vibe. We will go across to CB to see what we think. Decided against Portofino in the end. It was £100 more per night and we are early birds anyway, so probably won't need Express.
Fefster is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Shell
Imagineer

Mobile

We went I 2016. I know it was awhile ago, however we had to switch rooms. The reason was the room they gave us overlooked a literal building site, half of the electrics didnt work and the bed felt damp. They admitted the hotel was overbooked due to HHn and had released extra rooms which may not have been entirely ready (ya think?) So the following day the upgraded us to a suite and it was much much better!
Orlando & Bahamas 1992 - Orlando 1998 - Orlando 1999 - Orlando 2000 - Polynesian Resort - Orlando 2000 - Orlando 2001 - Orlando 2003 - Kissimmee Villa - Orlando 2005 - Christmas - Orlando 2010 - Orlando 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside - Orlando 2012 - Disney Coronado Springs - HHN - Orlando & Hollywood 2014 - Orlando 2016- Disney's Coronado Springs and Universal's Cabana Bay Honeymoon 2017 - Disney's Port Orleans Riverside
Miss_Shell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Derbydave4
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Have been at Cabana for the last 3 days check in took all of ten minutes and they met my room request; no problems with pools being closed Able to get a sun bed at anytime of day Food choices are a bit basic but City Walk is only a quick bus ride away All staff we have met have been really helpful Would stay here again
Derbydave4 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Potterer
Very Serious Dibber

I know the OP has changed their booking but I wanted to say that we stayed at Cabana Bay for 8 nights in July/August. Absolutely loved it there. The food was good, we liked the pizzas, make your own salad (pay by weight) the half chicken, rice and black beans were a favourite and the icees were divine.

We moved on to Royal Pacific Club Level afterwards which we have done before and loved that too. But Cabana's proximity to Volcano Bay was bliss and we spent a lot of time in there.

Don't let a couple of negative reviews outweigh the general consensus that CBBR is a great resort.
August 2019 CBBR & RPR Club level Post GCSE treat
Potterer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List