Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 24 Aug 19, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Tracey2019
Excited about Disney

Mobile Pofq or change to a villa?

Im currently booked into pofq for may 2020 with upgraded qdsp but have been looking at a villa and for the same dates it would be £1600 for my stay saving me £2750 over pofq. Would you change? Im thinking the villa may be better for my son as he can get overwhelmed and sometimes needs a quiet place to chill out. I know id lose the $300 disney dollars but that would be a small price to pay if it saved me overall. Has anyone done this before?
Tracey2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Have you worked out costs for transport, food etc? Would you be hiring a car or relying on Uber/taxi? If hiring a car you'd have rental costs and you'd need to pay to park at the Disney parks. Would you eat out a lot? Buy food and cook in the villa? It would all mount up.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Tracey2019
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I would be using uber/lyft to get around. I wouldnt eat out a lot id do a walmart shop and have meals in the villa
Tracey2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

We love having a villa. Its lovely after a busy park day to swim in your own pool or sit on the deck with a drink. We are a family party of 9 so if you feel like some down time the villa is big enough to do that. We do a big shop and have some breakfasts and dinners at the villa. Its also cheaper for snacks to take to the park buyng them offsite.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
SimplyDisney
Excited about Disney

I would stay in POFQ or for the best value have you considered what it would cost for a Deluxe resort with full table service dining plan included FOC? Probably Animal Kingdom or perhaps Saratoga Springs?
·1991 Polynesian ·1999 Villa ·2001 Wyndham Palace Resort & Spa ·2005 Port Orleans French Quarter ·2006 Boardwalk Inn ·2007 Polynesian ·2009 Contemporary Resort ·2010 Yacht Club ·2012 Buena Vista Palace ·2015 Grand Floridian Resort & Spa ·2018 Polynesian & Grand Floridian Resort & Spa ·2019 Beach Club ·2022 Beach Club, Grand Floridian Resort & Spa & Hard Rock Hotel ·2023 Yacht Club & Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
SimplyDisney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Tracey2019
Excited about Disney

Mobile

A deluxe resort is out of the question cost wise
Old 24 Aug 19, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

Can you split your stay. If your son is younger, the convenience of being on site makes everything so much easier. Do you need a sit down meal each day. I found with kids it was easier not to be tied down to a meal time.

Also you save on transportation time.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Tracey2019 View Post
Im currently booked into pofq for may 2020 with upgraded qdsp but have been looking at a villa and for the same dates it would be £1600 for my stay saving me £2750 over pofq. Would you change? Im thinking the villa may be better for my son as he can get overwhelmed and sometimes needs a quiet place to chill out. I know id lose the $300 disney dollars but that would be a small price to pay if it saved me overall. Has anyone done this before?
How did you work out the saving? are you just looking at the cost of the villa compared to what the total for disney it or are you just comparing the accommodation part?
disney does seem expensive upfront but once you take off the park tickets which you''d have to buy if offsite, how much you will be spending on food and extras like travel/parking the saving often isn't as big as you might expect. You need to work out all the costs involved to see which works out best for you.

We're doing split stay again next year onsite at cbr with ddp then moving to a villa and honestly by time we pay for meals and everything else on top of the villa price we probably could have stayed onsite for the whole trip but as the kids are older a week in one room is more than enough and by then we need some space so moving to a villa suits us better.
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
fizzypop
Imagineer

When I worked it out, a villa stay and onsite with the free QSDP worked out roughly the same when I had included everything. We don’t eat out all the time when staying in a villa and if we do we tend to go to places like Cracker Barrel so not the expensive places. We do love the space of the villa though. In the end, we have decided that a split stay suits us best for about the same price as 2 weeks onsite as we would drive each other crazy if 4 of us were in one room for 2 weeks. We also get the benefit though of booking fastpasses at 60 days when we are onsite.
fizzypop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List