Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Aug 19, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Lovesholidays
Imagineer

Lovesholidays's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
BA strike coming home from Amsterdam - update

Hi there
I realise I’m not the only one affected by the BA strike, but I just wanted to get some advice regarding our Amsterdam return flight on the 9th. Obviously can’t get through on the phone, but I wanted to know am I likely to get a refund for the return journey if requested one? I was thinking of booking an easyJet flight for the return leg it’s gonna cost me another £250 there are four of us, is that the right way to go about though ? Many thanks

Edited at 03:16 PM.
Lovesholidays is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
2waterford
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Have you been offered the option to cancel your flight. I don't think you will get a refund unless you are given the option to cancel your flight.
2waterford is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Kazzyp27
Earning My Ears

Hi our flight to London from Manchester at 20.50 on the 9th ( pre Virgin flight LHR to Mia on 10th) was cancelled and I called BA last night as I wasn’t able to find out via the app what we would receive to cancel - we had already flown the first leg of the flight - they have held seats on a Sunday lunchtime flight to London City- which would mean hubby taking an extra day off work - being at the wrong airport so travelling across London and an extra night in a hotel - whilst they take up to 3 days to calculate our refund -

Luckily when all the talk of strikes started and after following along with a dibber, who had to travel down to London by train with young children to make their afternoon flight to the US, after MAN to LHR was cancelled I booked a train ticket direct to Heathrow from home using out 2 together cards for just over £70 !
Kazzyp27 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Lovesholidays
Imagineer

Lovesholidays's Reviews
So our booking is a holiday package, flight going is all ok, the hotel is booked with them too. The flight home is the problem.
All I’ve received is a text and email saying flight home is cancelled and they would be getting in touch soon. I’ve looked in Q&A in website and it keeps going on about re booking flights or getting a refund. Perhaps I should just wait awhile, I don’t know, will flights get booked up for the easyJet flights home ? Dilemma dilemma
Lovesholidays is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Are you flying back into London?

If so, ask to switch onto one of the BA Cityflyer services from either Amsterdam or Rotterdam. There’s several each day, and the pilots are not striking!
Old 24 Aug 19, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Lovesholidays
Imagineer

Lovesholidays's Reviews
Originally Posted by Gill635 View Post
Are you flying back into London?

If so, ask to switch onto one of the BA Cityflyer services from either Amsterdam or Rotterdam. There’s several each day, and the pilots are not striking!
Just had an email saying that have cancelled the whole holiday and reimbursed us, however if we want to go ahead with the booking we have to pay again, at the same cost though. This will keep the same hotel and outward flights. It also says if we would like to rebook for alternative dates we can and we can get reimbursed the difference of flights etc. So I take it we can just book the Cityflyer seats which are now extortionate by the way and claim back. We just need to work out how we get back to LGw to collect our car?
Old 24 Aug 19, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Lovesholidays
Imagineer

Lovesholidays's Reviews
So I paid for the package once more. It now says I have paid double the cost 🤷🏼 I’m not going to book any other flights now as surely it’s up to BA to get us home ? There are flights available to city airport they will have to make arrangements for us to go on there surely? This is all very confusing and not being able to speak with anyone is so annoying !
Old 24 Aug 19, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lovesholidays View Post
So I paid for the package once more. It now says I have paid double the cost 🤷🏼 I’m not going to book any other flights now as surely it’s up to BA to get us home ? There are flights available to city airport they will have to make arrangements for us to go on there surely? This is all very confusing and not being able to speak with anyone is so annoying !
Really don’t understand why you have to cancel refund then rebook, it seems a very strange way indeed we are a Package too
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Lovesholidays View Post
Just had an email saying that have cancelled the whole holiday and reimbursed us, however if we want to go ahead with the booking we have to pay again, at the same cost though. This will keep the same hotel and outward flights. It also says if we would like to rebook for alternative dates we can and we can get reimbursed the difference of flights etc. So I take it we can just book the Cityflyer seats which are now extortionate by the way and claim back. We just need to work out how we get back to LGw to collect our car?
Has the cost gone up between this morning and you actually booking? I’d query it if so, as there is no one in the commercial team that works weekends and they are the people that put the fares up or down

I’m not sure about getting to Gatwick, I know Heathrow is pretty easy to reach from City. I’ll see if I can find anything out though
Old 24 Aug 19, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
missy E
Imagineer

missy E's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
bbc/news/uk-49460958

Just seen this