Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Aug 19, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Just spoken to DS he’s a manager with Aldi they can put an announcement out just the same way they can say we are opening till number such and such
He’d have broken the window him self but he says customers even leave babies in the car as they ate just nipping in drives him:to distraction
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Terrible. Poor dog.
If you ever see a dog in a Tesla though don't worry and don't snash window, it has dog mode and keeps the car cool (big picture on screen). On a forum I'm on someone had his Tesla window smashed in a supermarket car park by people who didn't realise.
Old 24 Aug 19, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
smoggy123
Apprentice Imagineer

smoggy123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Nannad View Post
Before smashing the car window, you need to take a picture of the dog inside the car
It would have been very difficult to get a photo as the poor little thing was inside a black nylon dog carrier thing, one of those things with the mesh windows. 😡
Old Key West JULY/AUGUST (18 nights, with a Universal hotel thrown in somewhere!) 2015
Old Key West JUNE 2020 (2 WEEKS)
smoggy123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
smoggy123
Apprentice Imagineer

smoggy123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Just spoken to DS he’s a manager with Aldi they can put an announcement out just the same way they can say we are opening till number such and such
He’d have broken the window him self but he says customers even leave babies in the car as they ate just nipping in drives him:to distraction
I thought it was odd. Obviously just couldn't be bothered to help😡
Old Key West JULY/AUGUST (18 nights, with a Universal hotel thrown in somewhere!) 2015
Old Key West JUNE 2020 (2 WEEKS)
smoggy123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Billy Beatnik
Imagineer

If the owner had their window smashed (like I saw done at Pemuim Outlets on Vineland) I’m sure they wouldn’t try it again.
Old 25 Aug 19, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Ruth
Imagineer

Recent Range Rovers also have dog mode.

My son is able to leave the air conditioning on to keep them cool on a hot day.

He did have someone try and tell him that it was illegal to leave a car running with no one in it but with the car locked and brakes on where did he think it was going to go?
Ruth is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ruth View Post

He did have someone try and tell him that it was illegal to leave a car running with no one in it but with the car locked and brakes on where did he think it was going to go?
Yes, that’s the problem with petrol cars. Tesla isn’t running of course, it has no engine.
Old 25 Aug 19, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ruth View Post

I think the person meant because of the air pollution, it is a good idea though.
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by smoggy123 View Post
I thought it was odd. Obviously just couldn't be bothered to help😡
I was thinking the same
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rebelrebel View Post
I think the person meant because of the air pollution, it is a good idea though.
You would get a £20 ticket for doing that here regardless if the car was designed that was - it’s against the Highway Code and the authorities are red hot here at ticketing idling

Leave your dog at home in the cool if you must go to the shop alone
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List