Notices

Old 23 Jul 19, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
That was the year we went on honeymoon to Disney - ah, the bargains I had at the outlets! 😭😭😭 I do wonder if it will ever be like that again...
Not sure how the PM vote this week will send it so it will be a case of 'suck it and see' I think 😄 How are your plans coming on?
I can’t see it getting back to that in the near future sadly!

Our plans are getting there, other than endless indecision over whether to change our dining around!
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

I don't think the rate will go up either which is a disappointment. I remember when I went with my parents in 2003 it was $2 to £1 and it made shopping AMAZING! I really hope for your sake it does go up a little before travel day, fingers crossed. Not long at all now xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
I don't think the rate will go up either which is a disappointment. I remember when I went with my parents in 2003 it was $2 to £1 and it made shopping AMAZING! I really hope for your sake it does go up a little before travel day, fingers crossed. Not long at all now xx
Thanks Kelly 😊 About to catch up on your most recent day of the trip report- the title has really made me LOL 😂😂 Cannot wait to read it! X
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Thanks Kelly 😊 About to catch up on your most recent day of the trip report- the title has really made me LOL 😂😂 Cannot wait to read it! X
I'm gonna have so much reading to do over the summer, I have FB friend who is going next week and blogging daily, Abby goes next week, you, then it'll be Colette! I love seeing what others get up to. It's all happening, so excited

Well I did want to call it a few other names but needed to try and keep it PG don't know how I didn't launch him for his comments enjoy xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 19, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

Time is ticking away! A few little updates!
So all of a sudden the countdown seems to be going so fast and had a little flurry of activity recently
Firstly, we had the email from Charter Travel with all of our confirmations for tickets, hotel and transfer..

Added little bonus of the shopping voucher. Can exchange this at several malls including Premium Outlets 👍
Then when doing my usual check of what seats are still available on our flights (I refuse to pay £600 to book them ), this beauty presented itself to me! -

Unsurprisingly I have opted for the steak Now as DH has no idea we are travelling Club I have taken the executive decision of ordering him the steak too - I know I could wait until on board but worried the steak will be popular option and none left!
Then today I took the first currency plunge and did this -

After the recent fluctuations, the minute Revolut were offering $1.25 to the pound again I exchanged £500. Want to swap another £500 but just going to see how it goes in the next few days
I confess I have also made another ADR change - I really need to stop looking at the menus so hard
Our previously cancelled Flying Fish cafe is reinstated and Jiko has gone. We already have a couple of Boma dinners booked as you know and the Jiko menu was perhaps not entirely to our liking, whereas Flying Fish has lots of yummy options and gives us the chance to explore the Boardwalk a little for the first time (Yes I know, how can I not have done so in 7 precious visits?!)
I may have also looked at flight availability with other carriers for our departure date *just in case* - Norwegian fly at similar time that day and still have seats left. My thinking is if the worst happens and BA strike is on our travel date, will book three flex tickets one way as these are fully refundable, giving us another option if they say they cannot get us there.
Anyway, the countdown continues and as school holidays have now commenced I am sure it will fly by! Off for a mini break in Barmouth tomorrow with DH, DD and DFIL - it's a sign the weather is now pants as we always get rain when we go Hoping for a slight reprieve Monday and Tuesday!
Happy weekend all!
Not long at all for you now! Well the weather has certainly taken a turn for the better to get you prepared for that sunshine! I keep wondering how the heat here today will compare with Florida next August... it’s reading a whopping 35.5 degrees in my car today!
Will be interested to hear how you like boardwalk... we’ve never ventured there either so I’d like to take a look around next year
Old 25 Jul 19, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Th1nkT1nk View Post
Not long at all for you now! Well the weather has certainly taken a turn for the better to get you prepared for that sunshine! I keep wondering how the heat here today will compare with Florida next August... it’s reading a whopping 35.5 degrees in my car today!
Will be interested to hear how you like boardwalk... we’ve never ventured there either so I’d like to take a look around next year
I have worked from home today - usually take train into work and with all the disruptions just was not worth the risk - plus kept getting crisis control notifications due to level 3 heatwave warning and suggesting we contact line managers for contingency plans 😄
Must admit am curious about boardwalk - happy I have got my Flying Fish reservation back after reading Rescuer's dining report and another of Dr. JJ's. Tempted to do a dining report but don't think I would manage a live one - though with my rest days planned who knows? 😉 Thanks for following and commenting! 😊
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mini update!
So today we have finally reached SDD day! Please join me..

I sucked it up and got the last few dollars on Thursday, needed some dollar bills for mousekeeping and tipping driver from airport etc. Barely $1.2 to the pound..Ah it takes me back to our 2016 trip
Holiday haircut happened today also and of course ended up purchasing the argan oil holiday set as it was 'only £39.99 - that's like buy 2 get the third free!' why do I do these things? !
Anyway, most importantly have just finished laying out the treasure hunt for DD reveal in the morning- am so excited for this! Popped into the Disney Store for inspiration and they were great, I purchased a large box for £3.50 and they gave me lots of Mickey ears tissue and confetti and even printed me off a certificate to include in the reveal! I have also used the beauty and the beast countdown calendar from the Dibb
Will post some pics tomorrow and let you know how it goes, hopefully not a total let down... 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤞
Night night all
Old 3 Aug 19, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Forest32
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Mini update!
So today we have finally reached SDD day! Please join me..

I sucked it up and got the last few dollars on Thursday, needed some dollar bills for mousekeeping and tipping driver from airport etc. Barely $1.2 to the pound..Ah it takes me back to our 2016 trip
Holiday haircut happened today also and of course ended up purchasing the argan oil holiday set as it was 'only £39.99 - that's like buy 2 get the third free!' why do I do these things? !
Anyway, most importantly have just finished laying out the treasure hunt for DD reveal in the morning- am so excited for this! Popped into the Disney Store for inspiration and they were great, I purchased a large box for £3.50 and they gave me lots of Mickey ears tissue and confetti and even printed me off a certificate to include in the reveal! I have also used the beauty and the beast countdown calendar from the Dibb
Will post some pics tomorrow and let you know how it goes, hopefully not a total let down... 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤞
Night night all
So exciting! Hope the reveal goes well tomorrow
Forest32 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 19, 01:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Jesslydevie1
Very Serious Dibber

Hey sounds like a fabulous trip coming up but I am having palpitations on so many rest days 🙈😳🤣 I just couldn’t especially staying onsite and having it all so close I would have to at least go late evening to watch fireworks at night or a few rides in the dark especially the new pandora at animal kingdom and I just love magic kingdom of a night , riding splash mountain in the dark is my favourite thing ever 😍😍😍
Old 4 Aug 19, 07:06 AM  
Link to this Post
katnav
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

How exciting! Hope the reveal goes just as you hope and your daughter is thrilled.

Don't worry about the argan oil, I paid to have an anti-frizz treatment... 😮 does work but pricey. I'm just adding it to the cost of the holiday!
katnav is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List