Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports
Eat and Play Card
Unread 5 May 19, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
maronnettes
Gone all Goofy

Day 5 Magic Kingdom

We were off to see the castle today, love seeing it when you are on the ferry. I just cant wait to be back in September. For some reason I can only find breakfast and lunch pics today. I know we wouldnt have missed a meal but I must have forgot to take pics and cant remember where we ate now, sorry.
We started off the day at Gastons tavern, I hadnt tried a cinnamon roll there before so was excited to give it a whirl. Wow, I loved it a lot. Myself and Ben shared this, we asked for extra icing. The extra pot of icing just makes it even better, we both loved it but it really is huggeeeee. It was big enough that Wayne had a piece too. Tom didnt want anything, he had already had a poptart. Ben had too but he loves sweet stuff like me, so was happy to have a second breakfast lol Josh also had a second breakfast as he had started off with a Krispy Kreme and then got a chocolate croissant at Gastons. We will go back here this year as even though we wont be on the dining plan it is a really good value snack considering the size of it.

For lunch we used a TS credit and went to Liberty Tree Tavern. I was really looking forward to this. I picked lunch time as the menu is more varied, on an evening you can only get the patriots platter which is kind of like a Sunday dinner but with mac and cheese, oh and no Yorkshires. I knew the kids would rather pick something else, so at lunch time you can also get pasta, burgers, fish and chips etc. They give you bread to start which were lovely, Tom especially loved the bread wherever we went. I went for the patriots platter, it was so much food! I loved it but felt bad leaving the amount I did. I would recommend it though, it was lovely. You get a salad to start then Turkey, pork and beef pot roast with mashed potatoes, stuffing, veg, mac and cheese, gravy and cranberry sauce. I got a glass of prosecco to drink, very nice. Unfortunately our server was non existent at this meal, I had to go searching for tomato sauce for Josh and to find him so I could order a second round of drinks.

Wayne got a bacon and cheese burger which he enjoyed, he also tried a bit of mine. He got a lager.

Josh and Ben got fish and chips, Ben had made me scrape off all the coleslaw as he didnt want it touching his fish and chips!

Tom got chicken mac and cheese, he really liked it

For dessert my platter comes with the ooey gooey toffee cake, this is the best dessert ever. I want to go back just for this! It really is so so delicious. Wayne got a cheese cake and Ben got strawberry sorbet with fruit.

We also got snacks whilst we were in MK, a mickey pretzel with cheese, nice but not a fan of the plastic cheese. A churro, this is just ok, nothing beats a fresh churro from Spain! Josh got another Joffreys doughnut and Ben got a mickey icecream lolly.

That's another day done, thanks for reading along
maronnettes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our WDW Holiday.
Unread 5 May 19, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

toots82's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
enjoying reading along, we love Bubba Gumps and Yak and Yeti

We had the ribs at PH last year and weren't too impressed either, we had vouchers though so it wasn't bad. What did you think of OKW? We've only done SSR which we love but DD and DS (will be 13 and 10 by time we go) could really do with their own beds and we can't decide if we should aim for 1 bed OKW or 2 bed SSR, we love SSR but think we could fall in love with OKW too, am nervous as I don't know the areas and I'm not good with change lol.
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Windwood Dreamin'
Unread 5 May 19, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
maronnettes
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by toots82 View Post
enjoying reading along, we love Bubba Gumps and Yak and Yeti

We had the ribs at PH last year and weren't too impressed either, we had vouchers though so it wasn't bad. What did you think of OKW? We've only done SSR which we love but DD and DS (will be 13 and 10 by time we go) could really do with their own beds and we can't decide if we should aim for 1 bed OKW or 2 bed SSR, we love SSR but think we could fall in love with OKW too, am nervous as I don't know the areas and I'm not good with change lol.
Just worked out how to answer whilst quoting your comment, I'm not good with technology lol I can't comment on SSR apart from the walk round I've seen Tim Tracker doing but OKW is just so beautiful. The apartments (or villas as they call them) are gorgeous, it's so spacious. The whole grounds there are so nice, I could live there. I am definitely going back at some point. You honestly won't be disappointed. We stayed near turtle pond pool which is a bit of a walk from the main pool and shop but is very peaceful. So it depends whether you would rather be nearer to the main pool but we would request Turtle pond again. I really want to go back for my 40th in two years.
maronnettes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our WDW Holiday.
Unread 5 May 19, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Wordsworth
Excited about Disney

Great report, thanks! That cinnamon roll at Gastons looks great.
Wordsworth is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
First time to Singapore
Unread 6 May 19, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Shipdog
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Enjoying reading this- we are going to be experiencing Dining Plan for first time this month! Cant wait!
Shipdog is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our WDW Holiday.
Unread 6 May 19, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Excited6910
Imagineer

It all looks delicious! I dont know why I torture myself when I'm trying to lose Lbs for holiday by reading food reports but they're just tooooo good

Loved our Second once in a lifetime" so much we're doing it again
Excited6910 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
One last onsite visit!
Unread 6 May 19, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsSevSpaghetti
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Enjoying reading. I miss OKW, we cant stay there next time. Just starting to plan my food choices for next year so love a new thread.
MrsSevSpaghetti is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 19, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
Imagineer

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Great report, thanks so much for sharing.

I have added that cinnamon roll from Gastons to my ever growing list of snacks for the summer.