Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 13 Jun 19, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Honestly can’t understand how those eggs were allowed out of the kitchen! Wasn’t it a family place?!

Looking forward to reading more about how you used your DDP.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyStacey
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks all for your kind words so far.

Sorry I haven't updated for a little while.
Work and life has been so hectic since we got back!
But here I am, ready for the next installment …

Sunday 28th May

DH went to Artist Palette to fetch us breakfast whilst me and DD were getting ready and bought it back to the room.

DH went for the Bounty Platter - Scrambled Eggs, Bacon, Sausage, Breakfast Potatoes, a Biscuit and a Mickey-shaped Waffle.

DD had the Mickey Waffles and Bacon.

I just had a bagel and some cream cheese. I did have DH’s Mickey Waffle and some of his potatoes also.

We had the fruit that we bought the evening before as well. (I was dipping the strawberries in the caramel sauce from the apples – it was amazing! ) And obviously we had our refill mugs, DH had coffee and me and DD had a hot chocolate with a splash of half&half. I think he also picked up a bottle of water to take with us.

Just worth noting that we often forgot our mugs – or didn’t take them with us if we were going straight to a park (or coming back from a park) – we just asked whoever was on the tills if we could have a cup and explained we were on the dining plan and didn’t have our mugs with us. We were always given one without hesitation.

As with tradition, first day was Magic Kingdom. Don’t know why we always do this – it isn’t even our favourite park. I think that seeing the castle really makes it hit home that we’re there. (Along with being told “Welcome Home” at Saratoga – best feeling ever!).

Me and DD shared a LeFou’s Brew from Gaston’s Tavern as a mid-morning snack – we both actually really enjoyed this!

Lunch was another tradition of Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café. DD and DH both love helping themselves from the toppings bar – never manage to eat it all though! We did mobile ordering – it’s always packed in here and always difficult to find a table. By the time we ever sit down with our food, I’m always so flustered and stressed - this time was no different.

DH had 1/3lb Angus Bacon Cheese burger with fries.

DD had a Grilled Chicken Club with fries.

And I had a Pulled Pork Sandwich with fries.
(I did notice that whilst we were there, they had a menu change and this has now been taken off.)

Me and DH just had Coke to drink and DD had an orange juice. Plus obviously loads of topping from the bar including salad, mushrooms and crispy onions.

There was just so much food! DD only managed half of hers and I was absolutely stuffed. We decided that perhaps in future we should just share a meal to save waste.

It was just your average QS burgers etc.
Nothing special, but nothing wrong with any of it.
Not worth the price if paying OOP.

Dinner was at ‘Ohanas tonight.

We all really enjoyed it last year and often crave the food from here. (Especially me with the bread pudding! )

Our reservation was for 5:35pm. We got there a little before – maybe 25 past - we checked in and they took my mobile number and said we’d receive a text when our table was ready.
(Worth noting that this was probably one of the only Disney places we came across that accepted a UK mobile number.)

We went off to check out the pressed penny machines as DD is a collector and no sooner had we reached the machine then my phone buzzed to say our table was ready.

We got a table right by the window, overlooking the pool and the castle. It really was a lovely view.

To drink, I had a Bahama Mama (this soon came to be my favourite drink, overtaking the Magical Star) I also had a coke too as the meal comes with a soft drink plus a drink on the DDP.

DH had a bottle of Michelob.

DD had a Strawberry Daquiri – obviously a non-alcoholic one!

The Pineapple-Coconut Bread and the salad were both were delicious. The salad had crispy noodles, kale, spinach and dried cranberries in and was tossed in a “Lilikoi” dressing – it was really fresh and summery. Can’t seem to find a photo of the bread, so that must’ve been a photo fail! Ooops!

Next was pork dumplings (or “pot stickers”), glazed chicken wings, stir-fried vegetables and teriyaki noodles. The portion size for the three of us was HUGE, but seeing as it’s all-you-can-eat, you could ask for more if you wanted.

Skewers were the usual chicken, beef and shrimp. I didn’t take a photo of these as it all just looked a mess on my plate. The skewers come round one at a time so I had usually finished the meat from the last skewer before the next one came round. All was really hot and fresh. The shrimp are served with a hot towel for your fingers which is great! Obviously you can decline if there is something you don’t want, and the server will give you as much or as little as you like.

Pudding was the usual Banana Bread Pudding with caramel sauce and ice-cream. It is just absolute heaven! DH doesn’t eat desserts or sweet things so he didn’t have any. DD barely had a mouthful as she just couldn’t manage any more food. It was all down to me. I wish I could’ve eaten more, but I was just so full.

Our lovely server also bought out a rice-crispie treat for DD which she boxed up for us to take with us (I think we ended up having it for breakfast one morning – “when on holiday” and all that!).

We went back to MK for a few more rides and then watched Happily Ever After. Despite the crowds (which I hate), I’ll never tire of seeing this display.
DD cries every time, which in itself makes me feel teary just thinking about it.

Overall a successful first day!

Next up is Catalina Eddie’s for lunch and Yachtsman for dinner.
DisneyStacey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I am totally with you on QS places being stressful. The pick up areas are just too small and I never know why people need their entire families with them inline. Mobile ordering has eased the stress massively but the search for a table is still stressful.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Dutchdisneyfan
Apprentice Imagineer

Lovely day!
Dutchdisneyfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Great report so far looking forward to seeing more 😃
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Just binge read your whole report so far. Looks good. I said I would do a food report this year but gave up on it for the same reasons as you. You’re doing a good job on this one, enjoying it so far.
Loobylou_82 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List