Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Boardwalk looks lovely, we have never managed Sweet Tomatoes but it’s always on the list!
It was such a lovely evening. Hope you manage to go to Sweet Tomatoes one day. We love it!

M x
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Mobile Day 12 - McDonald’s, Cowfish, Voodoo Doughnuts & Volcano Bay

Day 12 - McDonald’s, Cowfish, Voodoo Doughnuts & Volcano Bay

Today we were up and out as we wanted to make the most of our Universal tickets. We popped into McDonald’s on route for quickness. Most people had sausage/bacon/egg muffins. Said they tasted the same as home. I had a bagel and G had a mc griddle.

We had a great morning in both parks and worked up an appetite.

Our lunch destination was Cowfish

We had been really looking forward to this. Not sure it was open the last time we were here.

We were told there was a 55 minute wait for inside or we could be seated straight away upstairs in the outside terrace in the shade with fans. We opted for the latter which worked out great. This was our view and had the area mainly to ourselves. It felt nice and cool.

Quickly given menus by our young nervous server. Lots of pages and so many choices.

Our friend ordered a beer. Never had it served with an orange before!

Lots of different soft drinks ordered but the server kept spilling them and pouring the wrong ones. He was really apologetic and we kind of felt sorry for him. We got there in the end and all was fine.

My phone was passed round so everyone took their own food photo then dived in.

The C.B.C.L.T

The Dynamic Duo

Hamburgueser

The Cowfish has officially left the building burger

Our friend decided to make the most of being in America and live the American burger dream. But after 2 bites he said peanut butter and fried bananas weren’t his greatest choice! He did finish it though.

The rest of us opted for the Bento boxes

These were all really good. The tuna was ultra delicious.

Once our server had given us our meals and we had taken one bite, he asked if we would like desserts or milkshakes! Normally this would really annoy us but we politely declined as we came to the conclusion he was trying really hard and it was possibly his first day in the job.

Great meal all round and plenty more sushi options on the menu I would like to try one day.

Similar price to NBC Sports Grill. There was a 50/50 split as to who preferred each restaurant.

Liked the artwork inside. This is how I felt!

We were all really full but went to Voodoo Doughnuts for the first time. I was really looking forward to these as they are one of my favourite foods! We decided to buy and pack them in our bags and eat them back in the villa later on.

Compulsory shot outside.

I’d been researching beforehand but when we got there it was all rather busy, the queue moved quickly and suddenly felt a tad overwhelmed and still hadn’t made a decision when I came face to face with the server.

Really liked the decor and smell inside.

She did explain the donuts at the front tasted like regular ones and the ones at the back were more doughy and cake like.

We had already planned to share but was tempted to buy more but didn’t think I could fit anymore into our ruck sack. Hoped we could return to buy more but sadly we ran out of time and never did. More photos later on back in the villa...

We then went to Volcano Bay for the last time. This was my view. Everyone loved their time here and we were sad to leave.

Once we arrived back at the villa we unpacked our doughnuts.

Apple fritter (fried dough with apple chunks and cinnamon covered in a glaze). This was huge and so good, even though it didn’t look aesthetically pleasing...

Triple chocolate. This was smaller but full of flavour.

Our friends chose these ones. I even took a photo of the bag to nudge my memory, but weeks on... Ermmm... ?!

Portland Cream, Double Chocolate & Raspberry Romeo are my guesses!?

I know the reviews of this place can be like marmite but we all really enjoyed them.

Our 2 cost approx $7.45 which I was pleasantly surprised by.

Another great day.

Tomorrow - My birthday! Panera Bread, The Contemporary, The Polynesian, The Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge, Disney Springs & Longhorns Steakhouse.

Thanks for reading.

M x
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

That is my kind of day of food! A McGriddle, Cowfish burger and a voodoo... My mouth is watering!
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Wordsworth
Very Serious Dibber

Just read from the start - enjoying it so far! Thanks
Wordsworth is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

We finally got to do Cowfish this year and would definitely return. I could just eat a Voodoo Doughnut-yummy!
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Voddoo does seem to get mixed reviews but we like it and thought it wasn’t a bad price x
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
ShezMcQ
Excited about Disney

ShezMcQ's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Just found this and following along after binge reading the first 12 days. My the food you're having looks awesome and mostly good experiences in restaurants it seems as well (Denny's notwithstanding)

I really fancy Sweet Tomatoes but not sure my kids would eat anything there except pizza Is there a good choice of pizza or just a couple of slices? I think the salads and soup there look lush!
Polynesian Resort/HRH/The Grove - Nov18
RPR/Floridays/Hollywood Beach - Oct19
ShezMcQ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Just catching up again. Thanks for the encouragement to do my own food report later this year Melissa, I think I just might

Ah Denny's, I love Denny's. At least I did until I read this. There's no excuse for bad service, and it's a shame the food was just "ok". It was also a bit silly of them to split you up considering there were empty tables together Hopefully you'll get better service next time.

Bob Evans is my absolute favourite breakfast spot, even above the aforementioned Denny's I'm so glad you had great food and service here, it's never let us down.

I wouldn't mind retiring to Celebration either

Never been to Sweet Tomatoes, but I have to say I'm tempted by your plates. It all looks lovely, with a lot of choice and a good price.

Never been to the boardwalk either, but I think we must rectify that this year. Perfect way to end the evening with ice cream.

Oh my goodness, the size of those burgers at Cowfish! They all look delicious (apart from the banana/peanut butter one - that's just weird ), and I love the names of them.

Another nice end to the day with a sweet treat from Voodoo. I like the sound of the apple fritter one.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
That is my kind of day of food! A McGriddle, Cowfish burger and a voodoo... My mouth is watering!
Oh yes. Ditto!

Originally Posted by Wordsworth View Post
Just read from the start - enjoying it so far! Thanks
Welcome along!

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
We finally got to do Cowfish this year and would definitely return. I could just eat a Voodoo Doughnut-yummy!
Really enjoyed both and would happily return.

Originally Posted by Floridaagogo View Post
Voddoo does seem to get mixed reviews but we like it and thought it wasn’t a bad price x
Totally agree.

Originally Posted by ShezMcQ View Post
Just found this and following along after binge reading the first 12 days. My the food you're having looks awesome and mostly good experiences in restaurants it seems as well (Denny's notwithstanding)

I really fancy Sweet Tomatoes but not sure my kids would eat anything there except pizza Is there a good choice of pizza or just a couple of slices? I think the salads and soup there look lush!
There were 2 or 3 different pizza options plus garlic bread/sticks. You can eat as many slices as you fancy! Hope you manage to go one day.

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Just catching up again. Thanks for the encouragement to do my own food report later this year Melissa, I think I just might

Ah Denny's, I love Denny's. At least I did until I read this. There's no excuse for bad service, and it's a shame the food was just "ok". It was also a bit silly of them to split you up considering there were empty tables together Hopefully you'll get better service next time.

Bob Evans is my absolute favourite breakfast spot, even above the aforementioned Denny's I'm so glad you had great food and service here, it's never let us down.

I wouldn't mind retiring to Celebration either

Never been to Sweet Tomatoes, but I have to say I'm tempted by your plates. It all looks lovely, with a lot of choice and a good price.

Never been to the boardwalk either, but I think we must rectify that this year. Perfect way to end the evening with ice cream.

Oh my goodness, the size of those burgers at Cowfish! They all look delicious (apart from the banana/peanut butter one - that's just weird ), and I love the names of them.

Another nice end to the day with a sweet treat from Voodoo. I like the sound of the apple fritter one.
I'm glad and I look forward to reading along.

We were so fortunate with all our yummy meals.

Hope you make it to the Boardwalk one evening. I'm now daydreaming about retiring to Celebration!

M x
Old 22 Sep 19, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Mobile Day 13 - My birthday! Panera Bread, monorail resorts, Disney Springs & Longhorns

Day 13 - My birthday! Panera Bread, monorail resorts, Disney Springs & Longhorns

I’m so sorry for the delay in uploading today’s calorie antics. Life has got in the way!

My birthday. Are you sitting comfortably, then we shall begin...

The day started with this beautiful view.

We opted for a takeaway breakfast from Panera Breakfast and ate at the villa. Some of the boxes and plates! Delicious.

Cards and presents opened, we then FaceTimed my family who were all enjoying a BBQ at my parents. Perfect.

The others had asked leading up to the holiday what I wanted to do today. I had deliberated this for a while. 2 years ago we had been fortunate to be in Florida and complete the 4 park challenge and last year we were in California Adventure celebrating a “special” birthday. Therefore even though we didn’t have Disney tickets, those amazing memories prompted me to stick with Disney!

A plan was formed - park at Disney Springs, get a bus to The Contemporary and use the monorail to visit The Polynesian and The Grand Floridian. Enjoy a drink and snack at each, then head back to Disney Springs. Disney birthday fix complete!

I had such a lovely day and it’s been lovely reminiscing whilst writing, reflecting and looking back at the photos.

Didn’t take long to drive from Sunset Lakes, park at Disney Springs and get onto one of the buses. First stop was The Contemporary. Our friends faces and reactions just walking through the lobby was priceless! Our job as friends was done.

We headed to Contempo Cafe.

It was so good to be back. The noise, smells etc gave me goosebumps and our friends daughter was so excited when she saw the characters in the distance at Chef Mickey’s.

Our friends kindly purchased the Cookies n Cream cupcake. Yum yum yum. I’m not keen on lots of icing but this wasn’t sickly and the cake part was rich but light. Cost $5.99.

I took random photos from my seat to “capture the moment”.

We then headed over to the shop opposite. Always like it here and I was drawn to all the non calorie food items!

We then went through security in the hotel and onto the monorail.

Next stop was The Polynesian.

We had discussed going to Trader Sams, as somehow we have never made it there but got distracted. I still can’t work out where it is situated. Can anyone tell me?! We went to the one in California last year and really enjoyed it so determined to get there one day.

The distraction was Stitch. Our eldest is a big big big fan. And we spotted this at Kona Island on the first floor, when you exit the monorail.

And then in the shop

Birthday chocolates

Parenting points for buying one!

The girls really enjoyed it but I had one mouthful and wasn’t that keen. Wouldn’t get it again as it stained their teeth blue! We still talk and laugh about it now.

It was then dole whip time! One of my favourites. Light and refreshing. We found seats in the lobby and G went off to buy one. It’s only a little serving window hatch downstairs as you exit the building, heading towards the swimming pool. It took a while to be served.

It was worth the wait. It’s only after I took this, that I realised I didn’t mean to get a bottom shot of the statue, was trying not to get in the way of people taking pictures from the front.

Then a bit of Disney magic happened. Characters appeared out of no where including Stitch!

We’ve never seen this happen in a hotel lobby before.

Hugs, cheesy smiles and photos taken.

After all the excitement, it was now time to hop back on the monorail and head to The Grand Floridian.

After a look in the shops and a wander around we found some seats together and sat and chilled. Some of us headed outside and round the corner to Gasparilla Island Grill. Even with my sweet tooth, I couldn’t face anything else sweet and craved savoury.

We purchased sandwiches, salad pots and chips as a takeaway and we took these back to the others.

The cost for the 4 of us

We all really enjoyed this, whilst listening to the pianist playing.

Love a Disney cup quote!

My view

Everyone was then ready to head off again. Back onto the monorail. We could see another storm in the distance but thankfully it didn’t affect us this time.

We got off at the Magic Kingdom to get a boat to Wilderness Lodge.

Soooooo close!

We didn’t wait too long and the boat journey didn’t take long either. We disembarked. This is our dream hotel and we would love to stay here one day!

My family disappeared and came back with this! Love em.

We took a short walk to Geyser Point. We’ve been here once before and really enjoyed the food and tranquility. We just ordered drinks this time but the food coming out looked really nice, but we wanted to save ourselves for dinner. We will definitely be back one day.

Margarita time!

I’ve recently started running so this caught my eye. Don’t know if I could ever run in Florida due to the heat and humidity though.

We then got the bus to Disney Springs and had a look around the shops.

The girls wanted to go to Goofy’s Candy’s store.

They both ended up making their own treats. And did this...

Then this...

And watched and waited...

Taa daah

I took another photo later back at the villa

It was then time to head back to the villa to freshen up, before heading out to dinner.

I hope so!

One of my favourite restaurants is Longhorns. G phoned in advance to put our name on the list, even though they don’t take bookings. We arrived and waited a short time. Glad we phoned as the wait time was long and people were arriving and leaving.

I’m not sure why I even looked at the menu, as in true dibber style, I’d known months in advance what I was going to order. Flo’s filet!

The drinks, salads and bread arrived.

The service was probably one of the best we had through out the holiday. She was brilliant and also natural. The only problem we had, was the music was much louder than normal, I struggled to hear what was being said at the other end of the table!

The food was also delicious and one of the best meals of the holiday. Meat was cooked as requested and full of flavour and seasoning. A few of our plates.

So so so good.

I was then presented with this for free with another round of happy birthday! 🎼

Again, it was wasn’t a problem to split the bill for each family. Ours came to just under $99 for the 4 of us, plus tip.

I had such a brilliant day and wouldn’t have changed anything. We were all shattered by now so headed back to the villa and ended up chilling in and around the pool.

Rolled into bed very full, happy and content.

Tomorrow - Texas Roadhouse, Universal & The Toothsome Chocolate Emporium.

Thanks for reading.

M x

Edited at 08:47 AM.