Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 1 Aug 19, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Clairebear
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Wow fantastic food report!

Loving your chocolate packing skills!

The range of food you get on the QSDP is really good. I was worried we would be stuck with burgers and nuggets everyday!
Clairebear is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 19, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridafour
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Great reporting 👍
Agree though way too much food, we are downsizing to the QSDP for our next visit as we struggled on DDP, looks like we will struggle again as it still a lot to chow your way through. Well done on a great report 🙂
Floridafour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
eeyore
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Great food reporting. Loving your use of snacks and sharing
Old 19 Jan 20, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
27th July

Hi guys 👋🏻 so I’m very late back to update our week of offsite food. I’m going mainly from pictures and memory so it’s not as detailed and no idea on specific prices but I do have a pretty good memory 😂🙈!

Anyway so my last food day was the day we checked out of CSR and into the villa using up a million credits but we did it! So we are starting the day on 27th July. We woke up and had a variety of toast and cereal from the shop I did the previous day. As we had pretty much full on the past week today was a chilled day around the pool and the villa to recharge. This is where I spent my day...

Lunch was then a sub from Walmart, the supreme sub. It’s full of meat and cheese and totally delicious. It’s $5.95 and it feeds us all it’s huge! I picked this up the day before too. We had some crisps with it and I’m presuming we dived into the snack haul from Disney the previous day too!

That evening I had a groupon voucher for CiCi’s that cost I think $20 for 4 buffets and drinks. It was your typical pizza buffet, not my choice but the kids love it. We went to the one close to sherbeth road on the 192.

Not an exciting day food wise or ride wise (there was none) 😂 but we needed the chill out day for sure!

Edited at 11:41 AM.
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
28th July

Today was a chilled out morning with a few hours at Hollywood studios this afternoon.

We started out with some ham and cheese toasties in the villa for breakfast made by moi!

Before long our stomachs were rumbling again so we went and got a takeaway from Panda Express to have at the villa. The kids love Panda Express so we got Beijing beef, orange chicken some shrimp dish for Dave. 6 entrees between us I think this was around $30ish.

We then headed off to Hollywood studios for a few hours to do some rides and catch fantasmic. We got completely rained off and were drenched coming out of there.

The kids decided they wanted Steak n Shake they love this place, well we all do to be fair. Nice tasty food and cheap and cheerful. Saturday and Sunday kids eat free too! Jacob had grilled cheese, Evan hot dog both got fries and sides of mac and cheese. I had garlic double cheeseburger and Dave jalapeños burger. The kids got some cookie dough milkshakes too. All lovely as usual and will of cost under $40!

Edited at 02:18 PM.
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
29th July

So this was the day we were all going to split up. Dave and Evan had Seaworld and Busch tickets on top of Disney for the rollercoasters. Jacob and I had just Disney tickets so when the boys were off doing coasters me and Jacob were using this time to go to the waterparks, with Evan having cerebral palsy and being in a wheelchair the waterparks are very limited for him, but then having an 8 year old water baby we find this the best thing to do for our family. Anyway so today Evan and Dave we’re heading off to Busch for the day and boys being boys rented a mustang for the day so Jacob and I still had a car to get us round (we were just going to use Uber and Disney transport but they wanted the mustang so we slummed it in the Highlander!

Dave Jacob and I drove to the Disney car centre to pick up the mustang. Jacob went in the car to the McDonald’s by CSR with Dave where we said our goodbyes for the day. Dave went to pick up evan and me and Jacob went inside for some breakfast. Jacob had pancakes, and I had sausage and egg McMuffin meal. I think it was around $12-13. It filled us up and then we headed into blizzard beach for a few hours.

We had a reservation at chef Mickey’s for I think it was 2 or 2.30 pm, the latest we could get for the brunch meal anyway. We left blizzard beach after showering and getting changed, parked up at the contemporary and headed in to check in. Not a long wait and it cleared out before we finished eating.

Jacob mainly ate Mac and cheese and pancakes 🙈

I had a lovely soup, followed by some breakfast items before finishing with some “lunch items” the beef and rice was really nice as was the carved turkey and the potatoes.

Now I’m a more savoury person than sweet but with it being a buffet decided to try and range of sweet items. The start and the leftovers, I failed!

We asked for the bill and used our gift card from staying onsite for the majority of it. Jacob loved the meal with the characters and being 9 now and definitely not doing Disney this year I’m pretty sure he’ll be too old the next time we go for character interactions so I’m pleased we did this.

We headed into the magic kingdom after our meal around 4ish and being naughty we had Dave’s and Evan’s magic bands with more fast passes on so we managed to have 6 FP. We had a fab evening and finished off with the fireworks.

Jacob said he was hungry on the way home to the villa so I nipped into the McDonald’s on the 192 off the sherbeth road exit and ordered us 2 cheeseburgers. The drive thru was really busy so I nipped in! It took 42 minutes from ordering to receiving 2 cheeseburgers it was ridiculous. So many people complaining. I could of made the, fast by going to Walmart and buying all the ingredients taking it home and cooking them up! I was too tired to take a pic but we all know what they look like.

Apart from the McDonald’s fiasco we had an absolutely amazing day the 2 of us and fitted so much into the day. The boys enjoyed the mustang and Busch Gardens too! Not a clue what they ate 🙈!

Edited at 02:47 PM.
Old 19 Jan 20, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
30th July

Today we were up early as we had to take the mustang back to Disney car centre. We left Evan in bed and took Jacob with us. He wanted to go to blizzard beach again so we packed up swim gear left some food and drinks out for Evan until we got back and headed out in 2 cars. Car all dropped off fine but it was still only 8.30 and a while before blizzard beach opened our thoughts turned to our stomachs. For all the years we’ve been coming I’ve been trying to get to Perkins as I remember going with my parents years ago. So I suggested for breakfast and boy were glad we went we really enjoyed it and it was so cheap too!

Dave and I had Eggs in the hole me with bacon and Dave with sausage and we swapped the hash browns for breakfast potatoes. Jacob actually decided against pancakes and went for a kids breakfast!

All full we headed to blizzard beach for a few hours. We needed some petrol on the way home and went to Wawa where I’d heard about the make your own sandwiches so I give it a whirl. It was around $3.50 it was ok but I think it was what I put on it, you’d have to trial and error like subway until you found your perfect sub 😂

We chilled in the afternoon before heading to Texas Roadhouse for tea and then planned on going to see fantasmic spoiler alert we never got there due to the rain! We never got there the rest of the trip 😳🙄!

Anyway Texas Roadhouse was good as always. We got the sweet bread rolls first which are too sweet for me and cinnamon butter 🤢 I detest cinnamon so dave and Jacob devoured these!

I gorged on the monkey nuts instead love these!

I had chicken and mushroom sauce with 2 sides of mash and brown gravy (mash and brown gravy is my favourite thing ever in America) in the end them little juvenile delinquents stole my mash and gravy and shared it between them! Horror bags! But it was delicious!

Dave had bbq chicken and fries and a side of chilli.

The kids both had mac and cheese and fries, carb overload!

I’m sure the bill was around $72 but worth it!

With the weather being rubbish and not getting to fantasmic we consoled ourselves with a twistee treats. Evan had a cone with sprinkles, me and Jacob shared a cookie dough ice cream. It was huge and pretty cheap too.

Old 19 Jan 20, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
31st July

I’m sorry to today’s lack of food reporting I took zero food pictures today so it’s stock picture 🙈

We started off having a chill morning at the villa toast and cereal and probably still finishing off the snacks from Disney they went on forever 😂! Evan and Dave were heading to Seaworld for a coaster afternoon and Jacob fancied... yep you guessed it blizzard beach! He did try typhoon lagoon 1 morning with Dave but preferred blizzard beach!

So we set off for lunch at this place...

Hence no pictures, not sure why I didn’t take pictures of our plates but you all know what goes on at the Golden Corral! It was lunch so cheaper than tea. Think it was around $40 ish and left a tip for our server. The kids love it here and we’d not been for a few years. It was nice to be fair. The last one we went on the 192 was disgusting and put me off but this one at LBV next to bahama breeze is nice and clean.

Jacob and I headed to blizzard beach and the boys to Seaworld. When the big black clouds came over we hot footed it out of there and onto the nearest bus to a resort to use our resort mugs (they last for the entire 14 days of your tickets) we ended up at Wilderness lodge. Dave and evan met us there as they had the car. We tried to go and see fantasmic but the rain never let up so we ended up at culvers the burger place. It was really nice and again not sure why no pictures, maybe my phone died 😳

Edited at 03:29 PM.
Old 19 Jan 20, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
1st August

We started the day in Perkins again! The same breakfasts but with pancakes for the kids who were both with us today!

Then Jacob and I got dropped off at yes you got it blizzard beach whilst the boys went to Seaworld!

We got picked up after a few hours and the 4 of us went to animal kingdom. We did a few rides and our fp’s before flashing our Landrys card and getting a table at Yak and Yeti. I had chicken stir fry which was huge and lovely. Dave had the Kobe burger he’s had previously and said it’s amazing. Evan the tikka massalla also had before and Jacob a kids meal of rice noodles and sweet corn strange child but he ate it all 😂.

We then drove over to the magic kingdom and done a few rides before watching the fireworks for the final time this trip. Bye magic kingdom 😔 always gives me a lump in my throat!

Old 19 Jan 20, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
2nd August

This was our last full day in America and our Disney tickets had run out so it was a chill and pack day which was good as the weather was awful! We must of just been eating the leftovers in the villa during the day. For tea we decided to find a NYPD pizza as we had heard good things! We are so glad we did! Wow what a place these pizzas are to die for! We choose 2 big pizzas a plain cheese and a meaty one! Plus 2 portions of fries.

I’m sure there is some dribble coming out of Dave’s mouth there 😂😂

We didn’t manage them all but we took the leftovers in a box and the kids had them in the car the next day driving to Miami for our flight home which they devoured cold little cretins 😂

We will definitely be back here and I’m sure it was only around $50 all in with drinks too! Try it out amazing!