Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports
Ocean Florida
Unread 26 Jul 19, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Flower2603
Imagineer

Flower2603's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 24
Mobile

Woohoo, I知 in!

I love POFQ, love the DDP, and love RPH so really looking forward to following.

You池e going to have the best time!

August 2008 - All Star Sports/Tradewinds, St. Pete
Aug. 2010 - Beach Club/RPH Aug. 2012 - Beach Club!
August 2015 - RPH/POFQ
October 2017 - Newport Bay DLP August 2018 Tokyo Disney
Flower2603 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
5 do WDW for my 50th Birthday!
Unread 26 Jul 19, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 11
Originally Posted by Wismgari View Post
Excited to follow along Especially looking forward to Max's buffet plates!
I knew everyone was just here for the Max plates

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Looking forward to this! Have a great trip! You値l love RPR, it痴 a lovely hotel and great being able to walk to the parks.
Thanks staying at RPR will be a fun perk, we've not done universal with the FOLP before so I'm really looking forward to that.

Originally Posted by Flower2603 View Post
Woohoo, I知 in!

I love POFQ, love the DDP, and love RPH so really looking forward to following.

You池e going to have the best time!
POFQ does seem to be a resort that people love. I think it's going to be a great size for us I'm looking forward to 1 bus stop only after staying at the larger resorts.

Currently writing The Bare Necessities Summer 2019

All my old trip reports are here in one place
Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
POFQ been and gone, back to CBR
Unread 26 Jul 19, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
Imagineer

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Yay, I feel famous getting a mention in the intro😂

I知 looking forward to your report. Especially the cocktails, you set that bar high! I didn稚
Live up to your expectations in my report.

I bet your parents will love it, my mil had a ball at Christmas!

Looking forward to hearing how you enjoy RPR, Universal and express passes. It was game changing for us. If you love it you should think about upgrading to annual passes to use for next years trip, best thing we ever did.
Unread 26 Jul 19, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
MaryMendes
Proud to wear my Ears

I知 a newbie here but following along should nicely take me up to the start of my next Orlando trip.
MaryMendes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our WDW Holiday.
Unread 26 Jul 19, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Yay, I feel famous getting a mention in the intro😂

I知 looking forward to your report. Especially the cocktails, you set that bar high! I didn稚
Live up to your expectations in my report.

I bet your parents will love it, my mil had a ball at Christmas!

Looking forward to hearing how you enjoy RPR, Universal and express passes. It was game changing for us. If you love it you should think about upgrading to annual passes to use for next years trip, best thing we ever did.
I've scoured your snack list, loads of ideas and I really must try the num num cookie and the key lime pie on a stick.

Plus I love the chili fries with queso and I'm thinking I might need to sample them all to see which are the best

Yep, I hope to report back that my parents has a ball as well.

I may have had a similar thought about the APs

Oh, and I will be doing my usual note taking! I'm sure you can manage a brilliant full trip report, just the 2,500 photos alone will be enough to help the memory.

Originally Posted by MaryMendes View Post
I知 a newbie here but following along should nicely take me up to the start of my next Orlando trip.
Welcome aboard. I'm glad you are joining in the fun.

Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 26 Jul 19, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Dutchdisneyfan
slightly serious Dibber

Have a lovely time!
Dutchdisneyfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Trip nr 7, OKW here we come...
Unread 26 Jul 19, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Dutchdisneyfan View Post
Have a lovely time!
Thank you, I'm sure we will

Unread 26 Jul 19, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
What will we be eating?

I致e tried to include some of our favourites from previous trips, but also restaurants that will be new to us.

Character meals

There are four of these in the plan.

Garden Grill breakfast we love Garden Grill, but we致e never had breakfast there. This is our one and only breakfast ADR. I am so looking forward to that skillet! Of course, we want to meet Mickey (Tusker is a brilliant restaurant, we致e done breakfast and dinner there, but not this trip ).

Crystal Palace Kate has to meet Pigletand this is the only place, we like the dinner buffet especially the carvery.

Cinderella痴 Royal Table one of Mum痴 requests was to eat inside the castle. We haven稚 been here for few years so that will be a nice return for us.

Storybook Dining this is our final character meal and a new choice for us as this opened after our trip in 2018. I知 looking forward to meeting the dwarfs!

1 credit meals

Tony痴 Town Square parade package new to all of us. I知 hoping this will be a good meal as it痴 our first day in MK. In the past it hasn稚 had good reviews, but a few food reports have said that it痴 better now and so I thought we would give it a try.

Biergarten again a new one for us. Again one I have had ADRs for in the past, last time this ended up being ditched for 前hana. But not this time.

Chef痴 de France this is also new to us. I壇 seen this a few times in other food reports and the food looks really tasty, this will be our last ADR at WDW so we can wave farewell to Illuminations .

Beaches and Cream purely for the Kitchen Sink. It defeated us last year, but I知 hopeful with the additional help we will make it to the bottom of the sink. For anyone who is managing to keep track of the credits situation. This will be OOP.

Signature meals

I decided that having a few more signatures (2 credit meals) would be a good idea as there would be a few days off from having ADRs which would give us a bit more flexibility. So we have four 2 credit meals, CRT mentioned above and

Hoop Dee Doo Revue a new one for us and this looks like it is so much fun.

Narcoossee痴 another new one for us. I had a reservation for this last year but cancelled it a couple of days before we went in place of Skippers Canteen which was great but I'm not cancelling this trip In fact I致e pretty much made up my mind I知 going to order the Surf and Turf. Sirloin steak and lobster tail

California Grill we致e done the brunch and we really loved it. We haven稚 had dinner here though so this will be a first for us.

Quick service and snacks

There are so many that I want to go back to and new ones I want to try out.

I really liked the chilli cheese waffle fries and these are a must.

The cinnamon bun from Gaston's tavern is a brilliant breakfast option, as is the Cheshire Cat's Tail.

And well, chocolate covered anything is always good

Max's Favourites

Max has picked the ice cream from Crystal Palace as a favourite, actually all the ice creams.

Breakfast at BOG is going to be repeated on our first day. The kids are hoping to trick Grandad into eating the 'chocolate' muffin

They both are looking forward to healthy breakfasts

Max has 3 main food groups, nuggets, pizza and ice cream. He tends to avoid a burger as they have bits in (salad!).

Max is also pretty partial to the chocolate milk.

Kate's favourites

Kate is more adventurous with her choices. She liked the sushi and is very keen to have this again.

Her favourite savoury snack is a Mickey Pretzel with Cheese and her favourite sweet snack is an ice cream sandwich.

She also really likes the nachos.

Her favourite meal was the pulled pork sandwich at House of Blues and I've found out they serve this at the QS outside it.

She loved the popcorn she got from Karamel Kuche as that lasted for days.

She is also keen to try the cake pops again.

Dave wasn稚 really engaging in the discussion and didn稚 want to commit himself, but I think that痴 because he can稚 really remember the food too well and the holiday is still a bit too far off to be talking about.

More of Max's buffet plates

When the kids were looking through all the photos from last year to remember what their favourites were Max spotted some more of his buffet plates. I had told him you were all looking forward to his buffet plates so now he feels like a celebrity These are from California Grill Brunch! Seriously, he had 2 chocolate croissants, an orange, a bread stick and a piece of a crisp. I dread to think what the individual cost of each item. If we had paid for that in cash I'd have been

Right that's it for today's installment. 3 days to go.

Orlando Attraction Tickets