Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Jul 19, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Markpc2013
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gipsy 4 View Post
Did you tell them you were going away? I thought you didn’t have to anymore but I could be wrong
They removed that function from the app and emailed customers saying we didn’t have to but stories like the OP’s are worrying... To be fair though, i’ve used mines over 7 holidays the last few years all without any problems so hopefully it’s a one off
US 192 - Feb 1994; I-Drive- Feb 07; Fairfield Inn - June 10; Oakpoint Circle V - June 11; Homewood Suites - July 12; Calabay Parc V- June 14; Esprit Estates V - June 15; CBR - April 16; Hyatt Place, Drury's & Bridgewater V - Sept 16; CBR & V US27 - Apr 17; Eagle Pointe V - Nov 17; Lindfields V - Apr 18; Pop C- Nov 19; Universal & Cruise - Feb 20; Rosen Inn & PB- Nov 21; H2S I-Drive - Apr 22; SSR & HI S535 - Sept 22.
Markpc2013 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Have been using HC for dozens of trips. Probably thousands of transactions and only had a single decline. The txted me and I had to txt back. Solved in less than a minute while I was at the till.
Never once told them I was going away (it doesn't make any difference as the fraud rules are implemented by their PSP - not bu Halifax themselves and these cat easily be changed. Same for all cards.
tspill is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Trebor1
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bobby_1970 View Post
I told them while I was on the phone with them that I wasn't actually getting to see any attractions or rides. Thanks to their card lol.
Can't you make the people who take the card as payment to do it by chip n pin or contactless?
Trebor1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Mine didn’t work last year the first day until I spent half an hour the phone to them.
Old 28 Jul 19, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobby_1970
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Mobile

I never told them I was coming. They tried to tell me on the phone that they had tried calling. However I told them that I had updated my phone number prior to traveling as I have a different sim in my phone over here. So they clearly didn't use that info. I told them that I wouldn't be recommending them to anyone at this rate as I had lost the first hour in the park while trying to sort this out. I have since made two purchases for pretzels/ice cream. Asked both it I could do chip and pin, both were surprised and said they would just swipe it. Which they did and it worked. Could be worth calling before traveling to double check I guess.
Bobby_1970 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Trebor1
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Sounds like it's worth calling before going away just to be safe.
Old 28 Jul 19, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

I’ve mostly used chip and pin. I’ve been advised at the till to insert my card by staff members.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
silver_age
Excited about Disney

I can barely remember having to swipe my card to use it. Is this where it prints a receipt out and you have to sign it? Seems a bit archaic if they have the chip and pin facility on the machine.
silver_age is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Trebor1 View Post
I'd just get a bit firm with them. Make sure they let you use chip n pin or contactless.
This.

Tell the retailer you need to use chip and pin. It's security protecting your card.

Or go the cash machine and get some cash out. You'll incur interest but better than being left without a payment method.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Trebor1
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Blue nose View Post
This.

Tell the retailer you need to use chip and pin. It's security protecting your card.

Or go the cash machine and get some cash out. You'll incur interest but better than being left without a payment method.
Indeed. If they swiped and it declined I'd insist on contactless or chip and pin. Or I'd insist on contactless in the first instance
Trebor1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List