Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 13 Aug 19, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

A personal shopper is someone who shops on a person's behalf. Whatever they call themselves, they are sellers who buy stock to sell on as any retailer would do.

It's not something we, as a personal shopping service, do at all.
angelbabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 19, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
ELLENUT
Imagineer

OMG no wonder there was nothing in the Character warehouse shops last month whhen we went. I just thought they had gone downhill and werent getting much in I didn't realise this went on, what a shame
1992: Days Inn Lakeside 1994:HOliday inn Maingate East 2006:Pop Century 2008:Saratoga Villas 2010:Regal oaks 2013:Indian Ridge Villa 2015:BA Club,Disney,POR,Villa, RPR,2016 United business, Sunset Ridge villa 2019: Virgin, 4 Corners Villa 2023: CSR & 4 Corners Villa again!
ELLENUT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
derenstar
Apprentice Imagineer

I’ve just watched Prince Charming Dev’s latest video on Youtube posted today (he is a personal shopper). It seems Disney are now limiting purchase to two per customer

Edited at 08:12 PM.
derenstar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
CosmicGirl
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by derenstar View Post
I’ve just watched Prince Charming Dev’s latest video on Youtube posted today (he is a personal shopper). It seems Disney are now limiting purchase to two per customer:
That's only the old-school Mickey & Minnie plushes, not on all merchandise. That's why he says he'll try to go back with other people to get more of the plushes.

Edited to add: Liz Linen also put a video up and she says they increased the limit from 1 to 2 on the plushes.

Edited at 07:40 PM.
CosmicGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
derenstar
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by CosmicGirl View Post
That's only the old-school Mickey & Minnie plushes, not on all merchandise. That's why he says he'll try to go back with other people to get more of the plushes.

Edited to add: Liz Linen also put a video up and she says they increased the limit from 1 to 2 on the plushes.
At 12.00-12:12 he says Disney are limiting people to two per person and goes on to say he agrees with that. He doesn’t say that was just in relation to the plushes. I think he mentions the plushes because that’s what he bought.
derenstar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
CosmicGirl
Apprentice Imagineer

At 12.00-12:12 he says Disney are limiting people to two per person and goes on to say he agrees with that. He doesn’t say that was just in relation to the plushes. I think he mentions the plushes because that’s what he bought.
He also says he picked up a bunch of pink ears but only two silver pairs.

And if you watch the Liz video you will see that people in line have more than 2 of each item in their baskets.
CosmicGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
derenstar
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by CosmicGirl View Post
He also says he picked up a bunch of pink ears but only two silver pairs.

And if you watch the Liz video you will see that people in line have more than 2 of each item in their baskets.
Gosh yes, you’re right. That’s a bit of a shame that they’re not limiting across the board but it’s a start for the most popular items I guess. Looks like going on Wednesday morning is the best time as that’s when they get their deliveries.
Old 14 Aug 19, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
CosmicGirl
Apprentice Imagineer

Gosh yes, you’re right. That’s a bit of a shame that they’re not limiting across the board but it’s a start for the most popular items I guess. Looks like going on Wednesday morning is the best time as that’s when they get their deliveries.
They get deliveries every single day.
Old 15 Aug 19, 02:16 AM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

I’ve just watched Prince Charming Dev’s latest video on Youtube posted today (he is a personal shopper). It seems Disney are now limiting purchase to two per customer:
a lot of the stock in there is the same as start of last week, so they must have boxes and boxes of the stuff.
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 12:28 AM  
Link to this Post
johnny1352
Imagineer

johnny1352's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by debbiebee View Post
Cast members definitely knew the bulk buyers last week while we were in there. One family had an entire pull along cart full of merchandise. Bulk quantities of cuddlies had been placed behind the cash registers and were handed straight to them (items that were nowhere to be seen on the shop floor). The lady at the till made a huge fuss of the little girl with this family, and after it had all gone through she said see you all again soon. They definitely know it’s happening. It’s definitely bulk buying assisted by cast members. Definitely made us feel it wasn’t worth shopping there any more, which is a shame as I’ve picked up loads of lovely bits and pieces from the outlets on previous trips x
We have just come back from the outlet at top of I drive and a cm passed a shopper 6 yes 6 large bin bags of Micky and Minnie plushes. People stood and looked and none were left for anyone else to buy.
The woman then stood outside with her haul and took one plush out and took a photo smiling with a thumbs up.

The shelves were empty with hardly any stock and you could se the look on people’s faces when the bags were handed over.