Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 10 Aug 19, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
ashilda
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile 4 people, 2 weeks, 1 room! Offsite trip report, IOA & citywalk.

Report for Thursday 8th our first full day.

We tried the free hotel breakfast, I rated it a 3 out of 10 everyone else says 5 but they're not as fussy as me.
There were 4 big urns of coffee, 1 of water for tea then a 'juice' machine which was the usual syrup flavoured water that only kids like! There was dry scrambled egg, skinless sausages and cubed potatoes on hot plates then bread, muffins and waffles for you to toast yourself and some cereals and tinned peaches. There were individually wrapped apples which was good as lots of kids dipping their hands into things! Also mini muffins...cake for breakfast is always ok.
I had a slice of peanut butter on toast with honey, half a waffle and some peaches, it was ok.

Cecil and the kids ate a bit more

Then we drove straight to IOA, of course Cecil's sense of direction had gone on holiday too and we ended up in the staff parking so we had a bit of a delay to the day!
Our first ride was the Jurassic park one and I wasnt expecting that ending! I'm not going to talk rides etc too much as this is meant to be about food but I'll just say that I'm a wimp and that was as scary a ride as I'll be doing!
We decided to have a quick snack as I really wanted to go to Antojitos in city walk for dinner so we had some chilli cheese fries and chicken tenders with fries and shared them.

Kids bought chocolate frogs from honey dukes and I had apiece of cookie n cream fudge which was lovely. Cecil didn't want anything.

For dinner we walked over to Antojitos absolutely starving only to be told it was closed for a private event! So we went into margerittaville just because it was closest and dd was flagging. It was crazy busy and we were on the terrace so no air con. The service was so slow, I had a bahama mama and Cecil had a beer, we ordered volcano tortillas to share as a started then I was having fish tacos and Cecil was having jambalaya.

Maybe it was predictable that dd didn't like the nachos and that we wouldn't eat them all but I thought we'd do better than we did!

We realised that we couldn't eat our mains so cancelled them, it took forever kids meals to come out and they were so tired and hungry, it was too hot and very loud in there so we wouldn't go again. Same as at home ds had a burger

And dd had chicken tenders

We went back to the hotel with me grumbling all the way about wanting Antojitos fish tacos! Got back about 11pm and we all slept well.
ashilda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Think you made a good dent in the nachos 😁
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

Those nachos are massive. It's funny how you suddenly just lose all energy on the first day. Hope you got a good rest.
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 19, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

Mobile

You did well to make it to 11pm on first day, we always flag early!
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List