Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports
Holiday to Florida with Florida4less
Unread 11 Aug 19, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
sotagals
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
Doesnt sound great. Were considering dropping our breakfast ADR and just going for lunch for the experience of going in the castle. Even then we might just share the french dip - it looks like it should be enough food as its quite big!

Thanks for sharing your experience.
If on a dining plan and before 8.30 am it's worth it to get in the park early and get 1st go at sdmt.

You could easily share the sandwich. If you order an alcoholic drink you can still have as much soft drink as you like.
sotagals is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Get Fell In !
Unread 11 Aug 19, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

We must be lucky as we've eaten there loads and have always had really good food and service. It's been a couple of years since we've been though so hope things haven't gone downhill as I'm looking forward to a few lunches in October 🤞

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip 29th March - 12th April 2017
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana!
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
CBR birthday surprise trip!
Unread 11 Aug 19, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
sotagals
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
Sounds like nothing has changed. Shocking food last time we went .
The servers seemed resigned to taking food back.

The soup and the cabernet would be my choice if I ever went back at lunch
sotagals is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Get Fell In !
Unread 11 Aug 19, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
KeithOP
VIP Dibber

This fits with our feelings on BoG.

The checkin has always been pretty terse and there's always been a queue. When they had the bridge as the waiting area, some of the CMs were kinda nasty about us standing near by when we hadn't yet been called. That system's stopped now apparently and they had us waiting on the bridge until called and then people got to wait inside in a special waiting area which was air conditioned but got busy quickly :/

It's surprising that as a newer addition, they didn't seem to work out how popular it would be and get the waiting sorted.

The food/service has always been as OP says. Marginally acceptable at best. Servers are busy and seem to want to turn around the tables a bit too quickly, food is often brought out by someone else who hasnt taken the order so doesnt really have that to fall back on as a check. Food often wrong or cold and although it gets whisked away, it often comes back luke warm after a wait :/

I like the theming, but the food/service isn't the best and given the price, it really should be better!
KeithOP is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Aug 19, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
sotagals
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
We must be lucky as we've eaten there loads and have always had really good food and service. It's been a couple of years since we've been though so hope things haven't gone downhill as I'm looking forward to a few lunches in October 🤞
I didn't mean this to be completely negative. We enjoyed the surroundings and a sit down.

If you catch them at the right moment it could be good. My open faced croissant breakfast was on the verge of being delicious.

It's just that because of sending stuff back we didn't all get to eat at the same time.

Edited at 02:35 PM.
Get Fell In !
Unread 11 Aug 19, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
sotagals
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gipsy 4 View Post
What time did you arrive at MK?
Our reservation was for 8.00. We were walking up Main street just after 7.30

We joined the back od the line for sdmt at 8.55. DD was further up the line, she was impatient to ride.
Get Fell In !
Unread 11 Aug 19, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We also had breakfast and lunch on our trip- I have to say we all really enjoyed our food
Unread 11 Aug 19, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

We went for lunch 2 weeks ago. I had a reservation and I preordered. Everywhere else in MK you pay online when you preorder but we also had a queue to pay buy it was short. By preordering I think we saved about 30 minutes as the queue to order was long.

We had two French dip and a French onion soup and I though it was all tasty. I do like a French dip generally. I think food in the parks tends to be warm rather than hot but it wasnt cold.

I wouldnt rush back but we enjoyed it. Saying that I dont get the enthusiasm over the atmosphere. Weve been in two of the rooms and they were both large noisy rooms. We sat by the windows this time and saw the snow which was pretty but Im not blown away by the atmosphere.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
I Love the Glitch thread!
ResalesDVC