Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 11 Aug 19, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
purikura
Trying for More Ears

Mobile How long do you allow to get to the parks for rope drop?

Hi all
We are going to Orlando in October, during the time when the EEMH will be running. If for example we were going to do EEMH in Magic Kingdom at 7, what time would you try to arrive at MK (as I know that for non-EEMH days they usually open Main Street early - but do they still do this for days with the magic hours?)? Also how long do you give yourself from leaving the hotel to your aimed arrival time at a park?
Similarly I was wondering how long it tends to take to get from a park back to your resort using the buses, mainly at times during the middle of the day?
purikura is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by purikura View Post
Hi all
We are going to Orlando in October, during the time when the EEMH will be running. If for example we were going to do EEMH in Magic Kingdom at 7, what time would you try to arrive at MK (as I know that for non-EEMH days they usually open Main Street early - but do they still do this for days with the magic hours?)? Also how long do you give yourself from leaving the hotel to your aimed arrival time at a park?
Similarly I was wondering how long it tends to take to get from a park back to your resort using the buses, mainly at times during the middle of the day?
Depends on so much..

We have a car even when on site as it’s quicker to every park except MK, at MK we allow at least 25 minutes from parking to get to the entrance, not sure if this helps you though
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
choccielover
Imagineer

Mobile

For buses we have been at the bus stop an hour before opening: sometimes we are there early (Hs 30 mins early today, sometimes with packed buses we’ve barely made it

Getting back depends on the park and your resort. If you are lucky and a bus is ready to be leaving as you arrive st the stop it has taken us 10 mins from Epcot to POR, 25 mins AK, 15 HS and 20 mins MK roughly
choccielover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by purikura View Post
Hi all
How you getting there if you use Disney transportation then there buses we world get a early bus and wait first bus we caught was around 6:40 I did asked to be taken to the contemporary for a snack then caught the resort mono rail to MK we where there about 7:45 and in by 8.
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

We always set off out of our room an hour beforehand. This gives us time to stroll to the bus stop. The buses are pretty regular then plenty of time through bag check.
I have never done EEMH so can’t answer the question regarding Main Street sorry.
Going back to a resort via the bus depends on how long it takes the bus to arrive. Generally it’s around 30 mins tops but last year we waited 45 mins for a bus! It was really hot and the queue was getting longer & longer. Everyone was complaining and when the bus finally arrived manners went out of the window and everyone rushed on! Ridiculous and shame on them lol
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Using Disney buses we get to the bus stop an hour before park opening as that’s when they say the buses start to run. I’ve used Uber for 7am openings so I can be sure to be there half an hour early. We do like to be right at the front and first in though.