Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 18 Aug 19, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Fefster
Excited about Disney

Cabana Bay - hearing not great reviews

I’m booked into Cabana Bay in October and I’m starting to hear about real issues with the clientele and the pool situation quite a lot now.
I’m thinking of paying the extra £500 to upgrade to avoid the, ahem, ‘floater’ situation which I understand has closed the pool every day this week.
Any thoughts or experiences of this?
Fefster is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Lili4
Looking for my Ears

Mobile

We absolutely love Cabana Bay and have not had that experience at all. We always go in October and the pools have never been closed, and we’ve had no issues with the clientele. We are returning this year and can’t wait. It’s such a fun hotel.
Lili4 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We're back again in 3 weeks😁 love it. No probs with pools or other residents on our previous visits.
Where you hearing this? Be good to hear or see this info before we go.
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Been reading about it too on the FB page. Not going to next July tho.
LOU LOU DISNEY is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
alp1972
VIP Dibber

alp1972's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We have not long come back from a 2 week stay at Cabana Bay and was not aware of anything like this and we were at the pool every day sometimes had full days by the pool as we didnt do any parks this trip . The only thing we noticed were on Saturdays it was busier around the pool think this was probably due to Americans maybe going for the weekend ? However there was still plenty of space in the pool and we had no issues what so ever .

2023: Cabana Bay & Portofino Bay 2022: Caribbean Beach Resort / Portofino Bay / Cabana Bay 2020: Coronado Springs/Portofino 2019: Cabana Bay2017: Coronado Springs & Cabana Bay
2016: New York 2015: LBV Resort and Spa & Portofino Bay 2012: LBV Resort and Spa 2010: San Francisco, Las Vegas and St Lucia, Honeymoon
alp1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Fridays and Saturdays there are certainly some younger locals that check-in. (18-25?) but it didn’t bother us. If you want to avoid this, I would recommend RPR
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
16offtodisney!
Apprentice Imagineer

We go tomorrow... hopefully the secret pooper has gone home 🤣
DLP Newport bay Sept 2008,DLP Santa fe April 2010, Emerald Island Easter 2012,Indian Creek May 2014, Rosen inn @Pointe, Royal Pacific, Springhill Suites Christmas 2015,Port Orleans French Quarter October 2017,Cabana Bay, Doubletree @Seaworld, Allstars Movies Christmas 2018 , Cabana Bay August 2019, Enclave Suites Feb 2020, Doubletree@Seaworld Feb 2022
Sarah xx
16offtodisney! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Fefster
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by 16offtodisney! View Post
We go tomorrow... hopefully the secret pooper has gone home 🤣
Maybe it was just one family, but I hear it has been closed every day this week. It made me think they do not have a separate kids pool or an adult pool and maybe another hotel would be better for us.

I've cancelled it now and I'm starting to think about other hotels. I got a quote from Virgin for 4 nights in October at Portofino Bay for £264 a night. This seems not too bad. What do you think?
Fefster is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
16offtodisney!
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Fefster View Post
Maybe it was just one family, but I hear it has been closed every day this week. It made me think they do not have a separate kids pool or an adult pool and maybe another hotel would be better for us.

I've cancelled it now and I'm starting to think about other hotels. I got a quote from Virgin for 4 nights in October at Portofino Bay for £264 a night. This seems not too bad. What do you think?
Im hoping it was just one family, we were there at xmas, and didnt witness any poop incidents portfino looks beautiful, we are going to definitely visit there this holiday
DLP Newport bay Sept 2008,DLP Santa fe April 2010, Emerald Island Easter 2012,Indian Creek May 2014, Rosen inn @Pointe, Royal Pacific, Springhill Suites Christmas 2015,Port Orleans French Quarter October 2017,Cabana Bay, Doubletree @Seaworld, Allstars Movies Christmas 2018 , Cabana Bay August 2019, Enclave Suites Feb 2020, Doubletree@Seaworld Feb 2022
Sarah xx
16offtodisney! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
As said seems like an isolated incident with an inconsiderate party, if multiple times. ONce can happen to anyone with a small child , but multiple times is not the norm. They do close pools for 24 hours after putting chemicals in, so it is also good to see that safety is important to them. They do have 2 pools, so there will still be somewhere to swim.
fredflintstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List