Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Aug 19, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
Stop trying to be who you used to be and embrace who you are now
Send those old clothes to the charity shop and get new ones
You sound like you are keeping healthy and active 👍🏻

I have found with age it’s the drop in energy levels that have the effect
God willing I am healthy and active, but there is no way I want to stay this size and my clothes, I love so much, so want to get into them again one day.
Due to my brutal chemo, my energy levels are shot to pieces and what it has done to my body is awful.

Ten minutes on my cross trainer I was absolutely soaked, but I am going to try and get fit and slimmer again.

If I keep off the wine, I will keep off the crisps...that's my new mantra...
x
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mymemories View Post
I now 55 and have been menopausal for about 9 years and the weight the last 3 years has just crept up.

My low point came last September when we went to WDW with very good friends and I felt my body just completely failed me. Apart from the hot flushes I felt weak and fat and as if my body was just useless. When we got back home I decided enough was enough and I needed to take back control so I started with a personal trainer for 2 or 3 30 minute sessions a week. To date I’ve lost 23lbs but more importantly I feel and am strong. I’ve regained a strong core that can hold my body up and by lifting weights I can now bench press 40kg which is a big deal for me.

There is no magic solution or light bulb moment just a lot of bloody hard work and sheer will power.
Well done you, I TOTALLY agree, when I lost 3 and a half stone when I was in my 30's... I literally wore my Cross Trainer out, I felt so healthy and so trim. Plus everyone said I looked years younger.

xx
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
floridaaddict
Getting Excited

Mobile

Nicksgirl - have you heard of “5k Your Way, Move Against Cancer”
It’s a collaboration with the Park Run and happens on the last Saturday of each month.
I’ve just signed up to be an Ambassador!
Old 21 Aug 19, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
married2mm
Imagineer

married2mm's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Nicksgirl View Post
God willing I am healthy and active, but there is no way I want to stay this size and my clothes, I love so much, so want to get into them again one day.
Due to my brutal chemo, my energy levels are shot to pieces and what it has done to my body is awful.

Ten minutes on my cross trainer I was absolutely soaked, but I am going to try and get fit and slimmer again.

If I keep off the wine, I will keep off the crisps...that's my new mantra...
x
10 minutes on a cross trainer is darn hard work..

I too would love to know the magic answer & quite clearly there isn’t one or the diet/fitness industry wouldn’t exist. 😚

As a pp stated start with your mindset from now-not a previous you.
I know that’s easier to say than actually do.
I cried at physio as I couldn’t manage a calf stretch and used to be able to easily manage all kinds of lunges & stretches.

My body has really only once been slim & fit & that was 20+ years ago.
I know I’m never going to manage that again.
My goal is to work with what I’ve got & feel happier.
I have donated all my non fitting clothes & shoes.
It was totally pointless keeping them.

It’s literally one day at a time.
I’ve just completed my chair exercises for the day.
married2mm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

I put weight on and didn’t feel right for me. I was doing a lot of exercise but nothing was changing. I thought perhaps it was just Middle Aged spread and the pleasures of the menopause. I got a programme from one of the instructors - he said “this will shred! ” I think at first I was hit and miss with it and would dip in and out but I suddenly decided to stick with it and it’s really worked.
I do 3 x 10 minutes hiit. (30 secs /on 30 secs off of either rowing machine, cross trainer, watt bike, treadmill, ski urg) then I do some weights that he has given me. I’ve really stuck to it and have definitely lost weight. I’ve dropped a jeans size and my knickers are falling off 😂😂
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Tracy if you lose weight all the love new clothes you bought won't fit!
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I am going through menopause and find it so hard to lose weight, I dropped 9 pounds but was trying to lose a stone. I’m going on holiday so back on goes the 9 pounds!
Old 21 Aug 19, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida Liz
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 34
My old weighing scales packed in so I bought a new digital body fat scale. My metabolic age was 57 - I'm 51 and my body fat at obesity
That was the kick up the you know what that I needed to motive myself.
I've started a low carb diet and loving it, don't feel hungry between meals. Totally new way of eating as you have loads of good fats, I'm doing 60% fat, 25% protein & 15% carbs. Loads of fresh veg, fish, chicken, beef, sausages, bacon, eggs, full fat greek yogurt, cheese, avocados, nuts and small amounts of strawberries, raspberries, blueberries.
Stopped drinking lager and have the odd glass of wine or a gin and diet lemonade. If I want a lager I choose a lite one which has lower carbs.

I lost my mum in January this year to Alzheimer’s, she always had low fat/high sugar diet which I'm convinced is the fuel for dementia / Alzheimer’s.

I lost 10lb in 5 weeks and feeling good about myself for 1st time in a long time. (Metabolic age is now 55 so doing something right)
Old 21 Aug 19, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Florida Liz View Post
My old weighing scales packed in so I bought a new digital body fat scale. My metabolic age was 57 - I'm 51 and my body fat at obesity
That was the kick up the you know what that I needed to motive myself.
I've started a low carb diet and loving it, don't feel hungry between meals. Totally new way of eating as you have loads of good fats, I'm doing 60% fat, 25% protein & 15% carbs. Loads of fresh veg, fish, chicken, beef, sausages, bacon, eggs, full fat greek yogurt, cheese, avocados, nuts and small amounts of strawberries, raspberries, blueberries.
Stopped drinking lager and have the odd glass of wine or a gin and diet lemonade. If I want a lager I choose a lite one which has lower carbs.

I lost my mum in January this year to Alzheimer’s, she always had low fat/high sugar diet which I'm convinced is the fuel for dementia / Alzheimer’s.

I lost 10lb in 5 weeks and feeling good about myself for 1st time in a long time. (Metabolic age is now 55 so doing something right)
👍well done you and like you say feeling good about yourself 😊.
I’ve been and had my bodytrax done again tonight - get it done every 4-6 weeks - it’s only about 4 weeks but I’ve really noticed my body changing and lots of people commenting so I wanted to know and also to give me a reading before Florida.
My metabolic age when I started last year was 54 - (I was 49) and I was “obese” - my metabolic age has come down and tonight it’s 42! I’m well chuffed!
Also I’ve lost another 2.2 kilo in 4 weeks. So it’s all going in the right direction and really spurring me on to keep going.
The thing is I had bought new holiday shorts - and they were too big. Had to buy new ones I’d dropped a whole size but I’ve been loosing more and haven’t tried them since I hope they fit. I’d also dropped a dress size which pleased me when I bought holiday clothes.
It made me feel really good because I remember trying stuff of last time and being really disheartened because the shorts I had were too small. But annoyed really because I threw them away. I didn’t want to be reminded they didn’t fit but tbh they probably would now.
Well done to us all!
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I’m 60 and losing weight through the menopause is definitely harder work. I found I was hungrier because I was tired. Also my shape changed, you lose weight from your legs and arms and it goes to your middle.
I’ve changed the way I eat, I count calories making sure I have enough protein, fibre and good fats. I’ve also stopped eating anything that leads to craving more e.g. chocolate or foods I couldn’t seem to have small portions of like pasta.
So far I have lost over two stone and it’s the easiest weight I have ever lost.
Keep trying different things until you find something that works for you. 👍 Good luck everyone.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List