Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
QuickSilver
Unread 24 Aug 19, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Dayle
Imagineer

Yes our summer days in the parks are similar to Bevs we may return to a park in the evening just for a wander. We have done full days in October or September but it is very different in the summer heat and humidity.
Dayle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Belated 21st Trip
Unread 24 Aug 19, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Very Serious Dibber

That seems a very long time for lunch, how are you spending two hours on it? Dont the kids get bored?
aqualiv is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
DD is coming to Disney!
Unread 24 Aug 19, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

JoJo88's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mine are now 16 & 13, and after the first three trips, (starting when they were 4 & 6) which were very park centred, we now dont do Disney at all and sometimes do no parks! This year we only did Busch, as they much prefer relaxed days doing whatever we fancy.

As for the bickering, they do that wherever we are, I can just cope with it better if Im not traipsing round a hot park that Ive paid to get into
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
All over for another year...
Unread 24 Aug 19, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

That's a long day for anyone, let alone two young children. As adults, we wouldn't want to do a 10 hour park day, and neither would our children (older teens). What we find works well for us is to spend a few hours at a park in the morning, then go back to our resort for pool time, and then head out to a different park for a few hours on the evening if we fancy it. I've found that children, especially younger ones, can enjoy pool time just as much, if not more, than park time. It's just about finding the right balance that works for you

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip 29th March - 12th April 2017
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana!
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
CBR birthday surprise trip!
Unread 24 Aug 19, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mine pick at each other constantly , always have they are now 18 and 15 . It gets no better at all. Sorry .
From what you say its part of the reason we delayed going to Orlando until they were older ( I know personal choice but it worked for us ) and chose oct/nov as I couldnt cope in the heat in summer let alone them. Both managed it better because it was like a summers day here. I couldnt do a theme park here on a hot day so wouldnt expect them to either if Im honest . We have longer park days because its cooler but still go by how the kids feel even now and us . If someones had enough we leave , no point hanging around to end up arguing but mine are older so will say they have had enough. I agree I think some of its boredom for them rather than tiredness and parents wanting value for money to justify the cost ( trust me Ive done it myself) , but the kids love a beach and a pool ! Take them anywhere in the world with one and they are happy for some reason. Weve just come back from Sicily and my 15 lived in the pool at the villa .
Hope it works out for you for the rest of the holiday ,perhaps let the kids choose what the6 want to do tomorrow . X
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Yacht club, Bahama Bay , Poly :)
Unread 24 Aug 19, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We only do half days at the parks in the summer months. Way to busy and hot. We do return in the evenings for the shows and fireworks😀
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our WDW Holiday.
Unread 24 Aug 19, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

Originally Posted by Procrastinator View Post
Todays was the longest park day in the plan as we like the first 90 mins of a park of short queues and we could only get fop at 6pm. So yes it is a long day time wise, but i tried to manage the length of time with no fast walking to get to a FP, there was a 2 hour air con buffet lunch. Between 3 and 5 we were just sat watching lion king and nemo shows.

Might just have to accept 4-5 hours is max in a park under any circumstances, no matter how gently the day is managed.
Regardless of queue times etc they could just be overwhelmed

James is 5 he's been to Florida twice and Mexico once
Much prefers Mexico lol but we prefer Florida and we pay so we just put up With the moaning.
Unread 24 Aug 19, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
In all honesty they probably would.
I said only half jokingly that we could have skipped the parks as the kids preferred the pool last year . The vote for the things they liked best was pool for the two bigger ones but the four year old decided for her meeting princesses just won it ove! Second best came ... Typhoon Lagoon. Vote taken on the way to MCO on the last day.
We tended to do half days in the parks , frankly in the summer heat , that's more than enough.
Our kids had their times when one or other wasn't happy with which ride we had fastpassed. We found it difficult some days to get more fastpasses once our 3 were used (either no top-tier rides available or a 3hr gap for next ride), so a lot of the days our kids would prefer to go back to the villa for pool time. I think one of our best days was Blizzard Beach (as effectively the kids are entertained without queuing etc), and pool time at RPR. I remember saying to DH we shouldve planned all water park/pool days!
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Take me back, pleeeeeaaase!
Orlando Attraction Tickets