Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Aug 19, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

Originally Posted by Procrastinator View Post
Todays was the longest park day in the plan as we like the first 90 mins of a park of short queues and we could only get fop at 6pm. So yes it is a long day time wise, but i tried to manage the length of time with no fast walking to get to a FP, there was a 2 hour air con buffet lunch. Between 3 and 5 we were just sat watching lion king and nemo shows.

Might just have to accept 4-5 hours is max in a park under any circumstances, no matter how gently the day is managed.
Regardless of queue times etc they could just be overwhelmed

James is 5 he's been to Florida twice and Mexico once
Much prefers Mexico lol but we prefer Florida and we pay so we just put up With the moaning.
Old 24 Aug 19, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
In all honesty they probably would.
I said only half jokingly that we could have skipped the parks as the kids preferred the pool last year . The vote for the things they liked best was pool for the two bigger ones but the four year old decided for her meeting princesses just won it ove! Second best came ... Typhoon Lagoon. Vote taken on the way to MCO on the last day.
We tended to do half days in the parks , frankly in the summer heat , that's more than enough.
Our kids had their times when one or other wasn't happy with which ride we had fastpassed. We found it difficult some days to get more fastpasses once our 3 were used (either no top-tier rides available or a 3hr gap for next ride), so a lot of the days our kids would prefer to go back to the villa for pool time. I think one of our best days was Blizzard Beach (as effectively the kids are entertained without queuing etc), and pool time at RPR. I remember saying to DH we should’ve planned all water park/pool days!
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
katy341
Imagineer

Mobile

Our kids are older than yours 14, 14, 12, 11 and we still do the ...up early back to pool for a couple hours mid afternoon especially when it's hot then back to the park for night time. It breaks the day up, allows for a proper cool off in the water and even a half hr lie down if needs be. We also give them some money each day. They know that when it's gone it's gone so that sorts the wanting to buy everything issue! I get hammering the parks especially when theres little queues but for sanity reasons we do it this way lol x
katy341 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

I would have struggled with that plan, sorry 😊 I planned 2 days for each park, 1 day got early fastpasses so morning day, 1 day late fastpasses so park about 3. We still got all the rides and shows we wanted to see but had some lovely time around the pool and for us we love shopping time factored in.
It is a holiday, meant for relaxation and quality family time, I know the tickets cost a fortune but a I think 5 hours a day is enough especially in the Florida humidity
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
paw
Imagineer

Our first visit, way back in 1989, our two were 7 and 12. It was going to be our only visit and had long, long days opening to midnight or even later. No fast passes and lots of long queues. How we managed I’ll never know but I do remember certain places, like The Hall of Presidents and the Riverboat, were our friends. The kids just used to sleep. Our next trip was 3 weeks and very slow paced.
paw is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Mobile

I think another issue is that on holiday you and they are together 24 hours a day for two weeks - far longer than you’d usually be. I’m currently on holiday in Ireland with DH. Much as I love him, to be together for so long with no breaks can be very wearing! We try to schedule half days apart where we can - I go to the shops or a cinema/theatre matinee, he goes and looks at trains/churches!

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by Posiesmum View Post
I think another issue is that on holiday you and they are together 24 hours a day for two weeks - far longer than you’d usually be. I’m currently on holiday in Ireland with DH. Much as I love him, to be together for so long with no breaks can be very wearing! We try to schedule half days apart where we can - I go to the shops or a cinema/theatre matinee, he goes and looks at trains/churches!
You see we would never have done that on holiday. With work and things like Cubs and sports events we never got to spend quality time as a 4 unless we where on holiday so that's what we went away for. No kids clubs, no going off doing separate things. For us holidays was about being a family.
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Mine are much older but would still be moaning If we stayed at a park 9 til 7 in the summer heat (especially animal kingdom which seems to be hotter than the other parks). A few hours and they’ve had enough and want to cool down.

Our favourite Disney days are when we going to the waterparks in the day and the theme parks in the evening (if they’re open late enough) or park for a few hours in the morning then the water park or pool in the afternoon (weather permitting).
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

As as solo adult I could never spend that much time in the parks - it would be way too much for me, particularly in that heat. I either go out about 8.30 and stay till about 3.00 or go out about 12.00 and stay until about 8.00.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We did 9-12.30 with our four year old. Long enough the. Room sleep pool and out for dinner in the evening
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List