Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Aug 19, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
janeywaney
VIP Dibber

janeywaney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Dibbing From OKW

Morning all

We arrived last night have been up since 3.45 am I shouldn't really expect any different really!

Harriet is still in her bed, DH is snoring away DS and I sat her just had breakfast and surfing the web.

We had a pretty decent travel day, however we had a dire night in the Hilton on Thursday

We were astounded at the cost of the food! Harriet wanted a ham sandwich £9.00 it came with fries, I asked for no salad, it came with salad that was so soggy it ran into the bread and she was almost sick when she took a bite. They took it back and replaced it but she had been put off by it and refused to eat another bite.
DH had a chicken tikka masala which was swimming in grease, DS had a tofu & 3 bean chilli that he said was just tasteless I had fish and chips that had been standing for a while, the batter was soft and spongy and the whole plate full of food was dire. £67.89 for the privilege
The drinks OMG 1 house red one house white and a pint of boddingtons £23.11. Harriet had a lemonade £2.20 for not even a half a pint!

We did Twiligt check in at Manchester, painless experience took all of 10 minutes tops, we took the courtesy bus over to the terminal check the bags in, popped to gregs and the spar to buy some sandwiches so that we didn't go to bed hungry as none of us finished the meal in the hotel. Called the courtesy transportation they came within 2 minutes to pick us up. We had a lovely driver named Andrew he was a credit to the Hilton, that's the only member of staff that was to be honest.

Everyone showered/bathed into bed nice and early. 2am the room went really hot, so hot that we we struggling to breathe We had the air con on the lowest setting and it made no difference, the window was open it still made no difference. I wanted to go to reception but DH said no we will manage as didn't want a very excited 6 year old girl having to wake up to be moved rooms or wait until the air con was fixed.

We didn't sleep at all and were like zombies at 7am when we left the room (apart from Harriet who managed to sleep through thankfully.)
When we checked out we were asked if we had enjoyed our stay I said no and said about how hot the room was, she said we should have called down and they would have sent maintenance up, I pointed out we had a small child with us and didn't want to disturb her. We have a room booked for the Hilton the night before we fly to Fuerteventura in February but to be honest don't think we will visit that particular hotel again. It was very clean, but one of the most expensive Airport hotels we have stayed in, and totally not worth the money we paid. We normally stay in the Crowne Plaza but they couldn't fit us all in one room!

Anyway as we had already got rid of the luggage we went straight to departures and although we had Fast track through security they checked everyone of our bags lol.

We mad a quick trip through duty free, picked up our click and collect orders and made our way to the escape lounge. Harriet called her mum and dad and was so excited! Soon it was time to go for boarding we left from stand A10 which seemed like miles from the lounges!

We were sat in !8 & & 19 A&C there were a few empty seats in the premium cabin which surprised us.

We had a fab crew the best we have every had, they couldn't do enough for us, they spoilt Harriet and we all 4 of us really

We landed in the middle of a storm, so had to sit on the tarmac for a while before we could get onto the the gate. We had to wait perhaps 30 minutes to get through immigration, our bags were already going round on the carousel so straight up to the monorail and off to meet our driver from Quicksilver, however we went to the wrong side we went to B and should have gone to A oh well lol!

We found our driver and off we set, from landing to arriving at OKW 1 hour

I checked us in DH & DS went for milk etc in the store, we then had a golf cart from bell hop bring us down to our room 4730 top floor dedicated 2 bed villa. I have to say the refurb has been done lovely and the rooms just look so much nicer now especially the bathrooms.

We had a trip to goods to go and then into the pool for half an hour to let Harriet tire herself out a bit

We were all in bed by 10

All in all a good travel day considering we had literally no sleep the night before!

Wow went on a bit there didn't I? Lol

Jane
August 06 All Star Sports, August 07 All Star Music, OKW August 08 OKW Nov 09 All Star Music Feb 10, OKW Sept 10 OKW Sept 2011 , OKW Nov 2013, Pop Cenury Sept 2014, OKW Sept 2015, OKW Nov 16, OKW Sept 17, OKW Aug 19
janeywaney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Mobile

Have a fab holiday. Bet when you are outside in the parks it feels like you are back at the Hilton again ! It was preparing you for the humidity.
Loobylou_82 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Glad you got here ok. I would have refused to pay for any of that food at the Hilton. The lot would have gone back and I would have walked out.

The drink prices albeit steep are par for the course sadly. That's one reason we use the Premier Inn. Decent food and cheap booze!

To be honest I would also pursue the room cost to be refunded. Not good enough.

But that's all in the past so enjoy your holiday now.

By the way don't have a gin and tonic at Olivia's! The tonic is flat. I sent mine back and they had to use a can for tonic. Same most places sadly.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List