Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Aug 19, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

It’s a big world, try somewhere else and hopefully you can get back to Florida in a few years. With the poor exchange rate and the Brexit uncertainty it’s a good time to have a break!
Old 24 Aug 19, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

We have been to Florida the last 3 years and couldn't afford to go this year, yes we missed it but we hired a boat and went on the Norfolk Broads for a week. We had a fantastic time, made new memories and would go again
Going back to Florida next year though lol
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

If I wanted to do just theme parks my husband would dig his heels in too. He loves Florida but whilst he enjoys the parks there's lots of other stuff he prefers.
Work on a plan that gives everyone something they want , amazing beaches, road trip, whatever and have something for everyone (including Orlando for you) . It's so easy to split stay whether it's with a different part of Florida or another part of the US ... or even a cruise.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
2waterford
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
This!

Thus I compromise and do as I'm told.
e.
Wise man 😂😂
2waterford is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Try and mix it in with other places. One year go elsewhere and then go to Florida another time. Or look at Solo trips.

There is nothing worse than going on a holiday with people who just don’t want to go there!

My OH does love Florida, but the thought of missing out on other places is huge for him. So we are going to be mixing it up with other holidays.

What about split stays? A week in Florida and a week elsewhere?

If my OH said he never wanted to go back to Florida, I would go without him to be honest, I would look at a solo trip or with friends or something and then a family holiday.

What about a road trip and California? That would incorporate Disney/universal and a different holiday? Or Japan?
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪

Edited at 02:10 PM.
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Reereef
Imagineer

Reereef's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Hmm 🤔
Personally I’ve never thought to ask my family where they’d like to go. It’s just a given that we go to Florida for the summer every year. In fact, they may not realise anywhere else exists outside of Florida.

Joking aside, I would say that a bit of compromise is good and a year off Disney won’t hurt.
Old 24 Aug 19, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
Sat chatting about Florida with dh and ds and they both said they re not bothered about going back 😫
What can I say to persuade them?
I don’t really think it’s fair to persuade them ! Have they come up with suggestions for other holidays or are they
leaving that to you ? The least they could do is research various places, costs, hotels, activities etc !
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Is it just parks they don’t want to go to? My dh isn’t much into parks, we went last year and dh and oldest went to a state park and did a Brewery tour and shopping while we went to EPcot and HS, then we all went to TL and all the kids went to IOA while we went shopping. We then headed to Cape Coral fir a week , in the past we have been to Anna Maria Island and Bradenton. There’s much more than just theme parks, see if you can reach a compromise xx
Old 24 Aug 19, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by buddog View Post
What are you feeding them? ? Who doesn't want to go back?
Me 😁

We have decided not to do Florida anymore, kids are a lot older and I want to see more of the world.
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Amy1989
Imagineer

Mobile

We have booked a holiday to spain next year but have decided to change it to florida 2021
Amy1989 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List