Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 1 May 21, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Planaholic View Post
I think if you win and can’t go, it’s then redrawn and someone else is offered it. Seem to remember reading it in the T&C’s
Have seen people asking if they can still go if not all vaccinated, so I suppose we could be on a standby list, or we've just been forgotten
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 21, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

I just tweeted royal Caribbean and they said all winners have been announced already 😭
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 21, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Originally Posted by nursetina View Post
I just tweeted royal Caribbean and they said all winners have been announced already 😭
Noo 😭

But it does beg the question what happens to these redrawn cabins when people decide they can't go

The dates and t&Cs were pretty clear so you do wonder why people entered if they can't go!

Edited at 10:03 PM.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 21, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Nic1982
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by nursetina View Post
Nooo! Guessed as much but there was still a little bit of hope!
Nic1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 21, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Nic1982
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
Noo 😭

But it does beg the question what happens to these redrawn cabins when people decide they can't go

The dates and t&Cs were pretty clear so you do wonder why people entered if they can't go!
I know. I’ve seen so many people saying they won but won’t be vaccinated in time and asking if they are still able to go?!
Nic1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Planaholic
slightly serious Dibber

There may still be hope. I emailed them and they said everyone would receive an e mail saying whether you were lucky or unsuccessful but it would take a couple of days. 🤞🤞🤞 for all of us
Old 2 May 21, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Planaholic View Post
There may still be hope. I emailed them and they said everyone would receive an e mail saying whether you were lucky or unsuccessful but it would take a couple of days. 🤞🤞🤞 for all of us
Well I'll let you all know when and if I get my e mail, as at least it gives you 20% off a cruise .
Old 2 May 21, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Ladyshopper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
Noo 😭

I wondered that too! People who won thought the email was a scam, then there was lots who wouldn't be vaccinated in time. It's not like it was just a click to enter competition, you had to fill out various things and give a preference of date etc.

Be interesting to see if anyone receives an email later on to say they have won due to other winners not taking up their prize.

I am seriously considering booking a 5 night cruise for my birthday using the 20% off discount though!
Ladyshopper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ladyshopper View Post
I wondered that too! People who won thought the email was a scam, then there was lots who wouldn't be vaccinated in time. It's not like it was just a click to enter competition, you had to fill out various things and give a preference of date etc.

Be interesting to see if anyone receives an email later on to say they have won due to other winners not taking up their prize.

I am seriously considering booking a 5 night cruise for my birthday using the 20% off discount though!
As weve not received an e mail weve not received the discount either 😫
Old 2 May 21, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Just checked the exact bit of the t&Cs

(ii) In the event that the selected participant declines the prize, or fails to respond to the Promoter’s email message within the time limit and in the manner set out in Clause 12 (i) above, the Promoter shall randomly select another winner who shall be notified and shall also be required to comply with the obligations in Clause 12 (i). If after the random selection of two winners they rejected the prize in writing or did not respond to the communication by the brand, the prize would be void.

I wonder if those of you that haven't heard are in the reserve pool? Or will they just draw again from everyone?

This Clause makes me think you're in a reserve pool

The winners will be informed via email on or before 30 April 2021, or as soon as practicable thereafter if a re-draw is required (see Clause 12 below).

Edited at 12:16 PM.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List