Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 25 May 21, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Ivegottadream
VIP Dibber

A few days Miami/Tampa/somewhere else?

Ok so I've booked the last week in August 2022 to stay at RPR for a week. We were only going to go for a week but you know how Florida trips grow!
I've been reading about decent prices for Virgin fly drive into Miami, so now I'm thinking maybe we could fly into Miami or Tampa and do a few days somewhere else first. However I have absolutely no idea where to start with this.
I'd love any suggestions or ideas about what we could do please.
Ivegottadream is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 21, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
We really enjoyed our time in Port St Lucie a few years back.

I'd literally never heard of it, but I was scanning the Atlantic coast on AirBnB, and it was where I happened to find a house-with-pool I liked the look of that had availability for the part of our trip I wanted to fill.

It was a nice chilled out time, away from the tourist hub of the Orlando area.

We did things like visit The Florida Oceanographic Society's Coastal Center - floridaocean/coastal-center, spent some time at Jensen Beach - discovermartin/communities/jensen-beach/ and another day down the coast at another beach that also had a natural lazy river, which was great fun.

We spent an evening watching the St Lucie Mets minor league baseball as well - milb/st-lucie

It's an area I'd return to and could be a good stopping-off point en route from Miami to Orlando.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 21, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Ivegottadream
VIP Dibber

Thanks for the reply Bozza. I'll check out the links. DH loves anything sport related, so would love the baseball.
Ivegottadream is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 21, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Originally Posted by Ivegottadream View Post
Thanks for the reply Bozza. I'll check out the links. DH loves anything sport related, so would love the baseball.
I'd recommend minor league baseball, if you're there during the season, at any of the teams dotted around the state.

It's a lovely and relaxed taste of American culture, that is generally ridiculously cheap. Most sides often have ticket deals that include a hot dog and drink etc.

visitflorida/en-us/t...l-florida.html

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 21, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

How funny, I’ve just replied to you on another thread saying that I think we’re doing similar trips!

We’re doing:
7 nights RPR
3 nights Fort Lauderdale
4 nights Miami Beach

Looking to do the water taxis in Fort Lauderdale and also visit Hollywood Beach, and in Miami we have lots of plans including Little Havana, a Duck Tour and fingers crossed a Miami Heat game (we’ve seen Orlando Magic before and loved it).
orlandoamber is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 21, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
anji
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
We really enjoyed our time in Port St Lucie a few years back.

I'd literally never heard of it, but I was scanning the Atlantic coast on AirBnB, and it was where I happened to find a house-with-pool I liked the look of that had availability for the part of our trip I wanted to fill.

It was a nice chilled out time, away from the tourist hub of the Orlando area.

We did things like visit The Florida Oceanographic Society's Coastal Center - floridaocean/coastal-center, spent some time at Jensen Beach - discovermartin/communities/jensen-beach/ and another day down the coast at another beach that also had a natural lazy river, which was great fun.

We spent an evening watching the St Lucie Mets minor league baseball as well - milb/st-lucie

It's an area I'd return to and could be a good stopping-off point en route from Miami to Orlando.
Good to see Port St Lucie mentioned. We have 2 nights booked there on our road trip in February!
Can you remember the name of the beach with the natural lazy river? Sounds great!

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
New England Road Trip 2019
Florida Road Trip 2022
Canada/Pacific NW Road Trip 2022
Cyprus Chill week May 2023
Road Trip California & Arizona 2023
anji is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 21, 12:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Originally Posted by anji View Post
Good to see Port St Lucie mentioned. We have 2 nights booked there on our road trip in February!
Can you remember the name of the beach with the natural lazy river? Sounds great!
I didn't, which is why I didn't link to it above, despite spending 10 minutes or so trying to figure it out.

However, you question pushed me to find out...

So Mrs B dug back through our photo library and found out we were on the mystery beach on the 7th August 2017.

I then went to Google and looked at my search history for the preceding days, as well as my Google Maps usage for the 7th August itself.

The result of all this detective work is I can now answer your question.

*** DRUM ROLL ***

It was Dubois Park. Great spot, highly recommended.

Part One
Part Two
Old 26 May 21, 01:00 AM  
Link to this Post
anji
VIP Dibber

I didn't, which is why I didn't link to it above, despite spending 10 minutes or so trying to figure it out.

So Mrs B dug back through our photo library and found out we were on the mystery beach on the 7th August 2017.

I then went to Google and looked at my search history for the preceding days, as well as my Google Maps usage for the 7th August itself.

*** DRUM ROLL ***

Excellent detective work! Thanks, will check it out!

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
New England Road Trip 2019
Florida Road Trip 2022
Canada/Pacific NW Road Trip 2022
Cyprus Chill week May 2023
Road Trip California & Arizona 2023
anji is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 21, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Ivegottadream
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
How funny, I’ve just replied to you on another thread saying that I think we’re doing similar trips!

We’re doing:
7 nights RPR
3 nights Fort Lauderdale
4 nights Miami Beach

Looking to do the water taxis in Fort Lauderdale and also visit Hollywood Beach, and in Miami we have lots of plans including Little Havana, a Duck Tour and fingers crossed a Miami Heat game (we’ve seen Orlando Magic before and loved it).
Hi! Yes, we definitely have a similar plan. Probably not thinking of Miami for August though. DH and I are booked to go there for a week in November. That was just a random lockdown madness booking but should be fun.
Old 26 May 21, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Ivegottadream
VIP Dibber

*** DRUM ROLL ***

Thanks for the extra info. Now I can spend the evening having a look and a daydream.