Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 13 Jun 21, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
FloridaAnn & Co
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LRMD View Post
I watch those vloggers they have done loads of cruises, one of the sisters also does weekly Disney Character Warehouse shopping vlogs which are great to see what merch is out there! I then found the cruise vlogs!
Oh does she really! Havent seen that! Love to watch Disney Character warehouse outlets shopping, although I want it all!
Old 13 Jun 21, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
FloridaAnn & Co
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pinkbelle View Post
Magnets are so useful on longer cruises, we use them for excursion tickets and dinner reservations. I like keeping flat services clear.

Bought hooks once because I thought they would be great if we got back with damp raincoats. Hung a coat on it and ithe magnet just slid down the wall still take them handy for sun hats and lanyards, but don’t regard hooks as a must have.
Did think they’d probably be more useful for longer cruises. By the time we unpack it will be time to pack again
Old 13 Jun 21, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FloridaAnn & Co View Post
Did think they’d probably be more useful for longer cruises. By the time we unpack it will be time to pack again
Yes! I’m trying not to take too much for my first 4 nighter. I will share my list and then update if there was anything I wish I had taken.
Have you tried or heard of packing shelves? I love them, and will be using them, Princess and P&O ships have a wardrobe system where they work really well. Saves a lot of faffing with bits and pieces unpacking.

I’m aiming to pack outfits in our rolling suit carriers. So hangers hung straight up on their existing hangers. Sandals and shoes also fit. Rolling hand luggage size case takes packed shelves, medication, sports towel, hair towel, technology, toiletries etc. Plus will take folded items like t shirts and shorts. Swim wear.

Plus a hold-all that has packing cubes of underwear/nightwear and all the bits I find essential. I think I can unpack in less then 10 minutes packing to come home takes longer, probably because my heart isn’t in it.
pinkbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 21, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
anji
VIP Dibber

I live in Southampton and we are taking part in 3 trial runs for 'cruises' for local people and Carnival employees, including Princess. We're staying on the Regal Princess for the night, docked in Southampton. These are to test their coronavirus protocols. We get a stateroom, dining, entertainment for the night and get paid to do it too! Also doing the Britannia for P&O and the Queen Elizabeth for Cunard. Very exciting! I'll let you know what I think of Princess

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
New England Road Trip 2019
Florida Road Trip 2022
Canada/Pacific NW Road Trip 2022
Cyprus Chill week May 2023
Road Trip California & Arizona 2023
anji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 21, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by anji View Post
I live in Southampton and we are taking part in 3 trial runs for 'cruises' for local people and Carnival employees, including Princess. We're staying on the Regal Princess for the night, docked in Southampton. These are to test their coronavirus protocols. We get a stateroom, dining, entertainment for the night and get paid to do it too! Also doing the Britannia for P&O and the Queen Elizabeth for Cunard. Very exciting! I'll let you know what I think of Princess
That sounds amazing, some fun nights ahead for you.
pinkbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 21, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

So are you doing Britannia before the 27th? Interested to get your feedback if you are.

Princess is great, I hope you get to see that side of it on your overnighter.
Old 13 Jun 21, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaAnn & Co
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pinkbelle View Post
Yes! I’m trying not to take too much for my first 4 nighter. I will share my list and then update if there was anything I wish I had taken.
Have you tried or heard of packing shelves? I love them, and will be using them, Princess and P&O ships have a wardrobe system where they work really well. Saves a lot of faffing with bits and pieces unpacking.

I’m aiming to pack outfits in our rolling suit carriers. So hangers hung straight up on their existing hangers. Sandals and shoes also fit. Rolling hand luggage size case takes packed shelves, medication, sports towel, hair towel, technology, toiletries etc. Plus will take folded items like t shirts and shorts. Swim wear.

Plus a hold-all that has packing cubes of underwear/nightwear and all the bits I find essential. I think I can unpack in less then 10 minutes packing to come home takes longer, probably because my heart isn’t in it.
Look forward to your list sharing 😀 Not heard of packing shelves, but will check them out now ! Maybe handy IF our Florida trip goes ahead in December 😎 Love a packing cube😀 I have also bought “quite a few” pouches to put cables etc in.
Old 13 Jun 21, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaAnn & Co
Imagineer

Have looked at our booking confirmation and it states ...

Stateroom/Cat...Guar/BD
Deck Group... Middle
Ship Zone... Aft

It’s not exactly what the TA said but...
The only one I know is aft!
Old 13 Jun 21, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

So, if I could have I would have booked a B4 category, as I love facing aft and the wake view. That wasn’t available, so I selected a BD Guarantee. Plus had the agent put on a note, just incase anyone happened to read it, asking for D701 - D710 if possible.
Look at the deck plan, the balconies on those cabins are bigger. That’s a bonus as the balconies on this class of ship is small!

I still don’t have a stateroom allocation and not expecting it anytime soon but have an upgrade notice to a DB.
Old 13 Jun 21, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

princess/deckPlans.do?shipCode=YP

I hope this works.

Not quite, but if you select D deck you can see the BD grade staterooms including the ones with the larger balconies.

Edited at 01:26 PM.