Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 24 Dec 20, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Weird Christmas Eve

For the first time in five years I haven't spent Christmas Eve morning in Gatwick airport waiting for the BA flight to MCO.

It will be a very different XMAS Dinner tomorrow (usually it is in Mythos after riding the Hulk)

Maybe we will like a traditional cold Christmas, but I'm guessing not!

Merry Christmas all!
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 20, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 1
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by 123 View Post
For the first time in five years I haven't spent Christmas Eve morning in Gatwick airport waiting for the BA flight to MCO.

It will be a very different XMAS Dinner tomorrow (usually it is in Mythos after riding the Hulk)

Maybe we will like a traditional cold Christmas, but I'm guessing not!

Merry Christmas all!
The problem is you’re not really getting a traditional Christmas either 😢
Tinkerbell 1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 20, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

I was only once in Florida on Christmas day and it seemed really odd having prime rib for dinner in the Grosvenor resort (opposite Disney springs).
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 20, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We have had one xmas day on the flight to Orlando and last year we were on Anna Maria Island and walked down the beach to a fabulous buffet!
Although it was coldish it was still awesome!

Just the two of us this year as my sister is now my parents bubble an DH family have SIL as theirs

Roll on next year!
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 20, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

In Florida for Xmas last year on the Gulf Coast. Xmas meal in Gulf Port, had brussel sprout cesear salad, delicious!
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 20, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
mrs rcch
Imagineer

We were staying in Indian Shores, think we drove to Fort de Soto, picnic on the beach 👍🏻
Sandwiches at Bridlington just isn’t the same 😀
mrs rcch is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 20, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Yes weird indeed, normally family get together at mums all the grand and great grand kids, buffet tea for about 28. And missing out on the short walk to our local pub in the village for one of the best nights of the year, people home for Christmas, kids back from uni or back from where they’re working.
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 20, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Let's hope next Xmas becomes the getaway we all dream of at the moment.
I've never been away at Xmas but was planning on going to this Xmas until it all kicked off in Feb.
Fingers crossed for somewhere warm next Xmas.
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 20, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Bartswife
Imagineer

Having spent years working in the NHS this is my first Christmas retired and obviously not working. DH being a postman is not allowed annual leave this time of year but he’s looking at retiring next year but don’t think I could bear leaving our sons and go away. We are leaving for a Caribbean cruise on first January 2022, feel guilty about leaving them behind for that!
Bartswife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 20, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

We had Christmas Day brunch at the Yacht Club last year if only ...