Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 4 Feb 21, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

I've got ours booked in for the end of the month, were trying to hold off as long as possible but she is a husky and has a double coat so will be desperate by then.
MrsEgg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 21, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

In all his 5.5 years, my boy has only been professionally groomed once 😆

But, coincidentally, he’s booked in to a local groomers tomorrow afternoon.
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 21, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Our shih tzu cross was groomed last week. We think he’s crossed with a poodle or bichon as his fur is curly but not sure what exactly as he’s a rescue (they told us he’s full shih tzu but I’ve had two shih tzus before and he’s definitely not pure shih tzu!). He had to go as his curly fringe had grown over his eyes to the point where he could barely see - I was half tempted to put a hair clip in it at one point 😂 Our groomers just asked why the groom was essential and I think him getting to the point of not being able to see counted!
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 21, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
mollybogle
Apprentice Imagineer

Our wee holly was done on Saturday after rolling in fox poo, I’m a professional groomer anyway am also mobile and still open as welfare groom shouldn’t mean that the dog is in pain from severe matting before it’s groomed. I’m in Scotland our rules aren’t quite as strict with regards to grooming.
Old 4 Feb 21, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
Poppy needs grooming badly but it’s closed, we can’t do it becasue she tries nipping when you touch her mouth area. Hates her paws being touched but tolerates the groomer doing it. Look at the state of her!
Poppy reminds me a little bit of our neighbours dog Daisy. We have walked her every day for our neighbour for the last 3 years [my wife more than myself] as he is 80 years old and has hip problems.

Old 5 Feb 21, 06:09 AM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Mobile

Our Casper went for his the other day, although I admit I much prefer him scruffy! Just not stinky 😂

dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 21, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

My daughter is a groomer and they are open. They can only do ‘welfare’ grooms at the moment, which is fine because neither of them do the decorative cuts anyway. They aren’t super busy and try to get dogs booked in on the same day so they don’t have to drive there, open up and then only do one dog. It does mean they have days when there’s no work (and no pay) but that’s self employment, I guess.