Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 6 Mar 21, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
LIZH
Imagineer

We went to Cape Town in March, the weather was lovely not to hot and pleasant to sit out in.
LIZH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 21, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
shysarah
Very Serious Dibber

shysarah's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
We’ve taken the decision to move our trip to March 2022. Only an additional £500 which seems reasonable as it is peak season in Cape Town. Feeling relieved to get it sorted, we should both be vaccinated and 🤞 travel restrictions will be eased.
Old 19 Mar 21, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Zimbabwe is amazing - we stayed at Victoria Falls Hotel doing the Hwange national park (but to be honest we had wild elephants, zebra, wart hogs around the hotel and didnt really need to visit there except for Lion)

then went to Chobe. I have friends in Zim so followed their advice an booked the safaris once there at a fraction (I mean a fraction - a $700 Safari for under $50 in local currency once there) - Chobe was amazing too and included a river safari into Namibia.

Then we moved to Zambia and stayed at Royal Livingstone - although more polished than Zim it had zebra and giraffes walking by your hotel suite
(view from suite patio door kept it closed a monkeys kept trying to get in)
our suite went down to to Zambezi where you could see and hear the falls, be see the crocs and hippos on the river (there was a short of shield on the river back to help stop them getting into hotel grounds (but looked a bit flimsy to me lol))

Its the best place I have visited in Africa for spotting albeit only did Kenya as a child.

I haven’t been to Cape Town and will visit there on next visit (and Harare which is supposed to be a fascinating city) I did Jo Berg and felt very unsafe and as such Woburn return there (or even transit at the airport)

Anything you want to ask about Zim let me know as I can ask my friend out there for you if I don’t know

Edited at 09:41 AM.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 21, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

I went in May which is part of the rainy season - it meant the watering holes were full but very little visiting animals as water was plentiful elsewhere but it als meant the Zambezi was full of life and the falls at their peak . It was very warm and incredibly humid around the Zambezi - not sure about March as its getting near the end of the summer so guess it will be warm without humidity ?

Edited at 10:31 AM.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 21, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I have been twice both times in September/October and the weather was beautiful, really warm with little humidity and no rain.
Cape Town and the surrounding areas are absolutely stunning. Many years later, Camps Bay remains one of my favourite places ever
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List