Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 7 May 21, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

There a Rolex shop at Westfield Stratford. Be careful it has sloping glass in the window!
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 21, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Stitchesmumanddad View Post
Oh cheers for that info ! They sneaked that in didnt they ! Ive edited my OP
Yep they did indeed - I spotted it a while ago in business news but never really made the “news” as such. Its a shame

But do get a Rolex - I inherited my Fathers and it’s such a treasured memory and even tho old(ish) looks like new and works a treat (after I repaired it myself !)
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 21, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
Yep they did indeed - I spotted it a while ago in business news but never really made the “news” as such. Its a shame

But do get a Rolex - I inherited my Fathers and it’s such a treasured memory and even tho old(ish) looks like new and works a treat (after I repaired it myself !)
Lovely ! Yes I did a search and saw you ( or was it another chappie on here) mended a watch and did a grand job
I want the rose gold colour to match my car lol

Im excited now x
Old 7 May 21, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

I was taken into the Rolex room & given champagne when choosing mine, it was all part of the experience. I wouldn’t want to buy it on the fly in duty free to be honest.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 21, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
I was taken into the Rolex room & given champagne when choosing mine, it was all part of the experience. I wouldn’t want to buy it on the fly in duty free to be honest.
The Rolex Room ! Oh this is sounding better and better x
Old 7 May 21, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

The Rolex Room ! Oh this is sounding better and better x
It was very nice! I tried loads on & actually ended up with a completely different design than I’d originally thought I wanted.

I wear mine daily unless at work or when running the Apple Watch come out. Absolutely love it & the meaning behind buying it.

Enjoy 😊

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 21, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
keith1973
Imagineer

Lovely ! Yes I did a search and saw you ( or was it another chappie on here) mended a watch and did a grand job
I want the rose gold colour to match my car lol

Im excited now x
If you are looking at 2nd hand watchfinder are great I have a number of expensive watch’s I’ve bought over the years from them and others.
Old 7 May 21, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Our daughter has a rose gold Rolex. She produces media for them and was able to get a discount. It still cost enough for her to class it as her ‘retirement fund’.
When she travels to the HQ in Geneva she says that anyone not wearing a Rolex has to take their watch off! She loves it - I’m working on her getting me one too.

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 21, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
DrMagical
Excited about Disney

Be a little careful buying 2nd hand - they are often more expensive than new. My GMT BLNR Rolex was £5950 new 3 years ago, it now sells for £13,500 second hand. If you buy a Rolex that has a waiting list it can easily double in price as soon as you step out of the shop!
DrMagical is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DrMagical View Post
Be a little careful buying 2nd hand - they are often more expensive than new. My GMT BLNR Rolex was £5950 new 3 years ago, it now sells for £13,500 second hand. If you buy a Rolex that has a waiting list it can easily double in price as soon as you step out of the shop!
DH tells me that there are long waiting lists for certain models; hence 2nd hand selling at the moment for £15,000+ when the price for new is ‘only’ around £6,000.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List