Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 8 May 21, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

Shopping appointment for Penny's/Primark

Anyone in ROI make an appointment for Penny's next week?

I can't believe I'm actually saying this at 48 years of age but I'm so excited to get in there I can usually take or leave Primark, I like a rummage around every few months in normal times or before a holiday for Disney Tee's. I didn't think I would bother trying to go to town for a few weeks after our shops open on May 17th after seeing pics of Primark queues around the UK but it's been so long

Anyway, yesterday I clicked on to make appointment, it said a 2 hour wait but I just left my phone sitting beside me while I was working and after about 40 minutes I got on and made an appointment for Monday afternoon. After closing out the link I clicked in again and was able to make another 2 appointments with no wait for dd's

Imagine getting excited about a timed apt for shopping, how sad my life has become
dismamx2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 21, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by dismamx2 View Post
Anyone in ROI make an appointment for Penny's next week?

I can't believe I'm actually saying this at 48 years of age but I'm so excited to get in there I can usually take or leave Primark, I like a rummage around every few months in normal times or before a holiday for Disney Tee's. I didn't think I would bother trying to go to town for a few weeks after our shops open on May 17th after seeing pics of Primark queues around the UK but it's been so long

Anyway, yesterday I clicked on to make appointment, it said a 2 hour wait but I just left my phone sitting beside me while I was working and after about 40 minutes I got on and made an appointment for Monday afternoon. After closing out the link I clicked in again and was able to make another 2 appointments with no wait for dd's

Imagine getting excited about a timed apt for shopping, how sad my life has become
I did try, but got put off when it said it was over an hour wait. Could you only make an appointment for one person at a time? That seems a bit mad. I was going to take dd
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 21, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Floridadreams View Post
I did try, but got put off when it said it was over an hour wait. Could you only make an appointment for one person at a time? That seems a bit mad. I was going to take dd
Yes only one person at a time but it seemed like once you were in on the system you could go straight back in and book another slot without the wait. A child under 12 can accompany an adult without needing a reservation. I looked this morning to see how it was, no wait but very few appointments left in Waterford, mainly 7am slots. Might be worth checking your area?

It says to arrive 10 minutes before your time, 45 minutes to shop and 15 minutes to check out!
dismamx2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 21, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by dismamx2 View Post
Yes only one person at a time but it seemed like once you were in on the system you could go straight back in and book another slot without the wait. A child under 12 can accompany an adult without needing a reservation. I looked this morning to see how it was, no wait but very few appointments left in Waterford, mainly 7am slots. Might be worth checking your area?

It says to arrive 10 minutes before your time, 45 minutes to shop and 15 minutes to check out!
I did look after I’d posted. Only 1 morning slot left across the two nearest ones. There’s loads for another one nearby but it’s tiny and dd said she’d rather wait and go to a bigger one in a month or two
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 21, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Floridadreams View Post
I did look after I’d posted. Only 1 morning slot left across the two nearest ones. There’s loads for another one nearby but it’s tiny and dd said she’d rather wait and go to a bigger one in a month or two
Hopefully if a lot of people go by appointments next week, the queues won't be as bad when they actually open!