Notices
Photo, Video & Vlogs Photography, Video and Vlog discussions

Old 1 Jun 21, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
mikeishere
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Best cameras for photos/vids

What cameras do people recommended for the parks?
See my problem is I take way too many photos and videos. On one trip I took 900 photos/videos, I feel I constantly have my camera on my hand taking photos so not being in the moment living the full theme park experience . So I don’t know if this is strange request but does anyone know a camera can just have hang around my neck and just have it recording my days for a few hours or so inside the park instead of constantly having my camera phone clicking photos of everything? Or any fancy James bond mini gadget that attaches to my glasses anyone knows about haha? - sorry I know nothing about technology.

Id quite happily watch hours of my days in the parks back home.

Edited at 09:07 PM.
mikeishere is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 21, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
All-smiles
Excited about Disney

We have a professional camera we were going to take but we arent sure we would want to carry it round all day! We are going to look into a go pro now.
All-smiles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 21, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Robyn89
Imagineer

We use a Canon G7X Mk II - absolutely love it! Snaps some lovely pics 😍
Robyn89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 21, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
MacUK
VIP Dibber

MacUK's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Sony ZV1 gets good reviews
MacUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 21, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Originally Posted by mikeishere View Post
What cameras do people recommended for the parks?
See my problem is I take way too many photos and videos. On one trip I took 900 photos/videos, I feel I constantly have my camera on my hand taking photos so not being in the moment living the full theme park experience . So I don’t know if this is strange request but does anyone know a camera can just have hang around my neck and just have it recording my days for a few hours or so inside the park instead of constantly having my camera phone clicking photos of everything? Or any fancy James bond mini gadget that attaches to my glasses anyone knows about haha? - sorry I know nothing about technology.

Id quite happily watch hours of my days in the parks back home.
I wouldn’t beat yourself up with only 900, we’ve had 900+ just from Disney MemoryMaker and I’ve taken 4-5000 on top on my DSLR.

Can easily take a few hundred just on a single safari.

For what you described it might be best to go the GoPro route.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 21, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Love my nikon d500, its getting on but lovely pictures and video 👍
Old 1 Jun 21, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

If you say you just want a camera to hang round your neck andd record everything for a few hours, then my choice would be the best Go Pro you can afford. Use a shoulder mount and a waterproof case.
See here
projectgo.pro/gopro-shoulder-mount/

Or if using a backpack then you can get a clip to mount the go pro to it.

Not sure if it’s that sort of thing you are looking for, but it’s switch on and forget basically .
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 21, 03:43 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Don't get me wrong - I love having video from our trips to the parks but the thing that lets it down for me - no matter how good the image quality - is the sound.

Years ago - probably 2007 - I bought an HD camcorder that only shot in 1080i but recorded audio in what I can best describe as 2 front channels and one rear. When played back through the surround sound system back home it was good to have the extra channel as you felt immersed in the sound.

On our last two trips (2018 and 2019) I bought different go- pros but just didn't get on with them. I loved the colour range but the battery and sound quality was IMHO rubbish. One definite plus of course is the ruggedness and waterproofing.. I also found that they didn't like the florida heat

Great thread BTW
Old 2 Jun 21, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
I have a DSLR but wouldn't take that to Florida so I got a mirrorless Canon M100, it is a much smaller, lighter camera than a DSLR and easy to carry round your neck all day.
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List