Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 8 Jun 21, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Harrison Ford and the next Indiana Jones film

Bamburgh Castle in Northumberland is under siege - by the film crew of the next Harrison Ford Indiana Jones production. The Castle has today been "seen" in flames and the next 4 nights will be rather noisy apparently with "explosive"night shoots.

Harrison Ford himself was seen at lunch time in North Shields sat the Ships Cats pub in full cycling gear. I believe Sparksy72 is staying there at the moment and has a great TR with photos (no HF though).

It's unusual seeing him upright outside of a pub last time I saw him he was horizontal on a pavement outside a bar with SJP just leaving the same establishment in Chelsea NYC.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 21, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

I looked at going to bamburgh castle as I wanted to go to seahouses and it said it was ≈≈≈≈ for filming. Couldn’t find out the film!
Love Indiana Jones but I do think Harrison Ford might be getting too old for this now
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 21, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

on fire last night...
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 21, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

I love Indy and this will be the last time Ford will be playing the character. With George Lucas now out of the way, I'm hopeful that the story will provide a better send off than last time!
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 21, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YLL View Post
I love Indy and this will be the last time Ford will be playing the character. With George Lucas now out of the way, I'm hopeful that the story will provide a better send off than last time!
at 78 I think you are correct..
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 21, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We were in Bamburgh from Thursday to Saturday last week and managed a visit to the castle the day before they closed. We saw loads of props and sets being prepared in anticipation of filming. It was amazing to see however it was hard cropping the lime green crane and all the extra lighting out of my pics. DS thought is was awesome and there were lots of very ‘official looking movie types - not actors’ walking around the castle grounds overseeing the changes.

Edited at 09:09 AM.
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 21, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

its great for the area

see Harrison was walking about the quayside yesterday again & had a thai lunch
Old 10 Jun 21, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

Took my Mam for lunch at the Ships Cat for her birthday first day of lockdown lifting last month. If it’s good enough for her...
Great to see so much going on in the area. Tom Cruise popped up from Yorkshire for dinner at Riley’s fish shack in Tynemouth a few weeks earlier, and they are currently filming Dungeons and Dragons at Alnwick Castle so wonder if we’ll see anything of Hugh Grant or the guy from Bridgerton.
Mind I though it a bit odd on BBC breakfast when they did an article on him filming at Bamburgh then went on to speak to the guy who controls the film location bookings for Yorkshire. I guess his counterpart from Northumberland was too busy.
Geordieprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 21, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Geordieprincess View Post
Took my Mam for lunch at the Ships Cat for her birthday first day of lockdown lifting last month. If it’s good enough for her...
Great to see so much going on in the area. Tom Cruise popped up from Yorkshire for dinner at Riley’s fish shack in Tynemouth a few weeks earlier, and they are currently filming Dungeons and Dragons at Alnwick Castle so wonder if we’ll see anything of Hugh Grant or the guy from Bridgerton.
Mind I though it a bit odd on BBC breakfast when they did an article on him filming at Bamburgh then went on to speak to the guy who controls the film location bookings for Yorkshire. I guess his counterpart from Northumberland was too busy.
was on fire yesterday not sure how serious but a lot of smoke !
Old 11 Jun 21, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

Yes I saw that!
Saw an update that it was in the extraction unit and was extinguished with no one injured, thankfully.
Geordieprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List