Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 9 Jun 21, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
millienoahleo
Excited about Disney

Swan and dolphin vs Disney onsite

So now there is no dining plan, or free dining plan offers and everyone is gearing up for paying oop, is the only perk to staying in boardwalk or yacht and beach over s&d that you can get shopping sent back to the room? When we stay in dolphin before we got a kids eat free card too, not sure if they still do that.
Because there’s a big difference in pricing for my weeks.
£1850 for week in dolphin, balcony with resort view
Versus £3350 yacht club standard view.
millienoahleo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 21, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
WiltshireBen
Gone all Goofy

I'm currently having the same internal battle - what is the benefit to staying onsite.. I suppose the Swan and Dolphin are more like staying at a Premier Inn than something unique and 'Disney', but does that matter if you'll mostly be sleeping in them?

I think that you still get the benefit of the Disney transport which is one of my main draws towards Disney property as I don't want the hassle of a car.
WiltshireBen is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 21, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

I think the Swan and Dolphin stopped using the Disney shuttles last year,they are now using Mears,so if you were going to MK now you'd need to then use the ferry or monorail to MK.
Scotsmomma2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 21, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
millienoahleo
Excited about Disney

A rooms a room at the end of the day, unless your in a themed suite, for me I’d rather have an extra £1500 to spend than mickey ears on the carpet
millienoahleo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 21, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
jim jehosofat
Imagineer

Make sure any price you get includes their resort fees which I seem to remember are $35 per day
jim jehosofat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 21, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneycraft
Imagineer

Disneycraft's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 17

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by WiltshireBen View Post
I'm currently having the same internal battle - what is the benefit to staying onsite.. I suppose the Swan and Dolphin are more like staying at a Premier Inn than something unique and 'Disney', but does that matter if you'll mostly be sleeping in them?

I think that you still get the benefit of the Disney transport which is one of my main draws towards Disney property as I don't want the hassle of a car.
You can’t compare the dolphin to a premier inn !

Marriott 93, MIC lakefront 94,Holiday inn 96,Rosen plaza 98,Quality inn plaza 02,BVP 06,BVP 07 ,Royal plaza 08,villa 09,villa +RPR 11,villa 12,Contemporary 13,BVP 14 ,POR xmas 15,Beach club 16,Beach Club 18 ,Contemporary 22, Sheraton LBV 23,+ DLP 03,17
Disneycraft is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 21, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
millienoahleo
Excited about Disney

That included resort fees but not parking
Old 9 Jun 21, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

No where near like the premier inn. The pools look good too.
It would be something I would consider doing with the location when we look at going back .
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 21, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

No DDP but there is a dining offer. It’s not great but something to factor in.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 21, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadAng
Imagineer

Mobile

Glad to see confirmation that the hotels aren't like a Premier Inn 😂 nothing against a PI, comfiest baths, just the right length for a shorty like me. Everyone wants their mattresses. I want one of their baths 😂 but any hoo

I've just booked to stay at the Swan next year with VH. Parking and resort fees included. $50 food credit on adult only bookings. Children eat free in a couple of the restaurants (can't remember which) Had it priced up by a couple of other TAs and it really was the parking/resort fees that made the difference.
DisneyMadAng is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List