Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Jun 21, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bondy007 View Post
😂 Makes me wonder if they’ve ever been 🤣 or been on anything!
I’ve not got a limit, we’re there for 2 weeks, more than enough time to do everything we want. If I want to ride it I will wait.
People aren’t saying they queue that long for every ride though, we certainly don’t. We usually do our three FP rides, with some small queue rides thrown in, then any additional FP’s we can book and maybe a couple of long-ish (30 minutes) queue time rides. We don’t have much choice though as we have to go in school holidays and if we want to do things the reality is we’ll have to queue.
2018 - Villa in Davenport
2022 - Blue Tree Resort
disney1st timer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 21, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Forgot to say... sometimes when we have been at Easter the FP line is 15 min for things like the mountains... if over 20 there has usually been a breakdown.

FP 15 MIN, STANDBY 75 was quite a regular sight.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 21, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

We have never queued more than 45 minutes for anything. We only go in winter (early Dec, early Nov) and booked all our Fastpasses. Most non-headliners were 15 min or less without FP at that time.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 21, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gev View Post
Do you think fast passes slow lines down, generally?
Yes, it prevents a steadily moving queue.

It seemed a great idea the first time we used it in 2002, but now I feel it is used to pack more people into the park. If it's all someone has known then they will be quite happy with their 3 reservations (plus hopefully some extra fastpasses) and some smaller rides, but that's not how it used to be and a 40 minute wait was a looong wait back in the day.

More people in the park, fewer people in queue lines, more money made from snacks and souvenirs (and don't get me onto how Disney recoup their money for "Free" dining!)

(As you may guess I've not been back to WDW for a few years. Disneyland on the other hand was amazing.)
Libby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 21, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Another thing to consider is using the single rider queue ( does it still exist) especially if you'd ridden before and are all adults.
Edited to say single rider queue is still on the following
Everest
Test Track
Rock n Roller coaster
Smugglers Run
93 94 03 2023 DLP

Edited at 05:29 PM.
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 21, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

We would be happy to wait a couple of hours for something new. I think we waited just over that for Hagrid. I’m sure we waited over 3 hours when Forbidden journey first opened. DS was only 7 but insisted he wanted to wait. From memory we were queueing in a staff carpark at one point.
Otherwise, an hour seems fine to us. If you go to any parks over here the waits are so long! OH and DS watched Gremlins once from start to finish whilst queuing for Saw at Thorpe Park.

We waited just over 2 hours for Smuggler’s run on opening day. We thought that was pretty good

Edited at 05:51 PM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 21, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
At WDW if the posted wait time is over 45 minutes we won't join the queue as we've had the benefit of fast pass at 60 days so been able to get on the headliners with less than 20 minute waits.

At other parks upto an hour, but as others have said we much prefer universal with the express passes.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 21, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

The longest we have stood for anything is 3hrs and that was on opening day for Back to the Future at Universal a long time ago. Generally anything under 45mins for a ride we really want to do we will consider. Will only consider more for something new or one we really want to go on. We have been so many times and know we will go back again we just move on and do something different if lines are too long. Let’s see if our threshold changes if there are no more fast passes and the only way to ride anything is to stand in a LONG Q. 😳

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 21, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

I dont like standing in line and maybe do 10 minutes or walk on. No ride is worth wasting my life waiting for IMHO - luckily Disneyland LA can have quiet times that suit me
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 21, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

It really depends on what ride it is for me with getting in the standby line.

If it's a ride that I've been on plenty of times in the past and that I know will have a shorter wait time if I come back another time, the length of time I'm willing to wait won't be very long. So probably about 10-15 minutes at most for Spaceship Earth, Living with the Land, 3 Cabarellos, It's a Small World, Little Mermaid ride.

If it's a new ride that I've never been on before and that I know (from reading up) will keep having really long queues, I'm happy to wait for a decent length of time and rope drop etc to get on the ride! I've done this for Flight of Passage (rope drop, waited another half hour or so), Hagrid's (rope drop, waited an hour or so), Gringott's ride (can't remember if I rope dropped, but remember waiting in line for a while for this), 7DMT, Millennium Falcon...

At really peak times if I have nothing better to do I might get in a 45 minute line for Rock n Roller Coaster or Tower of Terror or Peter Pan or Test Track (though I usually Single Rider Test Track). Or a 30 minute line for Soarin or the Frozen ride.