Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 15 Nov 18, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
SIL bought Wine from Walmart yesterday with no problems
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 18, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
amarooney
VIP Dibber

amarooney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by matt987106 View Post
i hear its policy direct from Trump

I always thought he might be a wrong un
Fake news, Hillary introduced it, lock her up for picking on Brits.
amarooney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 18, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Lovesholidays
Imagineer

Lovesholidays's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Just got in from a Walmart shop, bought a large bottle of wine. Then went to the liquor store and bought vodka. This was at Caggans crossing Walmart.
Lovesholidays is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 18, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

Just as an aside question, is tonic water available to buy. Usually stick to wine but thought may take duty free gin with us
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 18, 12:14 AM  
Link to this Post
carolmc
Imagineer

Yes, Walmart have tonic water
Old 20 Nov 18, 01:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Lovesholidays
Imagineer

Lovesholidays's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Yes Walmart had fever tree in there tonight
Lovesholidays is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 18, 07:24 AM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by silverfox46 View Post
Just as an aside question, is tonic water available to buy. Usually stick to wine but thought may take duty free gin with us
We did this,this year, yes walmart,pubix both sell tonic in there soft/fizzy drinks isle.
Old 21 Nov 18, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
SteveC
VIP Dibber

During our August trip, me and our 19 year old son called into the Walmart alcohol shop in front of the Old Lake Wilson Rd store and he helped me to carry some bottles to the till. The assistant asked to see his ID and I said he's 19 but he's just helping me and I was the purchaser and he wouldn't be consuming any of it. She refused to serve me.

I offered to put everything back on the shelves, send him out of the store and re-pick the items to which she again said she wouldn't serve me as our son had touched the alcohol. At this point her colleagues suggested that she was being a little over zealous and I should be served as I was clearly the purchaser. She told them to do whatever they wanted to but she was having no part of it and she stormed out. They then served me.
SteveC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 18, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
pad406
VIP Dibber

pad406's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Originally Posted by SteveC View Post
During our August trip, me and our 19 year old son called into the Walmart alcohol shop in front of the Old Lake Wilson Rd store and he helped me to carry some bottles to the till. The assistant asked to see his ID and I said he's 19 but he's just helping me and I was the purchaser and he wouldn't be consuming any of it. She refused to serve me.

I offered to put everything back on the shelves, send him out of the store and re-pick the items to which she again said she wouldn't serve me as our son had touched the alcohol. At this point her colleagues suggested that she was being a little over zealous and I should be served as I was clearly the purchaser. She told them to do whatever they wanted to but she was having no part of it and she stormed out. They then served me.
Not surprised tbh. As discussed earlier, there is the potential of the liability being passed onto the assistant, so they are super cautious

Christmas 2018/New Year 2019 (19N) BC - RPR - BC
Christmas 2016/New Year 2017 (18N). SF, LA, Disneyland & SD
Christmas 2014/New Year 2015 (21N). BWI, Hard Rock, Beach Club
April 2012 (21N). New York, Beach Club
Christmas 2010/New Year 2011 (15N). Polynesian & AKL
pad406 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 18, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
deanobrown
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by pad406 View Post
Not surprised tbh. As discussed earlier, there is the potential of the liability being passed onto the assistant, so they are super cautious
Yeah, I remember being TERRIFIED as a youngster...
Me being the lovely polite little boy I am Went to carry the bag from the liquor store for my mum, when the checkout woman literally SCREAMED at me "You can't carry that outside sweetie"!

It's really funny just how different it is to the UK! lol
deanobrown is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List