Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Closed Thread

Old 1 Mar 10, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
morgwyn
Earning More Ears

ipod touch duty free?

Can anyone tell me the rough price of an ipod touch in duty free or are they cheaper anywhere when you get out to florida, if so prices would be great, my little boy wants one for his birthday but uk prices are a little expensive, wondering if we would be able to afford it if we got it at airport or out there? thanks
morgwyn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 10, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
kirst_al UK
Imagineer

kirst_al UK's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 3
with the dollar rate being so low it'll almost certainly be cheaper to buy it in the duty free as you leave the UK.

When we were looking for one a year ago in december when the dollar rate was around the 1.70 mark it worked out cheaper to buy it here tax free than over there so now with it being even lower will mean defo over here would be your best bet i imagine.

[NEW video] April/May 15 - The biggest one yet! 💍🎩👰🏻 [video] Mar 12 - Rosen Inn at Pointe, Orlando, FL. Apr 10 - Vista Cay - Orlando, FL. Dec 08 - Anaheim, LA, Vegas & NYC. Apr 07 - Fairfield Inn & Suites - Orlando, FL. Apr 05 - Crowne Plaza Universal - Orlando, FL.
kirst_al UK is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 10, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Go to dixonstaxfree to get a look at the Tax Free prices at the airport. Not sure how much they are stateside but apparently the difference is minimal - my brother bought his in the airport before flying to New York, and due to the exchange rate he saved himself a couple of quid!
skalexander is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 10, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
kirst_al UK
Imagineer

kirst_al UK's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 3
i'm sure i've read before that apple are a company that try and ensure their prices are pretty much the same throughout the world. Obviously it does all depend on the exchange rate which is out of their hands but as a rule they're all pretty much the same.

[NEW video] April/May 15 - The biggest one yet! 💍🎩👰🏻 [video] Mar 12 - Rosen Inn at Pointe, Orlando, FL. Apr 10 - Vista Cay - Orlando, FL. Dec 08 - Anaheim, LA, Vegas & NYC. Apr 07 - Fairfield Inn & Suites - Orlando, FL. Apr 05 - Crowne Plaza Universal - Orlando, FL.
kirst_al UK is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 10, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
I looked at them a few weeks ago and they is very little in difference in price between buying in the UK and buying in the US... i'm sure they are about £125 for 8gb touch in Dixons Duty Free.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 10, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie
Proud to wear my Ears

I got my 8gb from John Lewis last week for £134.95 so can be just as cheap to get one in the UK.
lizzie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 10, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
~lol~
Excited about Disney

We made the mistake of saying we would get our niece an ipod on our last visit as we though they would be cheaper there, we paid the same as we would have paid here.
Old 1 Mar 10, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post

I will be getting the 64gb one.

$357 in Walmart and at 1.5$ to the £ that works out at £236.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 10, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Budgies View Post
I will be getting the 64gb one.

$357 in Walmart and at 1.5$ to the £ that works out at £236.
Almost enough to exceed your allowance to bring back, before UK customs whack on their 17.5%+
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 10, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Originally Posted by grumpyscot View Post
Almost enough to exceed your allowance to bring back, before UK customs whack on their 17.5%+
No the allowance is £390 per person now.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread