Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Closed Thread

Old 11 May 11, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by AntonyJ View Post
As above - the AT&T model works fine in the UK, as do the wifi only models.

I have a US bought one and it developed a fault once got home - the UK Apple store swapped it out no questions asked, no hassle or questions about buying it abroad.

Also, the money saved in buying in States is more than a couple of bucks, so well worth it if you can get one.
I reaaly want to treat myself to one of these for my birthday can you tell me how much you saved
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 11, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post

im interested in the cost too :-)
Old 12 May 11, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Jollymon
Imagineer

Jollymon's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Check out the us apple store website. Will list the prices.

Smart covers range from $40 to $70
Jollymon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 11, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post

You will save about £50 on UK prices, if you stopped at customs it will cost you atleast that as every model is well over your allowances.
Old 12 May 11, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JCUK23 View Post
You will save about £50 on UK prices, if you stopped at customs it will cost you atleast that as every model is well over your allowances.
Sorry, this is not true. The 16GB WiFi only model is definately under. The 32GB Wifi might be under - it would depend on the exchange rate used as it's close.
Old 12 May 11, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
bigc40sc
Serious Dibber

So if we buy the AT&T version will it work with all uk networks without having to get an unlock code from AT&T in other words it would be "sim free"
bigc40sc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 11, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Embraer
Excited about Disney

Yep, there is no unlock required. There are 2 different models in the US AT&T and Verizon as they work to different network frequencies, the AT&T model is compatible to the UK GSM standard used by all the UK networks
Offsite 5 times 76-05, POR 06, DVC since 07, SSR 07, BWV & DCL Wonder 4night 08, PR 3night & DCL Magic 7night W. Carib & SSR 3night 09, DLP NB 10, Treehouse 11, DLP NB 12, Treehouse & DCL Fantasy 7night E. Carib & BLT 13, BWV 15, SSR 16, Treehouse 19 & 22, Treehouse again 24
Embraer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 11, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by neilhd View Post
Sorry, this is not true. The 16GB WiFi only model is definately under. The 32GB Wifi might be under - it would depend on the exchange rate used as it's close.
Ok one model 16gb wifi is under at £350 the 32gb is over just, but currency forecast are not good on the dollar either.

None leave you any allowance to buy anything else while out there tho.
Old 12 May 11, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post

We have just returned last weekend and it was not easy to get an I pad 2 apple shop in Florida mall did not have any and all they could tell you do is arrive at 7am and que on certain days and take your chance they do not open untill 10am depends how many others were in the que and how many they got in that day.
Wall mart never know when they will have a delivery you can reserve one but they do not give you a guarenteed delivery day. Best buy were the best hope they did know when they were coming in so they said but not how many we were going home the day they said they were due in so go there at the begining of your holiday.
My son struck lucky we were in wallmart on the us27 and they had 1 in the cabinate had given up looking then so he was well pleased when my husband spotted it.
He paid $399 plus tax.
Carefull it can take over your holiday!
Old 12 May 11, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Tom Morrow
Imagineer

Tom Morrow's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
You could also buy the wifi one and then sign up to a MIFI plan here that gets you a device that acts a a wifi hotspot for around £10 a month for 1gb of data. It is small enough to carry in your pocket or handbag. You could also used this for laptop, ipod touch, kindle etc etc etc. The one I was looking at was with Three.

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day"
Tom Morrow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread