Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Closed Thread

Old 20 Jan 13, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

I stay in a hotel so don't buy food as such but I do buy treats to save money buying them in the parks or hotel deli.

Pack of 24 diet cokes, bag of Lays chips (ridge crisps yum), a few red delicious apples (as big as a grapefruit !).

A fraganced candle to burn in my hotel room. An american craft magazine - they have a great selection that we don't get over here. TV listings magazine.

These are my must-haves. I then fill the rest of the cart with stuff I don't need but I want and sometimes didn't even know existed !

Love Walmart. I go the first morning to the Turkey Lake Rd branch then to Sweet Tomatoes for my first lunch. In the afternoon it's a doze by the pool to get rid of the jet lag. What a perfect day !

Linda xx
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 13, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
andreab
Excited about Disney

andreab's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Thanks everyone. My list is coming along nicely. Also going to try some Hawaii punch which I read about on another thread.
3 other visits, staying twice on 192 and once on site in Dixie Landings
andreab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 13, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
nordictat2girl
Imagineer

Grape jelly (great on a bagel with cream cheese) and Arizonia Green tea. Sitting outside by the pool during the day...with an ice cold glass of that tea. Mmmm!
West Coast road trip 2018 (CO,CA,MT,ID,WA,OR,NV,UT) Yellowstone/Yosemite
Alabama, Florida & New Orleans - May 19
nordictat2girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 13, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyD
Imagineer

DisneyD's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 14
caramel dip excellent with appleS FROM PUBLIX!
Old 20 Jan 13, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
goodevans
VIP Dibber

goodevans's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Originally Posted by Greyfriars View Post
Although you can buy prefilled from the chilled counter the real deal is at the deli counter.

You chose the footlong sub and they fill it with the meat, salad and dressing as you wait. There is a board giving you ideas and prices. You can also chose ordinary meat or the premium brand, Boars Head.
Thank you they sound a great idea for lunch when we don't want to bother eating out

Originally Posted by letty View Post
The subs are made to your specification while you wait, other hot food like chicken tenders, whole chickens are also available at the counter
This is all fantastic information

We really have been missing out on some tasty meal alternatives and the info provided by you all will ensure we don't again
Hotel Cheyenne DLP - 1994,Davy Crockett Ranch DLP - 1996 ,AllStars Sports WDW 1997,DL Hotel DLP - 1998,All Stars Movies WDW - 2000,AKL WDW -03,Newport Bay Club DLP - 04,AKL WDW- 06,Sequoia Lodge DLP 06
Fairfield Inn Marriot Village LBV-12

Hawthorn Suites LBV-14, Hotel Cheyenne DLP-17, LBV, RPR, POR-WDW, AMI+Disney Dream '18
goodevans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 13, 12:53 AM  
Link to this Post
lorimac
Serious Dibber

When we stay in a villa we always each choose a tub of ice cream each ( my usual is either Edy's rocky road or butter pecan) at our first shop. Yum!
Old 21 Jan 13, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post

From publix my 3 essentials are

Minute maid fresh orange juice
Chocolate chip muffins
and my absolute favorite is 10 piece cooked ranch chicken from the hot counter - mmmm
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 13, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
paulandalison
Imagineer

paulandalison's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We usually buy loads of treats as the word diet gets left in this country, our fridge at the villa is groaning under the weight,
In the villa we get washing capsules, dishwasher tablets compared to our they are brilliant,
Toilet rolls, and essentials to keep us going for the villa, and when its time to come home, last time we bought loads of biscuits, washing capsules, plus biscuit treats for our two cats who will be spoilt rotten as they will have been in a cattery for two weeks.

We got in May last year skinny cow ice creams on a stick I'm drooling here now remembering them,
Come on June cannot wait to be there again so we can buy things you can't buy in this country.
We normally bring loads of things back clothes, anything really we can put in the case.
paulandalison is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 13, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicki G
Imagineer

Nicki G's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Publix chicken dinner (fried or rotisserie chicken, choice of 2 sides and sweet rolls) a bag of salad and thats our first night meal done

Nicki
Nicki G is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 13, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Orange Juice
Water
Beer
Cookies
Oreos
Bagels
Cream cheese
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread